VA - Scott Fricker, 48, & Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, 43, slain, Reston, 22 Dec 2017 *daughter’s bf charged*

Gosh I have so much opinion about this case. It just angers me. From why at 19 he still gets to be treated as a juvenile and his identity kept private to how anyone who is saying their kid has had issues for years and was so concerned about him the night he murdered 2 people in cold blood in their own home, could leave a weapon and ammo accessible to him. I’m sorry but that would have been the first thing I did was make sure it was out of his ability to retrieve and use. Then I would have called 911 and had him committed. Which yes can occur at any time during the night. I also never would have ignored all the calls and warnings from the school, from the girlfriends mother, from neighbors.
It’s cases like this where parents don’t keep their weapons from their disturbed children that I believe the parents should absolutely be held accountable. I’m glad she at least admitted she blames herself. Because she should. This couple would still be alive if that gun was not in his home unsecured. JMHO
Yes, yes, and yes. SMH. They left the barn door wide open, and off he galloped. Oh, what a sad, sad story this one is.

Wow, that's great -- I didn't think that would ever happen. A hearing -- yay!!!
Thanks much for the post, @Momof4RN, you also are a No. 1 Sleuther!
Haha thanks! Only I haven’t figured out how to keep up with all the cases i’m Following at once. I get so caught up in one that I fall so far behind on the others. Lol

Haha thanks! Only I haven’t figured out how to keep up with all the cases i’m Following at once. I get so caught up in one that I fall so far behind on the others. Lol

You're not alone! Thanks so much for helping revive this one.

Agree, its unfathomable that a young man with such problems had easy access to guns. Such a horrible tragedy. In a sane world, those guns would be confiscated and the owners never allowed to own any again. JMO

From the article below

A Lorton man was certified to stand trial as an adult for allegedly shooting and killing his girlfriend’s parents as a 17-year-old in 2017
A Fairfax County juvenile court judge also ruled Tuesday there was enough evidence to send the double-murder case against Nicholas Giampa, 19, to a grand jury in the county’s circuit court.
The daughter, who is now 17, testified at Tuesday’s hearing about witnessing the shooting. Judge Kimberly J. Daniel excluded the media and public from the courtroom after prosecutors argued the publicity would be detrimental to her recovery after the incident.
Giampa’s attorneys did not offer a defense in court and declined to comment after the hearing.

Finally moving closer to justice for the Fricker and Kuhn families.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/va-teen-accused-of-killing-girlfriends-parents-to-be-tried-as-an-adult/2019/09/24/3e628fae-af13-11e9-a0c9-6d2d7818f3da_story.html?outputType=amp

From the article below

A Lorton man was certified to stand trial as an adult for allegedly shooting and killing his girlfriend’s parents as a 17-year-old in 2017
A Fairfax County juvenile court judge also ruled Tuesday there was enough evidence to send the double-murder case against Nicholas Giampa, 19, to a grand jury in the county’s circuit court.
The daughter, who is now 17, testified at Tuesday’s hearing about witnessing the shooting. Judge Kimberly J. Daniel excluded the media and public from the courtroom after prosecutors argued the publicity would be detrimental to her recovery after the incident.
Giampa’s attorneys did not offer a defense in court and declined to comment after the hearing.

Finally moving closer to justice for the Fricker and Kuhn families.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/va-teen-accused-of-killing-girlfriends-parents-to-be-tried-as-an-adult/2019/09/24/3e628fae-af13-11e9-a0c9-6d2d7818f3da_story.html?outputType=amp

Thank you very much! I assume it's now ok to use his name and discuss him openly, as is being done in the news media.

Nicholas Giampa, age 19.

Lorton Teen to Stand Trial as Adult in Killing of Reston Couple

Teen Accused Of Killing Reston Couple To Be Tried As Adult-Report

The alleged killer apparently came to the Fricker house armed to the teeth, as investigators found 10 cartridge cases, a knife, and a hammer at the scene, according to The Washington Post. Police believe the boy murdered the couple when they confronted him after he sneaked into their daughter's bedroom early that morning. There were blood stains on the walls and floors, as well as bullet fragments and holes in the office, ceiling, and hallway, according to search warrants.

Nicholas Giampa: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Photo of him from a few years ago

nick-e1515084346717.png

Here's a more accurate photo showing him using what is allegedly a Thompson submachine gun at a shooting range.

5a4d0bed2100003e005f6e85.png

We Found The Neo-Nazi Twitter Account Tied To A Virginia Double Homicide | HuffPost

Last edited:

Very scary. These people are so young to be holding such horrible, dangerous, violent beliefs. How do they become so warped and filled with hate so early in their lives? Are they growing up around adults who hold these beliefs, or is it stuff they share online with like minded others?

Very scary. These people are so young to be holding such horrible, dangerous, violent beliefs. How do they become so warped and filled with hate so early in their lives? Are they growing up around adults who hold these beliefs, or is it stuff they share online with like minded others?
Yes, scary, @Betty P, and it seems to be getting worse IMO.

I think your two ideas of "why" are both valid. Some kids are raised in it, probably going to meetings with parent/s and seeing, hearing and reading horrible propaganda, he-man or "you are superior" stuff, and learning to hate. Others may feel different from most of their school friends and perhaps bullied or embarrassed for their appearance, accent, lack of sports or academic participation, being a new student and being ignored, etc., so they seek something on the internet, etc. and find a group of kids who endorse this kind of thing.

They hear, read or see adults embracing such awful attitudes and feel like they have found something that makes them feel more important, and they feel like they fit in. And it just grows.

Yes, scary, @Betty P, and it seems to be getting worse IMO.

I think your two ideas of "why" are both valid. Some kids are raised in it, probably going to meetings with parent/s and seeing, hearing and reading horrible propaganda, he-man or "you are superior" stuff, and learning to hate. Others may feel different from most of their school friends and perhaps bullied or embarrassed for their appearance, accent, lack of sports or academic participation, being a new student and being ignored, etc., so they seek something on the internet, etc. and find a group of kids who endorse this kind of thing.

They hear, read or see adults embracing such awful attitudes and feel like they have found something that makes them feel more important, and they feel like they fit in. And it just grows.
It's sadly the internet. These groups target kids with propaganda and recruit them there. I'm assuming that this man hasn't gone to trial yet?

Wait, why does it say "son charged" in the title of the thread? Was the son charged?

Wait, why does it say "son charged" in the title of the thread? Was the son charged?

This is the title now showing for the article. He is (or was) a Neo-Nazi when he murdered Scott and Buckley Fricker. That's an established fact.

Murder Trial of Alleged Neo-Nazi Delayed Again in Virginia​

It's hard to find any information on this case online. I just checked about a month ago and couldn't find anything. From the linked article, it sounds like they're having pre-trial hearings. The case had been kept secret in the beginning because Nicholas Giampa was a juvenile. He's no longer a juvenile, so its ok for the media to use his real name.

Still, the judge in the case has ordered the overwhelming bulk of the court file sealed from the public. A July 8 order was made public in which the judge, Brett Kassabian, said he was granting a motion from Giampa's lawyers to suppress statements he made “based upon the Commonwealth not providing a knowing intelligent waiver of his Miranda Rights,” which guarantee his right to remain silent and his right to speak to an attorney before he speaks to police.
But Kassabian's order does not explain how officers failed to grant Giampa his rights. And prosecutors' arguments as to why they believe Giampa's statements were lawfully obtained are not public.

The motion is being appealed to the state Court of Appeals. There's a status hearing scheduled for Friday of this week. The motion and appeal is likely to delay the case another year, according to the article.

On Tuesday, in response to multiple calls and a hand-delivered letter from The Associated Press requesting reconsideration and clarification of his reasons for sealing the court file, his office said he would respond only to a formal court motion.

Another article

LDP7SVMKZNF3BJT37HV2D4LXHU.jpg

Fairfax County Circuit Court Judge Brett Kassabian said in court that his order won’t take effect for 10 days to give the defense and prosecution time to appeal. He was expected to issue a written ruling later.

New information.

Suicide pact may have fueled Virginia couple’s 2017 slaying​

Did I forget about this charge? From yr link:

In court papers, prosecutors say the Frickers forbade their daughter from dating Giampa after learning that he associated with neo-Nazis online, as well as the fact that he had been charged as a juvenile with possessing child *advertiser censored*.

I don't remember this one, but its pretty shocking, as if murdering his girlfriend's parents wasn't bad enough. This guy is trouble. How did he get twisted at such an early age?

Defense attorneys are also trying to bar prosecutors from telling a jury about Giampa’s online advocacy of neo-Nazi ideology, but prosecutors say the fact is important to understanding Giampa’s motives for shooting the parents.

“The evidence is clear that Defendant wanted to be with (the daughter) and evidence that the Frickers tried to keep them apart would establish a clear motive for the Defendant to want to kill them,” prosecutor Lyle Burnham wrote.

Last edited:
A judge previously ruled that Giampa's confession could not be allowed in court. The defense claims it was given to LE when Giampa was still recovering from his brain injury. Prosecution is trying to get that overruled. Either way, JMO, the prosecution still has a very strong case against Giampa. He brought a loaded gun into the home. When the Frickers knocked on the door to the daughter's bedroom, where Giampa was, he shot each parent in the head as soon as the door opened. It sounds like pre-meditation, JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back