Found Deceased VA - Noah Tomlin, 2, Hampton, 24 June 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't Mothers or Fathers who can't parent and feel the need to kill their kid, just bring the child to a hospital, fire station anywhere!!!!!! And say "I can't do this and I'm afraid Im going to hurt the child" for the love of GOD!!!!!!!!!!

This is a mystery that confounds me. So many safe haven policies that parents in distress refuse to use.

While I agree that forced sterilization raises the ugly spectre of the eugenics movement and enforcing population standards, what doesn't give me pause is the mandated surrender of newborns and any children living at home by anyone who has been convicted and sentenced to prison time for child neglect or abuse. I'd have no problem with terminating parental rights in that manner. The challenge lies in finding qualified adoptive families for all the kids who would then have neither birth parent able or willing to care for them.

edit: clarity

Last edited:
This is a mystery that confounds me. So many safe haven policies that parents in distress refuse to use.

While I agree that forced sterilization raises the ugly spectre of the eugenics movement and enforcing population standards, what doesn't give me pause is the mandated surrender of newborns and any children living at home by anyone convicted and sentenced to prison time for child neglect or abuse. I'd have no problem with terminating parental rights in that manner. The challenge lies in finding qualified adoptive families for all the kids who would then have neither birth parent able or willing to care for them.

I was just going to type what you wrote. It should be easy to track them as most are not having the child with private insurance. If you remove the financial benefit it just may work.

Not to be a debbie downer...but the press releases I am reading have not CONFIRMED that the remains found are him, correct ??? Do we have anything verifying this??

Yes they held a press conference this morning and announced it was Noah. They obviously will need to do DNA or something but they said it as Noah so they have reason to believe that.

Last edited:
Well, Noah is not hurting or afraid or hungry or trying to walk better or being left alone for hours any longer. His time of pain is over.
Now it's her turn to be afraid and eat lousy food and be left alone for hours. Her bad time is just beginning, let's hope.

If the mother is responsible, what punishment would she receive?
Due to her lifestyle, possibly being affected by drugs, would she be sentenced to prison.
I guess, when released, her days will continue as before.
MOO.

Hell. A kid just got murdered by his mother in CA 11 years after she drowned him and then revived him. His 7 year old brother was also attacked and is in critical condition. She was granted custody of both kids.

How was she ever allowed near them again?

Once again, my position that there is zero potential for rehabilitation for child abusers is sadly affirmed. People who abuse and neglect animals, children, elderly, disabled, are seriously flawed with psychopathology that doesn't change.

When will society accept that some people cannot be rehabilitated? The psychopathy of abusers cannot be "fixed" by "curing" their drug addiction, because there are drug addicts who do not abuse and neglect children. Drug addiction is not synonymous with child abuse.

Off to read about more children killed or injured by being left with known child abusers.

Change the title of this thread..
"Body Found of " Dead Toddler of the Month". So sick of hearing about children tossed out like trash.

Once again, my position that there is zero potential for rehabilitation for child abusers is sadly affirmed. People who abuse and neglect animals, children, elderly, disabled, are seriously flawed with psychopathology that doesn't change.

When will society accept that some people cannot be rehabilitated? The psychopathy of abusers cannot be "fixed" by "curing" their drug addiction, because there are drug addicts who do not abuse and neglect children. Drug addiction is not synonymous with child abuse.

Off to read about more children killed or injured by being left with known child abusers.

Change the title of this thread..
"Body Found of " Dead Toddler of the Month". So sick of hearing about children tossed out like trash.

I agree 200%. There are sex offender registries. I think there should be abuse registries too because you can’t rehabilitate abusers. There are abuse registries for some occupations, like healthcare, but I mean one for the general public to be put on that can be accessed for the whole world to see. Once you have rightfully been put on the registry, I don’t think you should be able to haphazardly keep having children, and the children in your custody should be given to families that want them and will take care of them. JMO.

Re: government benefits, I live in NYC so I know a little... one way that recipients can get around using WIC/SNAP for healthy foods, is to shop at corner "package" or "bodega" stores that don't have cash registers that give line-item details; in much the same way a teacher friend liked to shop at non-chain bookstores, so it was possible to occasionally gloss over a $3.69 for cappuccino or greeting card, something other than textbooks, when she did her income taxes.

Often the bodega/package stores are run by recent immigrant community members who may not be "up" on all the regulations; and thus wave someone wielding a benefits card through with a pack of Marlboro Reds and kettle chips in their hands, if they are going to be rung up without any item description. Conversely, I've been in grocery chains standing behind people using their cards, who brought up a basket full of healthy, homey ingredients; and then, some kid tried to sneak through a box of sugared cereal at the end, only to have the clerk wagging a stern finger at them and sending it back to the shelf. (Not that I blamed the kid! I thought "While ham hocks and collard greens are good solid economical food, I myself would have hated to be, say, eight; and be fed on that type of food exclusively when my classmates ate God knows what junk in front of me."

RIP, sweet little Noah. I wanted a better ending for you, with your innocent hopeful little face.

As a business owner I find this scenario hard to believe? We looked into being able to take snap cards and it’s not cheap to do. You have to buy a special card processor etc. and the rules on qualifying to take snap are very rigid. You have to sell a certain percentage of fruit, veggies, dairy etc.

As a business owner I find this scenario hard to believe? We looked into being able to take snap cards and it’s not cheap to do. You have to buy a special card processor etc. and the rules on qualifying to take snap are very rigid. You have to sell a certain percentage of fruit, veggies, dairy etc.

You have ethics and integrity. If you scam the system, sell cigarettes by the "each" for a dollar, scan a bar code for an "avocado" and use EBT, you would make bank. Charge $20 for a six pack of beer, on EBT, scan "steak". That is how to scam EBT. The owner and EBT beneficiary both need to be criminals.

A side issue, If a person is on Social Security benefits, more dependents equals more cash.

Last edited:
Respectfully let me set this straight,
eu·gen·ics
[yo͞oˈjeniks]
NOUN
  1. the science of improving a human population by controlled breeding to increase the occurrence of desirable heritable characteristics.
This is absolutely not what I was referring to in any way, shape or form, not even close. When a woman has 10 children, is a non functioning addict, unable to care and provide for them, is guilty of multiple counts of child abuse and neglect, there should be something done to prevent her from having more children while in this state.

Her rights are more protected than an innocent child's! Her children have suffered from her actions, she has repeatedly lost custody, they have been severely injured and now little Noah is dead. DEAD, he doesn't get to see another day.

What about his/their rights? Don't they have a right to grow up being cared for and being safe? It's disgusting what these parents do these children and it's heartbreaking to see this happen time and time again. It's a vicious cycle of poverty, lack of education, drug addiction, broken homes, etc. but where does it end?
Everything you just posted.........Thank you.

I agree 200%. There are sex offender registries. I think there should be abuse registries too because you can’t rehabilitate abusers. There are abuse registries for some occupations, like healthcare, but I mean one for the general public to be put on that can be accessed for the whole world to see. Once you have rightfully been put on the registry, I don’t think you should be able to haphazardly keep having children, and the children in your custody should be given to families that want them and will take care of them. JMO.

This is why I will never work at CPS. I don't believe in "family reunification" or "parenting education" classes, or any of the other wasted effort on "helping" folks who abuse kids.

I have met so many child abusers, for the most part they are narcissistic, entitled people who want the world to revolve around "them" and "their" problems. Dead kids? Shrug.

"What about ME?!".

I am sorry but the policy of reunification at all costs must end. Period. The cost ends up being the lives of these babies. Until CPS stops blindly working to reunite families that were never and never will be safe, this will continue.

I am sorry but the policy of reunification at all costs must end. Period. The cost ends up being the lives of these babies. Until CPS stops blindly working to reunite families that were never and never will be safe, this will continue.
I agree with this.

What can we, as armchair sleuthers do?

Call our representatives and demand CPS reform? There’s an election in 2020 and this could make too many waves.

It must be different in different states. In MA it is insanely easy to obtain SNAP benefits. You barely need any proof, just send in a random paystub or something. Also, all chain supermarkets here take the SNAP card with the same machine you use for debit/credit. Also, there is no real limits on what you can buy except you cannot buy hot food that they have available at the deli and such. Like rotisserie chicken, for example. And no alcohol of course. Other than that, no restrictions as far as how many fruits/veggies etc. you need to buy. WIC, on the other hand, is very specific with what you can buy. Just my two cents and MOO.

ETA: some convenience stores have a separate card machine for SNAP, but not all.

Once a child has been neglected, abused, burned without being treated (like Noah's sister) --the other children should be removed; asap.
There is no 'parenting' class that will change these "parents". Imo.
Over and over.
This will probably happen again to other at risk children.

I have been away from internet access over the last several days. Guarding a coal mine in 13-14 hour shifts. Although I suspected the outcome, I have to say this still feels like a punch in the gut. Learning that Noah's body has been found and identified is both relief and gut wrenching. It feels fitting that I learned of it on Independence day. One thing it brought to mind was that this little angel is now truly free of the sad existence he was dealt, and will eventually be laid to rest like a human being and is no longer disposed of like a bag of trash. My heart goes out to Noah and his brothers and sisters... Maybe because of him his brothers and sisters will have a better chance in this world. Fly high, Noah...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard