GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks TM, you did a much better job at posting this breaking news. I was so nervous I could not hit many correct keys on my computer. This incidentally is where my friend who just emailed me about the ambert alerts airing 3 times lives, West Palm Beach.

There was a Break News Alert on WDBJ while I was sitting here reading on WS and I was so shocked. Sure hope BS is safe though, IF this is indeed Easley in that bathroom.

Correction: More nervous than I thought. My friend is in West Palm City. Not sure the distance to West Palm Beach (not that this matters one iota in the scheme of things though)

Oh my! I just finished my post and saw the news!!! Prayers for Brittany!!!!!

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is reporting that the Amber Alert suspect from Virginia is believed to be holed up in a gas station restroom on Okeechobee Boulevard near the Florida Turnpike in West Palm Beach.

Read more: http://www.cbs12.com/articles/brittany-4729987-police-believe.html#ixzz17dAdPJMf

I'm watching it now. What happened???? HThe guy is laying on ground and doesnt seem to be moving. Did you see a girl with him at all in the livestream?

Is there a link to a live stream?

I agree with you. I think he purchased the tent while he had the chance/before the news got out, but I don't think he had any intention of using it until he really needed to. I think he booked it as far south as he could as fast as he could. They left Walmart around 8 PM, right? He probably drove all night while Brittany slept in the car.

Had he intended on hard-core camping in the cold, he would have purchased much more stuff, including sweaters, blankets, food and some type of heat source, water, etc. He might not have realized how cold it would be in FL or AL, so he was probably kicking himself for not buying more stuff at Walmart while he had the chance, but I think his plan all along was just to book it south, change their appearance, and figure out what to do from there.

Just a thought if this was a planned trip (murder) by him, he may have already had sleeping bags and supplies in the car ready to go for a while.

Is there a link to a live stream?

Yes, I was watching the livestream here. When I opened up the livestream, a guy was lying on the ground not moving, and dozens of police were there putting crime tape up and about to put the guy on a stretcher. Then, when they were baout to put him on a stretcher, the llivestreaming stopped, now its back on.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/livestreaming/

so it's not him. Some other guy that did drugs in the bathroom. Darn.

Good for the Shell employee. Not the right guy, but whoever it was probably had their life saved by a conscientious employee.

Local Breaking News here said that he shot himself and is dead...but no sign of the girl.

They SWAT blew the door in on this homeless man doing Drugs in the bathroom, that may scare him straight...

LE did a brief presser - NO, it's not him. False alarm.

Florida police are definitely on top of things. I almost hope that is where they are with all the flyers and news and people on the lookout. Hope this is the day that JS makes a mistake and they nab him and BS is found safe and sound.

West Palm Beach PD reporting now it is NOT him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bessie22