Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. AM, MH and MS all knew what was in that toolbox IMO. Each will deny it for obvious reasons, but they knew. MH was only half joking when he texted "a box of guns?" IMO.

Perhaps he was trying to exaggerate the number of guns from 2 to a box of guns in an attempt at humour.

Thinking out loud back at you. The testimonies from both AM & MH are both basically the same in that they each had something that belonged to DM and that they both wanted to get rid of. The part that is confusing and difficult to understand is why would MH be adamant about AM saying that "Dellen had given him something and he knew that he had given him something as well" and "Dellen would've wanted the stuff to go to Mark" as opposed to agreeing that MS had asked for it. This implies that AM knew what he had and it wasn't drugs. If AM had packed up the back pack like he testified to he knew what was in it and there was a lot more then just pot, so how much drugs could be in the toolbox which MH said was small, more like a tackle box that was worth all this extra effort on his part. Wouldn't you just say hey, we have a situation, dump what Dellen gave you?????

agree.

AM contacted MH right after a call from Mark, yes?

Could the "DM would want Mark to have it" line of statements just be a way AM spun the story in order to get MH on board to retrieve and bring the toolbox/gun to Mark? (knowing or strongly suspecting what was inside?) MH apparently didn't like Mark, so doing something that Mark requested might have been a hard sell MOO

But he also testified that he had never seen a gun in MS possession. So he can't really confirm this.

He also testified that he was afraid of MS (before and after TB murder) but hung around him daily anyways. Who does that?

He also testified that his mind was hazy from drugs, so things may not have been said they way he testified to.

I wish Daly was a more credible witness because his testimony could have been very damning. FWIW, I hope the Jurors see the opposite of what I do of Daly.

bbm Apparently MS.

MS still hung out with DM after he says he saw him turn into a lunatic who murdered a defenseless man! If people can believe MS did that then it's even easier to believe BD would hang around MS even if he felt uncomfortable around MS at times.

All MOO.

Apparently One inmate calling another goofy or a goof is about the worst thing you call call someone in custody (according to someone on twitter)....Bromance is definitely over...

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 18m18 minutes ago

@hammyahol @TinTincognito @CHCHNews Millard saw Smich in a cell last week & yelled, if I'm Walt Disney, you are F'ing Goofy

I have no idea why or how that term became so derogatory, but I've heard several times from people I have known that it's a huge insult. And none of them have been in custody that I know of. I've always used goofy as a synonym for silly, but have been corrected otherwise. [emoji52]

I love this family.

SB & family while waiting for verdict.

attachment.php

ETA: Photograph is by Hamilton Spectator photographer John Rennison https://twitter.com/JLRenn/status/743191121409474560
John tweeted that Sharon won.

I read about the foundation SB has set up to support victims of violent crime. SB went through special counselling herself and now together with a small group of like minded women, they pass their techniques for living along to others.
The theme of the counselling is that one focus on 'living in the moment' .....no doubt about it, this photo illustrates that there is definitely something to it. I actually think there is a lesson there for all of us.
IMHO it is the only way to get through any tragedy or otherwise gut renching experience

bbm Apparently MS.

MS still hung out with DM after he says he saw him turn into a lunatic who murdered a defenseless man! If people can believe MS did that then it's even easier to believe BD would hang around MS even if he felt uncomfortable around MS at times.

All MOO.

But I don't believe MS was afraid or scared of DM. MS initiated contact via phone calls and texts and met up with him (This was my AhhHaa moment). We know why MS lied about that but we're back to, why would BD hang out with someone he was afraid of? If I meet someone and they become sketchy, made me feel unsafe to be around, I break all communications. I don't continue to be their friends. I'm sure Daly probably had a pot supply before he met MS that he could have returned to. So there was some reason why Daly continued to hang with MS....because he liked him perhaps? Maybe lied to distance himself from MS for what he did?

I read about the foundation SB has set up to support victims of violent crime. SB went through special counselling herself and now together with a small group of like minded women, they pass their techniques for living along to others.
The theme of the counselling is that one focus on 'living in the moment' .....no doubt about it, this photo illustrates that there is definitely something to it. I actually think there is a lesson there for all of us.
IMHO it is the only way to get through any tragedy or otherwise gut renching experience

Thank you for that. I'm going to take that with me with other good things I learned about the Bosma family.

I have no idea why or how that term became so derogatory, but I've heard several times from people I have known that it's a huge insult. And none of them have been in custody that I know of. I've always used goofy as a synonym for silly, but have been corrected otherwise. [emoji52]

First time I heard of this was from a biker. He said "Goof" is the term they use for child molesters in jail. I asked if "Goofy" was included in this and he said no but it depends on who ya ask I guess.

Ohhhhh, me too!!! There aren't enough adequate words for me to properly express the depth of admiration I feel for them. Such remarkable human beings in every respect.

Thank you for posting this ... A joy to see!

ETA: I loved reading this about the Bosmas in Clairmont's column last night:

"In most murder cases, the victim's family never speaks to the defence counsel.

At this trial, the Bosmas sometimes shared cake and other treats with the defence lawyers. Once, all the lawyers backed a request from the family to start court a little later one day so Tim's parents could attend a Grandparents Day at his daughter's daycare. (The judge denied the request.)"

Extraordinary ...

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...by-20-more-things-the-bosma-jury-was-never-t/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ironic there is is a black Dodge Ram behind them.

But I don't believe MS was afraid or scared of DM. MS initiated contact via phone calls and texts and met up with him (This was my AhhHaa moment). We know why MS lied about that but we're back to, why would BD hang out with someone he was afraid of? If I meet someone and they become sketchy, made me feel unsafe to be around, I break all communications. I don't continue to be their friends. I'm sure Daly probably had a pot supply before he met MS that he could have returned to. So there was some reason why Daly continued to hang with MS....because he liked him perhaps? Maybe lied to distance himself from MS for what he did?

Quite possibly they were drug friends, not just for marijuana. Using as well as seeking out narcotics (and drinking possibly) many people end up hanging out with people they ordinarily wouldn't .....even people they strongly dislike, distrust or fear. IMO not saying this applies to that extreme in their relationship but it could

Goof is about the worst thing you can call someone in Canadian jails. It basically translates to a child molester, or diddler. Don't think "goofy" is the same, but calling someone a "goof" behind bars, like whistling, pretty much guarantees a beating. It's not something that is easily understood, but it is jailhouse code, and it is very real.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 48s49 seconds ago
#Bosma jury coming back to court in a few minutes. Word is they want to retire a bit early tonight. Stay tuned @CHCHNews

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 41s41 seconds agoHamilton, Ontario
We're now reconvening at the #Bosma trial at 8 pm. It appears it will be to excuse the jury for the night. #timbosma #hamont #sc

I wonder if they are making good progress and figure they want an early night to get a bit more rest. I imagine if they were nowhere close to a verdict they wouldn't be asking for an early night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms