Found Deceased VA - Rob Havey, 37, Henrico, 17 March 2016

"Havey’s iPhone was triangulating near interstate 64W and the Leatherwood Tree Farm area of Manakin, VA until late in the day March 20th. Numerous ground search efforts were accompanied by aerial searches of the region. These expansive undertakings did not reveal the location of Havey nor his vehicle."

So he was in the area for 2 1/2 days and was only about 1/2 an hour away. But wasnt in the area when they did a search and didn't find him or his car. Also, if he was VP and in Human Resources he probably had access to all kinds of backgroud software and also access to a lot of peoples SSN's and other personal information. He looks like a smart guy. Maybe he did want to disappear on his own or at least start a new life with someone new. Just because he isn't using his bank account doesn't mean he didn't have another one under an alias or used someone elses ID to open an account. You can open a bank account online very easily now days and bank online and through ATM so if there wasn't a fraud alert notification I'm sure he could get away with that very easy. Or maybe he ran off with someone else that had money as well. If people get tired on their old pressured lifestyle I'm sure they would find relief taking off and going somewhere he could find the simple life with someone else. I do realize he has a new child but he wouldn't be the first father that left a child. And since we don't know the family's business maybe he didn't want a child and his wife pressured him into it. Of course this is just a theory and since we have next to no info to go in it's just a theory.

Since the wife was so quick to report him missing I would have to guess that they argued and he said something like "I am never coming back" or "I'm going to kill myself" and when he didn't come home at normal time she realized he was serious.

Marking my spot :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Rob seems to have aged dramatically in just a few months, he looks old and tired for only being 37 years old.

I noticed this too! The photos via fb show his quick aging in what looks like a pretty short period of time.

To me it appears he is missing voluntarily. His wife is conspicuously absent in all the media reports I've seen. I saw a post on FB from someone claiming to be a friend of hers who said she's avoiding the media "to stay classy".

Right? I mean what? Your husband is missing, the father of your 14 month old but you aren't speaking out for "Privacy reasons. Trying to maintain class and not a media circus." (Quoted per the friend of the wife.) Something is totally up with this. Is she is afraid of dirty laundry being aired...I mean come on!
<modsnip>

What I find SO incredibly ironic is Rob's sister's husband is "liking" some of these comments. I mean doesn't that tell people he agrees something isn't right between Rob and his wife? Sounds to me that his disappearing stems from something to do with his marriage. Just my opinions here...

Some other thoughts...
If a photo was captured at 11:50am leaving his office building and he did not use his phone at all the day of his disappearance, that also leads me to believe he must have done a little planning to leave. My husband is also a VP of an organization, there is no way he would be able to not use his phone all morning before going to lunch. Did he toss the phone out of the window at the Leatherwood Tree Farm and the battery finally died a few days later; is that why it stopped sending pings? If he did take off, this also buys him approximatley 5 hours (at least) to get out of Richmond before he was due home. You can get pretty far in 5 hours!

I noticed this too! The photos via fb show his quick aging in what looks like a pretty short period of time.

There's something up with his health OR substances ... IMO

I'm really concerned that he may have harmed himself. I am stereotyping here but because of his career and position, I'm inclined to believe that he is responsible, hard working, accountable, & loyal. He may have had relationship "problems" but I don't believe he'd leave behind his career, his child, his family, etc.

I also don't think it's a substance abuse issue but I could be wrong. I ruled out an accident *which I initially thought was a possibility, assuming he left on his lunch break and something happened* once his phone was pinged 3 days after he was missing.

Either, a. he tossed his phone or b. his phone was powered off after it pinged in the area he was in. Since they haven't found his truck, I want to have some optimism but at this point, I don't. I'd love to be wrong. I don't know how rural that area is how or how many spots there are to search but I would recommend they check storage areas, water, (as I just typed water, I wonder COULD he have had an accident involving water?) and parking lots.

I wonder if he owned a gun (would be my first theory if he harmed himself.)
Was on any medication?
Have a history of depression?

I've not read one bad word about him on social media - it's really sad and I wish his case was getting more attention. Unfortunately, until more details are released, I fear that it will continue to be quiet.

If his family is reading here, I hope that they consider releasing any pertinent information as it can assist in locating him. Recently, there was a woman who was missing and feared suicidal. She was found and I'd like to believe that social media contributed in some way.. I just really am concerned that time is not on our side.

IMO

I'm really concerned that he may have harmed himself. I am stereotyping here but because of his career and position, I'm inclined to believe that he is responsible, hard working, accountable, & loyal. He may have had relationship "problems" but I don't believe he'd leave behind his career, his child, his family, etc.

But causing him self harm, he WOULD be leaving behind his career, child and family..

But causing him self harm, he WOULD be leaving behind his career, child and family..

Agreed but if he was suicidal it would be the end and he could have thought that it was the best decision for everyone. I'm not saying that I think suicide is an unselfish thing but it's totally different than just up and leaving life to start a new one.

I realize that option 2 would be the better outcome as he would be alive but again, I don't think he's away at the lake relaxing.

I also don't think it's a substance abuse issue but I could be wrong. I ruled out an accident *which I initially thought was a possibility, assuming he left on his lunch break and something happened* once his phone was pinged 3 days after he was missing.

Either, a. he tossed his phone or b. his phone was powered off after it pinged in the area he was in. Since they haven't found his truck, I want to have some optimism but at this point, I don't. I'd love to be wrong. I don't know how rural that area is how or how many spots there are to search but I would recommend they check storage areas, water, (as I just typed water, I wonder COULD he have had an accident involving water?) and parking lots.

I wonder if he owned a gun (would be my first theory if he harmed himself.)
Was on any medication?
Have a history of depression?

I've not read one bad word about him on social media - it's really sad and I wish his case was getting more attention. Unfortunately, until more details are released, I fear that it will continue to be quiet.

If his family is reading here, I hope that they consider releasing any pertinent information as it can assist in locating him. Recently, there was a woman who was missing and feared suicidal. She was found and I'd like to believe that social media contributed in some way.. I just really am concerned that time is not on our side.

IMO
Excellent points LivingJuicy!
I've also wondered if he did not commit suicide, especially since the family has been conducting ground searches. The family has been steadfast in saying they have no reason to believe: he was any harm to himself, he had no enemies and there is no reason he would up and leave. No reason for anything according to them. So either #1 they aren't disclosing the truth or #2 they really didn't know whatever may have been going on with Rob.

The surrounding areas nearby The Leatherwood Tree Farm are all pretty rural.

This whole story is just sad and I am prayerful and hopeful he is OK but the time that has elapsed just doesn't seem to be an indicator of good news. I really feel for his baby boy...

The only other thought that I had that would indicate that maybe he just needed to get away is he was having any sort of legal issue. I didn't sleuth this but it did come into my mind.. I doubt this but figured it could be a possibility. Maybe .10.

Did anyone notice his company has not posted on their FB Page about his disappearance? I understand it is business, however, business is usually "family" too.

This case is really on my mind .. his face looks so full of love and he has kind eyes. I hope he returns home safely.

http://wtvr.com/2016/04/02/family-asks-for-volunteers-to-help-search-for-missing-henrico-father/

"Rob was a volunteer firefighter here,&#8221; Teresa Havey, Rob&#8217;s mother said. &#8220;His nickname was &#8216;Shadow&#8217; because he shadowed the chief here and the chief was out organizing the search today as well as the gentlemen that worked with Rob who knew him 20 years ago. So this is Rob&#8217;s second home. If we couldn&#8217;t find Rob we need to ride up here. This is a special place to all of us and I hope this is a special place that brings him back to us.&#8221;

Via the "Help Find Rob Havey" fb page:
"Tonight, the search for Edward Robert Havey III, has drawn to a close with the recovery of Rob and his vehicle. We&#8217;d like to thank everyone who has prayed, shared, and searched. You truly have made an impact for his family and they are ever grateful for the love you all have shown them in such dark days. Right now, they have asked for privacy and respect, as they grieve the loss of a husband, father, son, and brother. Obviously, there are a lot of questions and blanks to be filled. More information will be provided when it is appropriate."

Dear Lord...I am at a total loss for words....

=( My heart hurts. I keep typing but don't have the right words.

Via the "Help Find Rob Havey" fb page:
"Tonight, the search for Edward Robert Havey III, has drawn to a close with the recovery of Rob and his vehicle. We&#8217;d like to thank everyone who has prayed, shared, and searched. You truly have made an impact for his family and they are ever grateful for the love you all have shown them in such dark days. Right now, they have asked for privacy and respect, as they grieve the loss of a husband, father, son, and brother. Obviously, there are a lot of questions and blanks to be filled. More information will be provided when it is appropriate."

Dear Lord...I am at a total loss for words....

Here is the link to the post.

https://www.facebook.com/findrobhavey/posts/1551373731823351?fref=nf

I just read this on his search page how sad [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads