VA VA - Sherry Lynn Quinn, 17, Woodbridge, 5 Sept 1980

Murkywaters

Reaction score
NCMC1417534c1.jpg
NCMC1417534x1.jpg

Have you seen this child? Sherry Quinn

Both photos shown are of Sherry. She was last seen on September 5, 1980. Sherry may have travelled out of state. She may go by the nickname Frizz.

Sherry Lynn Quinn – The Charley Project

quinn_sherry.jpg
quinn_sherry2.jpg

• Missing Since 09/05/1980
  • Missing From Woodbridge, Virginia
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 09/29/1962 (58)
  • Age 17 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 130 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Sherry's nickname is Frizz.
Details of Disappearance
Sherry was last seen in Woodbridge, Virginia on September 5, 1980. She has never been heard from again. She may have left the state after her disappearance. Few details are available in her case.

The two other images are possibly a picture of the Walker County Jane Doe in Texas, in 1980.

Do you think there is any resemblance?

Attachments

• wcjd.PNG
    wcjd.PNG
    79.4 KB · Views: 29
  • wcjd2.PNG
    wcjd2.PNG
    85.2 KB · Views: 33
  • SLQ.PNG
    SLQ.PNG
    60.6 KB · Views: 21
The two other images are possibly a picture of the Walker County Jane Doe in Texas, in 1980.

Do you think there is any resemblance?

I immediately thought this might be walker county Jane Doe it adds up accept the height and eye color doesn’t but those have been proven in other cases to be wrong.

I immediately thought this might be walker county Jane Doe it adds up accept the height and eye color doesn’t but those have been proven in other cases to be wrong.
Another site said Sherry had a previously fractured arm. WCJD doesn’t have any injuries like that reported.

I am wondering why she went missing from Woodbridge. Ancestry has trees which show her birth in Ithaca, New York and her parents dying in Hazel Crest, Illinois. The identification is confirmed by numerous factors;
  • full name
  • date of birth
  • appearance in both parents obituaries (as surviving) but as the only child for whom no location is given.
It is possible that the family lived in Woodbridge at the time but there may have been some other reason as neither obituary of the parents mentions any connection with Virginia. It is probably irrelevant but there is a small chance that it could point to other reasons for her disappearance.

Do you think there is any resemblance?[/QUOTE

Yes I think Sherry is a strong candidate for WCJD, the time and age are right, she looks very like the photo of the girl at the nearby motel, and a previous arm fracture would not rule her out I don't think as the post-mortem would only really look for cause of death (which was strangulation), I doubt a healed arm fracture would have been looked for or noted for by the pathologist. The focus would have been on her thorax and abdomen not her limbs in looking for cause of death. Her height is off only by a couple of inches and that may not have been measured very accurately.

I think Sherry Lynn Quinn is an excellent candidate for Walker County Jane Doe. She looks very like the photo taken at the motel nearby, same smile, same straight nose, same position of eyes nose and mouth. Hopefully we will find this out soon as Walker county Jane Doe has just been identified although they have not released her identity yet except to family.

Sherry Lynn Quinn – The Charley Project

quinn_sherry.jpg
quinn_sherry2.jpg

• Missing Since 09/05/1980
  • Missing From Woodbridge, Virginia
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 09/29/1962 (58)
  • Age 17 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 130 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Sherry's nickname is Frizz.
Details of Disappearance
Sherry was last seen in Woodbridge, Virginia on September 5, 1980. She has never been heard from again. She may have left the state after her disappearance. Few details are available in her case.
Happy Birthday to Sherry wherever you may be.

I think Sherry Lynn Quinn is an excellent candidate for Walker County Jane Doe. She looks very like the photo taken at the motel nearby, same smile, same straight nose, same position of eyes nose and mouth. Hopefully we will find this out soon as Walker county Jane Doe has just been identified although they have not released her identity yet except to family.

From what I read, Walker County Jane does was reported missing in the town she went missing in, but never made it to any National Databases.

I believe Sherry Lynn has a daughter. I think this makes her a rule out for Walker County Jane Doe. I do see a resemblance to "Cathy." It is interesting Cathy had the story of visiting a friend in prison. I also believe she was staying with two adults who were not her parents. This was all before the internet but I wonder if girls were being manipulated by people hiding who they really were.

I believe Sherry Lynn has a daughter. I think this makes her a rule out for Walker County Jane Doe. I do see a resemblance to "Cathy." It is interesting Cathy had the story of visiting a friend in prison. I also believe she was staying with two adults who were not her parents. This was all before the internet but I wonder if girls were being manipulated by people hiding who they really were.

Some parts of that get a little convoluted, and eye witness accounts are insanely unreliable. Was "Cathy" the one with the prison story? Or was it both? If so, knowing the identity of WCJD, This leaves us with a few options:

1. "Cathy" was the only girl visiting the prison unit.
2. Both girls were visiting the prison unit for some reason.
3. Only one of the girls was visiting the prison unit but the information became a little clouded after relaying from eye witlessness.

I think its incredibly interesting they are both named Sherry.

No wonder some of thought Sherry Quinn was Walker County Jane Doe her and Sherri Jarvis just wow the resemblance they could be sisters.

Attachments

• 229AFEBB-CA5C-4B23-A8B7-5E29441DC371.jpeg
    229AFEBB-CA5C-4B23-A8B7-5E29441DC371.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 7D5DAF91-9F50-43D4-A9EC-FB0BFAA80649.jpeg
    7D5DAF91-9F50-43D4-A9EC-FB0BFAA80649.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 9
Fort Lauderdale Jane doe's post-mortem photograph strongly resembles Sherry Lynn Quinn to me. Not quite as much with the composites and reconstructions. There are a lot of similarities. Any thoughts? I would post the post-mortem photo here but I don't know if that would be too graphic.

Fort Lauderdale Jane doe's post-mortem photograph strongly resembles Sherry Lynn Quinn to me. Not quite as much with the composites and reconstructions. There are a lot of similarities. Any thoughts? I would post the post-mortem photo here but I don't know if that would be too graphic.

Your talking about this one correct? Donna (1982)

Some parts of that get a little convoluted, and eye witness accounts are insanely unreliable. Was "Cathy" the one with the prison story? Or was it both? If so, knowing the identity of WCJD, This leaves us with a few options:

1. "Cathy" was the only girl visiting the prison unit.
2. Both girls were visiting the prison unit for some reason.
3. Only one of the girls was visiting the prison unit but the information became a little clouded after relaying from eye witlessness.

I think its incredibly interesting they are both named Sherry.
It is interesting but I don't think Sherry would be the "Cathy" from the motel. It is possible if the brother and sister stayed at the motel very late summer such as Labor Day or after. Sherry went missing in August 1980. There could be two, three or more girls with the same story. I do know Sherry had a baby. She also looks different in various pictures depending on her hair. Motel Kathy's hair was wet after a swim in pool.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back