Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many initials for so many important people's names that I have a hard time remembering and placing them all.
For newcomers it really spoils their WS experience.
Is there a reference list anywhere that us longer term members can add to?
I know when I started reading WS it was a real frustration.
I saw one a week or more ago that I am still trying to place, who is DS?

There are so many initials for so many important people's names that I have a hard time remembering and placing them all.

Have to think about DS! We all know who DM, MS & CN are. Lets start with the players on DM's side- AM: friend-Andrew M, MH: friend-Matt H, MB: mom, LW1: Lisa Williams- Millardair's book keeper, LW 2: Lisa Williams the real estate agent with benefits, SS: Shane S: the mechanic, RB: Vet uncle, MWJ: Big Isho aka Matthew Ward Jackson, AJ: mature co-op student at Millardair aka crimestoppers caller aka SS's father in law.

On the MS side there's: MM: Marlena M- MS's GF, BD: Brandon D: MS's friend. TD- Thomas Dungey- MS's lawyer

Once you have the story line down pat, it's easy to connect the initials to the names. There are some secondary players- maybe some other sleuthers can fill them in.

DP, Paradkar, DM's 1st lawyer; NS (Sachack) and RP (Pillay), the second set. IT, Turmenenko, the guy from the 1st test drive.

TB's family, SB Sharlene, WDB De Boyer the tenant.

MK, Kavanaugh, lead investigator.

AS. Artur, MS's much maligned graffiti buddy with a scary Russian momma

EM, Marlena's sister who testified

DM testifying at CN's trial...mmmmm...wonder what side of the psychopath will show up? IMO, DM doesn't need CN anymore. She can't provide him with any favours- she got him into even a bigger mess with the letters; she wasn't able to get incriminating testimony changed- what good would it be for him to try to bail her out? I'm thinking DM may be CN's worse nightmare. MOO

maybe. Unless he thinks he'll need her should he ever get an appeal.

maybe. Unless he thinks he'll need her should he ever get an appeal.
Or perhaps he'd rather see her behind bars than going to any BJ games without him? Heck, maybe DM may even produce some letters from CN that his courier Mommy Bunny magically finds?? Wouldn't that be a corker!! lol

Or perhaps he'd rather see her behind bars than going to any BJ games without him? Heck, maybe DM may even produce some letters from CN that his courier Mommy Bunny magically finds?? Wouldn't that be a corker!! lol

Naw, CN did a good job for him on the stand - I don't think he would take her down for spite. She's one of his few loyal followers, IMO. He grew that Padawan braid for her.

DP, Paradkar, DM's 1st lawyer; NS (Sachack) and RP (Pillay), the second set. IT, Turmenenko, the guy from the 1st test drive.

TB's family, SB Sharlene, WDB De Boyer the tenant.

MK, Kavanaugh, lead investigator.

AS. Artur, MS's much maligned graffiti buddy with a scary Russian momma

EM, Marlena's sister who testified
Speaking of DP- I wonder what he's up to these days? Sourcing petrified wood products?

Have to think about DS! We all know who DM, MS & CN are. Lets start with the players on DM's side- AM: friend-Andrew M, MH: friend-Matt H, MB: mom, LW1: Lisa Williams- Millardair's book keeper, LW 2: Lisa Williams the real estate agent with benefits, SS: Shane S: the mechanic, RB: Vet uncle, MWJ: Big Isho aka Matthew Ward Jackson, AJ: mature co-op student at Millardair aka crimestoppers caller aka SS's father in law.

LW2 is Lisa Whidden. Real estate agent with benefits

Naw, CN did a good job for him on the stand - I don't think he would take her down for spite. She's one of his few loyal followers, IMO. He grew that Padawan braid for her.
And she wore the red shoes for him? You think that's what was going down? I tend to think DM doesn't tolerate insubordination well and CN kept the letters- IMO, that would be problematic for DM. I tend to think that CN is looking out for CN right now and being associated with a convicted murderer isn't going to advance her path towards success one bit. I bet she's already cut bait- but then again, I figured that JS had cut the bate, but it was pretty clear she was still in there nice and close. Should be interesting when it's a toss up between freedom or time for CN.

And she wore the red shoes for him? You think that's what was going down? I tend to think DM doesn't tolerate insubordination well and CN kept the letters- IMO, that would be problematic for DM. I tend to think that CN is looking out for CN right now and being associated with a convicted murderer isn't going to advance her path towards success one bit. I bet she's already cut bait- but then again, I figured that JS had cut the bate, but it was pretty clear she was still in there nice and close. Should be interesting when it's a toss up between freedom or time for CN.
How was JS in there nice and close? Because of the text she sent him that was released of her selfie? Oh and the snuggle comment. Which to me is odd since she was on her way to Bermuda around that time

I can't recall which post it was Oreck, but I remember scratching my head at the time, and came to the conclusion that the poster had meant to type MS.

Not really sure what the reasoning behind the "initial game" is, but I agree, it does sour the WS experience. Sure, if you follow a case like this from the beginning its manageable, but try following a thread midway through that you are not familiar with. It's impossible. I find myself having to go to other sites to read up on the cases before I can even begin to tackle threads here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really sure what the reasoning behind the "initial game" is, but I agree, it does sour the WS experience. Sure, if you follow a case like this from the beginning its manageable, but try following a thread midway through that you are not familiar with. It's impossible. I find myself having to go to other sites to read up on the cases before I can even begin to tackle threads here.

I thought the same thing when I joined, but after I saw the length of the threads and the popularity of this site on search engines, I realized that if the full names were used there could be liability issues. i.e.) if a person of interest or someone related to a suspect or victim was named in full, by the shear size of the WS threads, whenever someone googled that persons name the WS thread could appear for the first 20 pages and that could cause harm to an innocent person or cause a breach of a pub ban on a no contact list etc. Journalist published in MSM must take great care in reporting and that's why WS only allows you to link to MSM articles.

Even though it can appear to be frustrating at first, IMHO, it is important to know who the players are when you jump into threads like WS or the various Facebook crime pages because even though these crimes are fascinating the accused do have the right to a fair trial and the victims have a right not to be further victimized; anything that could potentially cause a mistrial, grounds for a change of venue or harm to innocent victims should be avoided at all costs. Using initials when referring to people assists in doing that. MOO

Abro, do you feel the book will adequately cover the whole story with the publication ban still in place, or do you anticipate further volumes after the other trials are concluded? Just curious.. can't wait to read this.

Hi Abro, I think some of us are also curious as to what portion of the proceeds of the book are going to SB or to Tim's fund? I know we all want to help! Thanks in advance.

Hi Abro, I think some of us are also curious as to what portion of the proceeds of the book are going to SB or to Tim's fund? I know we all want to help! Thanks in advance.
I'm not ABro and this isn't addressed to me, but IMHO, it's unreasonable to expect a professional journalist to donate a certain amount of proceeds from anything they publish. IMHO, the work of writers is important- just as important as it is for them to be able to earn a living to continue to live and do their craft. Personally, I don't think many journalists become millionaires by publishing a single true crime book. I would imagine that most of the journalist who covered this case have a special place in their heart to the Bosma family and would freely support the charities that benefit them. Some of the journalists who covered this case were paid a salary by their employer and some worked as freelancers. AFAIK, AB is a freelancer and is certainly entitled to receive full renumeration from the sale of her book. It's totally up to her and really none of our business if she decides to contribute to the victims family. MOO

Over the years I've seen a few people jump up and down screaming that a journalist is benefiting at the expense of the victims, but in actuality, they're just doing their jobs; they're "true crime reporters"- guilting them into donating a portion of their income isn't fair. It's a totally different story when the convicted murderer decides to write their memoirs. MOO

And for the record, I'm not curious at all. I believe that AB will be providing us with the most comprehensive coverage on the case- she's been glued to it right from the start and IMO, a very talented writer. I will be buying the book and probably a few extra as gifts for my "true crime" book loving friends!

You want to buy the book only if ABro donates to charity? Why not just donate to Tim's Tribute if you want to help?

https://timstribute.ca/support/donate

I have contributed already, if you must know, and I never said I was buying the book at all, let alone only buying it because I expected half of the money to go to the victims.

I thought that I had heard somewhere that she was giving 50% of the proceeds to charity, and I found that admirable, but perhaps a high number, so I am curious as to what the actual amount will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname