VA VA - Richmond, Valley Rd, Whtmale Pre70, UP72826, wearing hospital clothing, shoe nearby, Jul'20

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Gruesome Discovery: Police hope photos of clothes will help ID skeletal remains found in Richmond field
Posted at 4:19 PM, Jul 10, 2020 last updated 4:05 PM, Jul 11, 2020

Snip

...skeletal remains...

Snip

...in a field in the 1500 block of Valley Road not far from Holy Cross Cemetery,...

Snip

...believed to be a man between 39 to 64 years old and about 5 feet 2 inches to 5 feet 7 inches tall.

...race or ethnicity could not be determined,...

...wearing a blue disposable top, like the kind given to hospital patients, as well as maroon pants with an elastic waistband and silver snaps, ...

... a pattered shirt, gray sock and gray/black sneaker, found near the remains.

WTVR CBS 6 News

The grey socks look like the socks that are given to you at the psych ward. Perhaps he had stayed at one some time before his death?

The grey socks look like the socks that are given to you at the psych ward. Perhaps he had stayed at one some time before his death?
I’ve had socks like that during every hospital admission (surgeries, colonoscopy, etc) so they didn’t necessarily need to be from a mental health facility, could have just been a hospital stay. Regardless, the combination of the socks and medical smock definitely sound like he left some kind of facility.

I think the shoes are the 2011-2012ish Nike Initiator Men’s Neon Yellow Volt model (because the yellow part on the sole is aging orange instead of green), but I can’t confirm the year for sure... that doesn’t narrow things down a lot but I think it probably means this person died after 2011 at the very earliest.

Edward went missing in Aug 2019 from about 15 mins away near Forest Hill Ave. I noticed there is Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital, various VCU Med Centers, and Richmond Comm Hosp. that are all within a 10 min drive from where these remains were located. He reportedly has various medical problems which makes me wonder if he sought treatment nearby then traveled to where these remains were located.

Richmond VA > Police > Home
Missing Person Sought

image006.jpg

Edward T. McKinney, 54, was last seen August 19th in the 4400 block of Forest Hill Avenue.

He was last seen wearing a white tee shirt and sweatpants. He suffers from chronic illnesses and is in need of medication. He is 5’7” tall with brown hair and a goatee.

Edward went missing in Aug 2019 from about 15 mins away near Forest Hill Ave. I noticed there is Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital, various VCU Med Centers, and Richmond Comm Hosp. that are all within a 10 min drive from where these remains were located. He reportedly has various medical problems which makes me wonder if he sought treatment nearby then traveled to where these remains were located.

Richmond VA > Police > Home
Missing Person Sought

image006.jpg

Edward T. McKinney, 54, was last seen August 19th in the 4400 block of Forest Hill Avenue.

He was last seen wearing a white tee shirt and sweatpants. He suffers from chronic illnesses and is in need of medication. He is 5’7” tall with brown hair and a goatee.
I think Edward looks like a great possible. I think it would be worth the time to call it in so they can review!

It seems they've determined JD is white/caucasian. I think I need to submit Edward as a PM. Any more thoughts?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
No photos.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP72826
Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found July 2, 2020
Location Found Richmond, Virginia
Estimated Age Range--
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 70
Height 5' 2"-5' 7"(62-67 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate
Hair Color Unknown
Eye Color Unknown

Circumstances of Recovery - Found in wooded area, approximately 200+ yards from closest road/business. Located in overgrown area, with pathway noted near the location of the body.
Inventory of Remains--
Condition of Remains - Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Did anyone ever follow up on the possibility that this UID is a match for Edward McKinney?

I've submitted the following cases to NamUs.

I went through 1,200 missing person cases to visually match the Richmond, VA Unidentified to a missing person, and found Warren Michael Williams of Phoenix, AZ. Warren was "reported as being homeless and having a transient lifestyle."

Their faces are the closest I've seen, their timelines do align, although, I'm not sure how Warren got all the way to Richmond, VA. However, their height is estimated to be 1 inch off. If Warren has no fractures to his nose, he had up to 4 years for those fractures to occur.

Note that the Richmond, VA Unidentified's mouth is open, and his head is tilted forward while Warren's head is tilted back.

Warren-Williams.jpg

Warren Michael Williams (NamUs #MP60791)

Richmond, VA Unidentified (NamUs #UP72826)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloudy89
Back