VA VA - Richard 'Keith' Call, 20, & Cassandra Hailey, 18, Newport News, 10 April 1988

The "Unfound" podcast covers the case on YouTube in two parts. Interviews with family members.

Cassandra's ex-bf was at the party. He was well known as a highly recruited HS athlete who went to excel at UVA and the NFL. That was something I did not know till I watched the podcast.

Just as the police say, they may have been murdered by a serial killer who, unfortunately, has already gone unpunished. I think he saw them embracing each other naked and took them down at gunpoint or knife and took them out of the area.
wherever you are rest in peace

The location for the car still baffles me. The car in that location BUT no bodies leads me to believe the actual crime didn't happen in the car or even in the immediate area. (LE has never said blood was found in the car or immediate area.) If the crime, murder, happened there WHY move the bodies and not the car? It makes me think the crime happened elsewhere and that is where the bodies will likely be found. And the car was moved to the location where it was found. That leads me to my next baffling question - why there? It is not convenient to leave that area on foot and someone walking on the Parkway on foot would stand out. Why not park the car in a large parking lot where it will likely go unnoticed for days or even weeks? To park it there and not be noticed makes me think there was an accomplice who drove the killer away from the car. IF that is the case, loyalties change over the years and that this case could be solved if that occurs. IF that possible accomplice is still alive. To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin's famous quote: Two may keep a secret if one of them is dead.

I don't have anything of real value to add- though I'm from Virginia, I was not alive during these horrific acts. I want to see these solved more than any other case. Whomever did this not only stole the lives and futures of innocent young men and women, but forever altered the trajectory of everyone's lives who were left in the wake of tragedy.
I noticed a post on the Colonial Parkway Murders FB page from 2022 gauging interest in monetary donations for DNA testing. I understand, as Bill Thomas said, that the recovered DNA is very old and degraded, so I would imagine it would require the utmost care and attention. I would love to do anything possible to help financially. Like many citizens, I can't offer much but this, kind words, and a vow to keep your loved ones' memory alive (even to those of us who never knew them personally). I only wish there was more we could do. Your loved ones deserved a fulfilling life and I am so sorry that that opportunity was ripped from them. 35 years later and they are not forgotten. Love and respect, Payton.

Last edited:
Author: Brenna McIntosh
Published: 8:20 PM EDT October 14, 2023
1697330269156.png
''GLOUCESTER COUNTY, Va. — Decades later and still no answers on what happened to Keith Call and Cassandra Hailey.
The Christopher Newport University students were on their first date when they disappeared in 1988.
Eventually, the case went cold and was grouped together with the killings of three other couples known as the Colonial Parkway Murders.

But, 35 years later, the Call siblings aren’t giving up hope that one day they’ll know what happened to their brother.
“As long as we’re alive, I think I’m speaking for all of my brothers, we won’t give up. I mean, how do you do that when somebody walks out the door and then you never see them again?” said Keith's older sister Joyce Call-Canada.
"We promised our parents that we were not going to give up until we have this solved," said Chris Call, Keith's older brother. ''

''The FBI is still looking for tips that can help them solve the Colonial Parkway murders. Anyone with information is asked to email the FBI at Colonial_Parkway_Murders@ic.fbi.gov.''

Cross posted on associated thread..​

WAVY TV 10 News: Colonial Parkway murder victims to be remembered​

GLOUCESTER COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — Family and friends will gather Saturday to remember the victims of the Colonial Parkway murders.

A memorial monument will be planted for Keith Call, who along with Cassandra Hailey, disappeared from the Colonial Parkway April, 9 1988.

Previously: 35 years and still no answers in Colonial Parkway murders
It is believed by some they were intercepted along Highway 17 after leaving a party at Christopher Newport University.

The monument will be placed in the shadows of the Call family headstone at Rosewell Memorial Garden Cemetery in Gloucester County.

Memorial for Colonial Parkway murder victim renews calls for justice​

Family of man killed in Colonial Parkway murders hopes for break in case

By: Bree Sison

Posted at 2:32 PM, Oct 12, 2023

and last updated 2:32 PM, Oct 12, 2023

RICHMOND, Va. -- Almost four decades after a series of unsolved murders terrorized the Commonwealth of Virginia, the families of the victims are rallying in a renewed pursuit of justice.
The Colonial Parkway Murders, a chilling sequence of double homicides, remains one of Virginia's most baffling mysteries. The families, who have endured years of uncertainty and grief, say there will never be "closure,” but at least one victim will finally have a place where his life can be honored.

Was any blood found in the cars or on the clothes? Is it serial killer or a team of two or more serial killers?
Apologies for the slow reply. No blood on Keith or Sandy's clothing or in Keith Call's abandoned Toyota Celica found on the Colonial Parkway. Their bodies have never been found as well.
Bill Thomas, Brother of Cathy Thomas, Colonial Parkway Murders

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back