GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post – hope I do this right.
Hi all! I’ve been an avid lurker on this evolving case. Thanks for all of your insights and a few here have already touched upon parts of the following.
[note: I’m using AMc for Adam McE to distinguish from AM for Apple Mkt]
Warning - Pure speculation alert (sorry in advance … lots of ASSUMPTIONS, IFs and MAYBEs!):
ASSUMING JE knew of AMc’s criminal reputation, WHAT IF JE set-up AMc to look like the perp of a home invasion/robbery/murder? MAYBE JE convinced AMc to help him move his possessions out of TS’ house on Fri eve - so that there would be some of AMc’s DNA in TS’ home. [I’m assuming TS already dead or incapacitated and hidden by time of Wal-Mart excursion.] And MAYBE the meeting at AM (a place JE knew well and knew about all the cameras) was to get AMc on camera and near the scene of the crime. And, MAYBE the agreed upon exchange for the SUV/electronics included some cash AND the purple car. And MAYBE later JE abandoned the purple car as a beacon to alert LE to AMc. [HOWEVER, the fact that AMc and JM hid the encounter with JE at AM from LE is perplexing if they were totally innocent. AMc APPEARS to be guilty of something (drug sale/use in the deal?) he was trying to hide. JM may or may not have been fully informed.]
If this set-up concept is correct, how is the second guy that LE is now mentioning involved?

First post – hope I do this right.
Hi all! I’ve been an avid lurker on this evolving case. Thanks for all of your insights and a few here have already touched upon parts of the following.
[note: I’m using AMc for Adam McE to distinguish from AM for Apple Mkt]
Warning - Pure speculation alert (sorry in advance … lots of ASSUMPTIONS, IFs and MAYBEs!):
ASSUMING JE knew of AMc’s criminal reputation, WHAT IF JE set-up AMc to look like the perp of a home invasion/robbery/murder? MAYBE JE convinced AMc to help him move his possessions out of TS’ house on Fri eve - so that there would be some of AMc’s DNA in TS’ home. [I’m assuming TS already dead or incapacitated and hidden by time of Wal-Mart excursion.] And MAYBE the meeting at AM (a place JE knew well and knew about all the cameras) was to get AMc on camera and near the scene of the crime. And, MAYBE the agreed upon exchange for the SUV/electronics included some cash AND the purple car. And MAYBE later JE abandoned the purple car as a beacon to alert LE to AMc. [HOWEVER, the fact that AMc and JM hid the encounter with JE at AM from LE is perplexing if they were totally innocent. AMc APPEARS to be guilty of something (drug sale/use in the deal?) he was trying to hide. JM may or may not have been fully informed.]
If this set-up concept is correct, how is the second guy that LE is now mentioning involved?

Welcome, good first post and assumptions

Welcome, Quester! And I think your scenario is very very possible...

I meant to leave the link to the video that I think is the only one that shows JE and the other guys leaving the pump and the SUV coming around the pumps at the end....

http://articles.wdbj7.com/2010-12-13/easley-and-smith_25190023

Apologies for quoting myself...zoomed on this video and can see BS after she got out of the red suv. She comes around the back of the car. The video jumps from or skips frames. Between the far left pump and the white pole you can see her as she comes around the back then behind the pump and to the left of the pump. The frames jump and when the two men are walking toward the store BS is not visable.

...(snipped)...[HOWEVER, the fact that AMc and JM hid the encounter with JE at AM from LE is perplexing if they were totally innocent. AMc APPEARS to be guilty of something (drug sale/use in the deal?) he was trying to hide. JM may or may not have been fully informed.]

Now I do think that is possible... that AMc was doing something illegal in the camera or with the meeting of JE - but didn't know about the murder of TS.

I'm on the fence about AMc's possible involvement: seems mighty stupid to keep the red Blazer if you know it will be connected to the murder/abduction. HOWEVER, LE was quick to say that AMc may have assisted JE in the murder of TS after BS was found and questioned... Maybe there was a 2nd person but BS may not know who it was - who was actually in the house? AMc or this other person of interest that LE keeps mentioning?

Welcome Quester!! I believe there is a third person, who we do not yet have a name for that was driving the purple car when it pulled up at the gas pump. AMc comes out and joins JE from the passenger side of the purple car. When you watch them leaving, JE is speaking with someone at the purple car that gets back into the driver's side of that purple car. Plus, haven't we heard in media this morning that a third 'man' picked JE and BS up after they sold the red SUV??? This may or may not have been the same person that was driving the purple car at the Apple Market.

Tina Louise Dyer Smith
Born: November 9, 1969
Death: December 3, 2010
Place of Death: Her home
Organizations: Ash Avenue Baptist Church in South Boston, VA and a US Army Veteran
----
Memorial Service
Monday December 18, , 11:00 AM at Ash Avenue Baptist Church
Click for Map and Directions

The Rev. John Eure will conduct the service.

Burial
Saturday December 18, 2010 at Halifax Memorial Gardens
Click for Map and Directions
------------
http://www.powellfunerals.com/sitemaker/sites/Powell1/obit.cgi?user=287867Smith

...(snipped)...Now I do think that is possible... that AMc was doing something illegal in the camera or with the meeting of JE - but didn't know about the murder of TS.

I'm on the fence about AMc's possible involvement: seems mighty stupid to keep the red Blazer if you know it will be connected to the murder/abduction. HOWEVER, LE was quick to say that AMc may have assisted JE in the murder of TS after BS was found and questioned... Maybe there was a 2nd person but BS may not know who it was - who was actually in the house? AMc or this other person of interest that LE keeps mentioning?

BBM
I agree, I don't think AMc knew about or was informed of her murder until LE recovered the SUV.

Maybe LE is publicly stating AMc's possible assistance in TS' murder to put pressure on AMc for his cooperation on this case and on others??? IIRC, in the search warrant it was stated that LE had had multiple interactions with AMc in the previous few months - what other criminal behavior had he been up to?

Welcome Quester!! I believe there is a third person, who we do not yet have a name for that was driving the purple car when it pulled up at the gas pump. AMc comes out and joins JE from the passenger side of the purple car. When you watch them leaving, JE is speaking with someone at the purple car that gets back into the driver's side of that purple car. Plus, haven't we heard in media this morning that a third 'man' picked JE and BS up after they sold the red SUV??? This may or may not have been the same person that was driving the purple car at the Apple Market.

BBM:

Your referenced "third person" = my referenced "second guy".

Wasn't it JM who was driving the purple car when at AM?

Yes - that third person (second guy) is who we're waiting to hear more about his involvement.

BBM
I agree, I don't think AMc knew about or was informed of her murder until LE recovered the SUV.

Maybe LE is publicly stating AMc's possible assistance in TS' murder to put pressure on AMc for his cooperation on this case and on others??? IIRC, in the search warrant it was stated that LE had had multiple interactions with AMc in the previous few months - what other criminal behavior had he been up to?

Go to this link and select 'Roanoke City Circuit' from the drop-down menu, click "Begin" then search for the last name "McElvy".

http://wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/circuit.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7ay6FkGfCQ&feature=related
if you go to the link above a post is made by someone named bbygirl20100 and it was 10 months ago saying she loved tyler and that she misses him and that the photo of him and brittany should not be on there.. that brittany broke his heart and put him through hell?? Wow I wonder what went on for little sister to make your life like hell and for the person saying she should not be in the photos with him?

nevermind i think he had a girlfriend once named brittany also??

Here is a picture that I have tried to label from the end of the video at this link. In the first one, JE is speaking with two people from the purple car. They purple car people are both behind the pumps and you can't see them (-00:40). The next picture is right after JE walks away. First you see the driver of the car appear from behind the gas pump, and then he/she gets into the car (-00:35) - then also from behind the pump, AMc walks around the back of the car to go get in the passenger seat. (-00:33).

http://articles.wdbj7.com/2010-12-13/easley-and-smith_25190023

Attachments

• JE Speaking with Purple Car People at end of AM Video.bmp
    977.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Purple Car Driver at Front of Car and AMc at Rear of Car after JE walks away.bmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
if you go to the link above a post is made by someone named bbygirl20100 and it was 10 months ago saying she loved tyler and that she misses him and that the photo of him and brittany should not be on there.. that brittany broke his heart and put him through hell?? Wow I wonder what went on for little sister to make your life like hell and for the person saying she should not be in the photos with him?

I read some of the MS/FB comments/streams, and I think that there is another Brittany they are talking about. Seems like there is a Brittany with another last name - I can't recall, though - I read sooo much of that stuff...

I know I'm from VA and got married 2 years ago.. I never had to show an ID just had to give my soc and dob.. so I doubt the ID was for that unless other states you have to show some type of ID???

You have to show a picture ID in Florida, or we did in 2004 and proof of divorce if recently divorced.

This is PURE speculation... But what if JE had been been doing drugs with BS? This would explane her feeling like crap on Friday (withdrawls after her mom made him leave Thursday... No more drugs.) Plus JE's nervousness in the AM, I believe there was 50 minutes or so in between WM & the AM... Plenty of time to meet up with AMc, get some drugs and do some. I believe I read from a local (correct me if I'm wrong!!) that AMc is involved with drug people in the area, he could have given drugs to JE for partal payment of the SUV (Could be why they didn't have a lot of money once they got to SF) Say $1,000 worth of dope and $500 cash. Also would go along with what LE is saying about horrible things happening to BS... Getting a 12 year old addicted to drugs is VERY horrible. I personally have never experienced withdrawls, but I could only imagine...

All, MOO & speculation of course!

You have to show a picture ID in Florida, or we did in 2004 and proof of divorce if recently divorced.

Wow I have been married twice in VA and they never took an ID from me or the groom.. once when I was 16 year old. my parent was with me all I needed was my soc sec..really nothing else... maybe it was my small town??

But why would they just leave the body of TS in the house knowing she would be found soon? You would htink they would have tried to dump her body some place (sorry it sounds harsh, but just thinking). I think maybe he/they did not mean to kill her but in a fit of rage at having to leave it turned to that. But you really never know how a pervert thinks when he has his mind set on a child.

BS will suffer from PTSD for years I am sure especially if she was sexually assaulted. I did and still do at times.

This is all pure speculation on my part:

I kind of have the feeling that TS wasn't dead when they left. I think that he probably beat her up really bad and possibly locked her in a room or tied her up or something, let AM take what he wanted, and then they left. If it happened that way, I think AM knew what happened but I don't think TS ever saw AM so there was no way he could get caught and could act like he just bought the Blazer from JE.

I really don't know what to think about where BS was when this was happening. I honestly can't see a girl who seemed to love her mom just stand back and let someone kill her mom, unless she was being threatened too. I can see him picking her up somewhere after all of this went down and saying something like, "I tried to smooth things over with your mom but she said she's sending you to live with your dad" and then convinced her to go with him instead. He probably said to TS something like, "good luck trying to find us because by the time someone finds you here, we'll be long gone." I think TS later died of injuries sustained from being beat up.

In Iowa for marriage, you have to show a birth certificate and ID, and also if you were previously married at any time, you have to either show a divorce decree or death certificate for the other spouse.

From what I could tell, it sounds like WTM had an ex named Brittanie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74