GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that gives me hope is that maybe he is infatuated enough with Brittany not to really harm her. However, at some point, he may realize that she is more noticeable in public than he is alone - and realize that he can't hide forever, he's murdered Tina, and what a story Brittany has to tell - and that's when I get worried for Brittany's life. :(

Starting to wonder if more than one person was involved in this since there were two vehicles missing; i.e. JE's and the mom's TS. I certainly don't think this 12-year-old drove away in her mother's car.

Having the two vehicles involved has me confused. It's odd. Is there a slim chance all three were victims here? I can't figure the scenario(s) with two cars...and the reasoning. Brittany could have driven of the cars tho. I could drive @ 12...taught by my father.

I'm not sure if it is another Daughter or just a person winding up the FB page or looking for attention.

creep.jpg

This is about as big as I could get it without getting too blurry.

I looked at TS's sons obit and a sister by that name was not listed. May be a friend or someone playing a nasty trick.

She posted twice to the brother's memorial page. One in July and then again in September. Just basically that she missed him and loved Brittany. (ily)

ETA: Another post by different poster states that she just read (14 hr ago) that Tina was beaten to death and Britt was missing.

Maybe Brittany was going to have a baby. Mom found out, went into a rage at J, a fight started, he got enraged and killed mom sort of by accident in the knock down drag out fight.

I dont understand the need to move the red car, unless this whole thing was pre planned to make it look at though mom was not home.

12 yr old girls are not the 12 yr old girls of yester-year. When I was 12, I had never heard of eye liner, I was a child. 12 yr olds today are children in adult looking bodies. She may very well not know of her mothers death, he could keep her away from news with no radio, tv, etc access.

By today, they could very well be out of money, and things dont look so rosey to her. I pray she runs. Fun and excitment is all over and she wants to go home. Very dangerous situation if this is true.

Do we have a prayer group here? I am in a prayer group that is all around the world and set by Greenwich GMt. for me is 7p. I dont feel this child is dead. jmo.

After reading through this thread it seems this 12 year old girl was living way above reality. I have seen this happen, perhpas the attention and romance of this forbidden relationship was trully blinding this child to reality.

It looks to me that this man was the boyfriend of her mother and that eventually this mother and daughter relationship turned into a competition - somewhere it started to go badly - maybe mom saw her change her name on FB and that is why Brittany said she "messed" up - because now mom was getting suspicious.

I can almost see this getting really bad with a 12 year old who thinks she is sexy and mature and better than her mother - becoming violent when her mother confronts her - maybe Brittany killed her mother and then drove the car to Jeff - he then fled with brittany.

But perhaps when Jeff tries to get physical with Brittany - the REALITY will finally set in and Brittany may realize he is just a fat old guy and it will get dangerous. Because he will not take well to this.

I pray that she at least is safe.

It may also be as frightening as Tina finding them both in bed and Jeff losing control when told to leave the house - he kills Tina and then the REALITY sets in and Brittany is taken by force.

I think however this went down - she is a CHILD and he is a criminal.

At 12 I remember being this way - super romantic - I had a crush on a 25 year old guy - would do anything fo rhis attention and then he kissed me and I felt absolutely AFRAID - so afraid of him after that. I only liked the attention and I didn't realize he was an ADULT MAN and that HIS FANTASIES were NOT about holding my hand and sharing a pizza. His were sexual and that scared me to death when I realized it.

So Brittany may have realized her mistake.

I hope they find her soon. IMO

Someone is posting on FB saying you can see all the private pages with an iPhone...? Anyone here have one and can check?

The same person is saying HCB may be handcuff buddy...

I have an IPhone and could read all of the status updates with comments on all pages, under "Stream."

I read through last night and it made me sick. It was bizarre. Brittany updated her status every day, sometimes twice or three times in one day. A lot of "ily (hbc)" back and forth from her to him. And a lot of "ily" back and forth from the mother and him. :waitasec: Mom alluded to the fact a few times that she felt left out.

IMO, totally my opinion only, I think that mom was snowed for a while and thought the relationship was like a father/daughter. I don't think it was. I think she found out it was something else... either walked in on something or saw something... was told something... or like orb said, maybe she was pregnant...Mom was looking at her daughters statuses constantly because she replied often. They look hinky to us now knowing what happened but they could have been explained away to mom?

This is just awful. Poor mom. :(

This little girl is just 12 years old. 12!

www.wdbj7.com will be running a live stream during a 12:00 press conference regarding this story

Then September 24th BS is complaining about how she hates drama...TS replies with something to the effect if you don't like it don't start it and how she's 'tired of playing 2nd fiddle'....

hmmmmm this just doesn't sound good

I haven't seen the comment, but could it have meant she was tired of being 2nd to JE, to BS?

I just can't imagine having a conversation like that with my child. Actually, I can't imagine posting my personal problems on a social site either.

ETA: I don't think I stated that very well. I was meaning that perhaps Brittany was preferring JE over her Mother.

I can't imagine how Tina must have felt when suddenly she realized her little girl was in a romantic relationship with the man SHE herself was sleeping with and who she brought into her HOUSE.

I bet it did get violent. I am just hoping Brittany was shocked by it all and did not play a role.

I haven't seen the comment, but could it have meant she was tired of being 2nd to JE, to BS?

I just can't imagine having a conversation like that with my child. Actually, I can't imagine posting my personal problems on a social site either.

ETA: I don't think I stated that very well. I was meaning that perhaps Brittany was preferring JE over her Mother.

Maybe she meant she wanted her daughter to put her first instead of her friends or him - perhaps it had nothing to do with the creep.

I often tell my son who is 17 that his friends should not be first and his family is more important.

Just a thought - maybe Tina was not jealous of her daughter, but instead worried and wanting her daughter to respect her.

MO

I have an IPhone and could read all of the status updates with comments on all pages, under "Stream."

I read through last night and it made me sick. It was bizarre. Brittany updated her status every day, sometimes twice or three times in one day. A lot of "ily (hbc)" back and forth from her to him. And a lot of "ily" back and forth from the mother and him. :waitasec: Mom alluded to the fact a few times that she felt left out.

IMO, totally my opinion only, I think that mom was snowed for a while and thought the relationship was like a father/daughter. I don't think it was. I think she found out it was something else... either walked in on something or saw something... was told something... or like orb said, maybe she was pregnant...Mom was looking at her daughters statuses constantly because she replied often. They look hinky to us now knowing what happened but they could have been explained away to mom?

This is just awful. Poor mom. :(

This little girl is just 12 years old. 12!

I agree that mom thought it was father/daughter for a little while. She may have changed her name to reflect being his "daughter" when he "married" her mother.

My daughter just turned 13, she doesn't wear make-up unless we have a silly girls make-over night on a weekend or something. I'd blow a gasket if she had a pic like that on her FB! Her dad would probably take her phone/computer away til she turned 18. But, with that said my daughter is kind of immature for her age and gets along better playing with her 8 yr old sister than relating to the tweens & teens at the middle school. I have no problem with that, I prefer she stay innocent as long as possible, the world is a sick place sometimes and really as a parent you have to watch everything and KNOW what your kids are doing 24/7.

I hope this little girl is found alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member