Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seaenn (CN) is still on Instagram and it is public.

Thank you, I was spelling it wrong, so that's why I missed it. The posts to it I've seen seemed pretty innocuous, though. Whether she's tuned it down in response to firm suggestions, we can't say. I tend to agree with the person who opined that she's kind of a loose cannon who doesn't heed anybody's advice.

Am thinking that the stay of proceedings in this matter was related to freezing DM’s assets?

Azeff and De Caria are the two lawyers representing the applicant MB. You can check out their bios here under the link to “Lawyers” at the bottom of the Fogler Rubinoff page.

That's how I read that too. And it was only for a portion of it equal to the amount of the debt owing to MB and to be used only for the legal fees.

So I guess that would leave nothing to pay for CN's legal fees, not that I ever expected him to have lots of cash laying around to pay everyone else's lawyers for them.

JMO, but I think it would be rare for a Judge not to allow someone a portion of their assets to provide themselves with a defense against a murder charge anyway.

Thank you, I was spelling it wrong, so that's why I missed it. The posts to it I've seen seemed pretty innocuous, though. Whether she's tuned it down in response to firm suggestions, we can't say. I tend to agree with the person who opined that she's kind of a loose cannon who doesn't heed anybody's advice.

Her posts look the same as ever to me. I'd just like to know how she's making all these photography trips while on house arrest with an ankle bracelet and only allowed to go outside her home for work or school.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-slaying-christina-noudga-smiles-as-she-s-released-on-100k-bail-1.2731080

Her trial is judge only so she won't need to change her manner for a jury.

She won't even have to speak unless she chooses to do so. No one in this trial will have the pleasure of witnessing her verbal attitude I suspect. Her biggest quest will be trying to keep her composure and not being animated like DM was. I actually half expect her to have an attitude of "this is all a major inconvenience to me".."can we just get this over with". She is a special girl!

Her posts look the same as ever to me. I'd just like to know how she's making all these photography trips while on house arrest with an ankle bracelet and only allowed to go outside her home for work or school.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-slaying-christina-noudga-smiles-as-she-s-released-on-100k-bail-1.2731080

Could not agree more with your question. I asked the same question immediately after the trial ended and her bracelets never appeared on again. Those were not put on to assure her appearance in TB's trial. They were there as a condition of her bail and to be on until her trial in November (or longer if her trial is remanded). Her bail should be revoked. Someone needs to answer for this in my opinion.

Could not agree more with your question. I asked the same question immediately after the trial ended and her bracelets never appeared on again. Those were not put on to assure her appearance in TB's trial. They were there as a condition of her bail and to be on until her trial in November (or longer if her trial is remanded). Her bail should be revoked. Someone needs to answer for this in my opinion.

I tried looking up how to report a bail violation, but can only find that it is monitored by a bail officer. Any insight, anyone?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...iles-as-she-s-released-on-100k-bail-1.2731080

I want to know this too. Is it possible the conditions of her bail changed? None of the music festivals she's attended qualify as school or work and I highly doubt that her mom or dad are going with her.

Her posting pictures doesn't necessary mean she went on "photography trips" does it? Maybe she is reposting other people's photo's? Maybe she is posting older photos pre-ankle-bracelet days?

Not to be taken as gospel but someone on Instagram asked her about her ankle bracelet and house arrest and she responded no?

Brian Greenspan has an outstanding reputation (among judges and fellow lawyers, not simply with the public), and has no need to boost his profile or seek out clients.

While the cases where he defends fairly ordinary middle class people don't make the headlines, he does take on such cases, on a different fee schedule than that reserved for the Muzzo and Bieber cases. (One example where he did an exemplary job exposing police incompetence and tunnel vision was his defense of Steve Murray in Goderich, charged with (and acquitted of) the murder of his daughter Mistie).

As for winnable -- no, he doesn't take on exclusively "winnable" cases. You need look no farther than into the recent Muzzo case. That was absolutely unwinnable from the get-go. What Greenspan could do, and did, was damage control. He engineered the guilty plea and public expressions of remorse by his client (which could well have been absolutely genuine; I have no reason to suppose they weren't -- but they were also good PR).

These moves likely shortened the sentence his client received, but also laid the groundwork for a positive view by the parole board in the future.

I don't for a nanosecond believe that CN has seen the error of her sneering, supercilious ways - but her parents probably have realized the urgent need for damage control. They may not have appreciated earlier the extent of the evidence against her and the negative impact her testimony engendered. They are both medical professionals, and while they have a "modest" home they may (for all we know) have investments or savings they can access for Greenspan's firm to represent CN. I don't see the need to posit MB or DM providing the funding without evidence of same.

Someone mentioned her Pinterest account seemed to be down. I would hazard a confident guess that one of the very first orders from her new lawyer was some variant of Get that girl OFF all social media NOW! I was also surprised that she had not been coached by her previous lawyer in how to present herself in court -- a more self-effacing and regretful persona would have served her cause much better.

It's possible her lawyer did try to do this, with no luck. Parents may have laid down the law now; we aren't privy to such details. But I expect someone, not necessarily CN, has appreciated the seriousness of the situation and escalated their response.

I wonder if the esteemed Mr Greenspan will stick with the "BJ" defence.
I also wonder how humiliated CN's parents must feel. Their daughter's defence for helping her boyfriend cover up killing a family man is that she was all engrossed in giving a BJ. Whatever else she does in life that will always sum her up.

I wonder if the esteemed Mr Greenspan will stick with the "BJ" defence.
I also wonder how humiliated CN's parents must feel. Their daughter's defence for helping her boyfriend cover up killing a family man is that she was all engrossed in giving a BJ. Whatever else she does in life that will always sum her up.
I'm not 100% convinced that CN's parents have much control over their <modsnip>. IMHO, I'm more than perplexed that she was amassing a collection of jailhouse letters in her bedroom at the family home. I'm far from a loose cannon, but I can say with certainty, that if my daughter's boyfriend was in jail facing charges of 1st degree murder, she would not have one ounce of privacy under my roof. It would be my full time job to watch her every move, scour her room on a regular basis and prevent her from having any contact with her locked up boyfriends family and friends. Perhaps selfish, but I would only be concerned about her and my immediate family. For some reason, CN went completely unchecked until she got arrested. Can't help but think that <modsnip> rules the roost. MOO

I'm not 100% convinced that CN's parents have much control over their <modsnip>. IMHO, I'm more than perplexed that she was amassing a collection of jailhouse letters in her bedroom at the family home. I'm far from a loose cannon, but I can say with certainty, that if my daughter's boyfriend was in jail facing charges of 1st degree murder, she would not have one ounce of privacy under my roof. It would be my full time job to watch her every move, scour her room on a regular basis and prevent her from having any contact with her locked up boyfriends family and friends. Perhaps selfish, but I would only be concerned about her and my immediate family. For some reason, CN went completely unchecked until she got arrested. Can't help but think that <modsnip> rules the roost. MOO

Me too, if for no other reason then the fact that I put my money and my reputation on the line to bail her little butt out of jail!

Me too, if for no other reason then the fact that I put my money and my reputation on the line to bail her little butt out of jail!

Indeed! Like most immigrants I'm guessing the parents were striving for success and respect here in Canada. They must have worked hard to advanxe themselves professionally
Now the first time her daughter is in the media the mother must hide her face dishonoured.

Her posting pictures doesn't necessary mean she went on "photography trips" does it? Maybe she is reposting other people's photo's? Maybe she is posting older photos pre-ankle-bracelet days?

I suppose anything's possible. But the photos of the three festivals were posted at the times that the festivals occurred. And the concert pictures were posted the day of the concert (the one where she said she was off to see that band and the one of the band playing).

Am thinking that the stay of proceedings in this matter was related to freezing DM&#8217;s assets?

Azeff and De Caria are the two lawyers representing the applicant MB. You can check out their bios here under the link to &#8220;Lawyers&#8221; at the bottom of the Fogler Rubinoff page.
This will give you a better idea of what this is all about. The Receiver here is Zeifman's. DM has declared bankruptcy/insolvency.
http://www.zeifmans.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Notice-and-Statement-of-Receiver-Nov-23-2015-2.pdf

And just to add my interpretations. WM's estate has money in it. DM doesn't have any cash. The Courts have allowed DM to assign WM's estate 75K worth of DM's shareholders loan in Millard Properties for 75K worth of cash out of WM's estate to be used solely for DM's legal bills and repayment to MB's for her legal bills. Nice to see that there are victim claims on there. Looks like all the moola is tied up nicely. MOO

Indeed! Like most immigrants I'm guessing the parents were striving for success and respect here in Canada. They must have worked hard to advanxe themselves professionally
Now the first time her daughter is in the media the mother must hide her face dishonoured.
Yeh- that's the difference between myself and CN's mother. I would have most certainly gone to Court with her, however, I would have dropped her off in front of the Court House and let her walk in by herself. IMHO, being a good mother or parent cannot be confused with being an enabler. If CN is tough enough to move the Eliminator, she's certainly tough enough to walk into court by herself. I wouldn't have been mummifying myself to look like her mummy twin. MOO

This will give you a better idea of what this is all about. The Receiver here is Zeifman's. DM has declared bankruptcy/insolvency.
http://www.zeifmans.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Notice-and-Statement-of-Receiver-Nov-23-2015-2.pdf

And just to add my interpretations. WM's estate has money in it. DM doesn't have any cash. The Courts have allowed DM to assign WM's estate 75K worth of DM's shareholders loan in Millard Properties for 75K worth of cash out of WM's estate to be used solely for DM's legal bills and repayment to MB's for her legal bills. Nice to see that there are victim claims on there. Looks like all the moola is tied up nicely. MOO

Wow, $14 million in victim claims.

I hope the Bosmas get all that they can out of Millard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname