Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's been posted yet (apologies if that's not true) but here is the video of Sharlene Bosma's statement to the press after the verdict this afternoon. Impressive woman.

[video=youtube;vVfhFTmwrAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVfhFTmwrAg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVfhFTmwrAg[/video]

I don't think it's been posted yet (apologies if that's not true) but here is the video of Sharlene Bosma's statement to the press after the verdict this afternoon. Impressive woman.

I know that Tim is so very proud of her

Lmao someone else named "byefelicia" commented on CN's instagram picture. Too funny.

HAAAA .... there are a few other good ones too ...

(Sea Enn) ... has a photo of a bare floor with a pile of running shoes in a corner
(Comment) .... "finally cleaned your room "

(Sea Enn) ... has a picture of vinyl music records
(Comment) .... "destroy those records"

(Sea Enn) ... has a picture of a big old concrete bridge covered with grafitti and a girl walking
(Comment) ... "Hunting for SAY10 graffiti "

Very true. Another trial I followed as closely as this one was Allen Tehrankari. He raped and murdered his SIL, Barbara Galway (who I had been very close to when we lived in Ottawa). The trial was underway, and he fired his lawyer and represented himself. It could not have possibly been more bizarre. His wife, Barb's sister was employed or volunteered at the prison where he was incarcerated for armed bank robbery. They were married and had a child during his incarceration. Barb and the rest of her family fought a deportation order so that he could remain in Canada following his release. It was horrifying. Barb was struggling with anxiety and left her marriage of more than 25 years a few months before. She was prescribed a relatively new medication and she behaved in ways that while shocking to her devoutly religious family are well known to be associated with this medication. Her family crucified her character on the stand. I knew and loved her. She was nothing like the person in heart or spirit that her family described. I had to think that Tehrankari had threatened them in some way, but I still to this day do not know how they were able to live with themselves.

As for Tehrankari, his version of events was so preposterous. I actually copied the daily news articles and believe I still have it. He was found guilty of M1, thankfully and submitted an application for appeal 15 days after the deadline and it was therefore rejected, again thankfully.

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend. My thoughts are with you.

Thank you for sharing this. I have never heard about this case before. I will look for more information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Signing off soon. See you all back here in the fall. Have a safe summer! :)

I disagree. I think CN really pi$$ed off the Crown and I think they are going to throw the book at her.

Is there really a publication ban on her trial ? I hope it gets lifted.

Accessory to murder is one of the more difficult charges to prove/win. It will be interesting to see how the judge reacts and if they will buy she didn't know fingerprints were evidence. I mean, I sure as heck don't buy that.

"
Accessory to murder can be tricky to prove and there's a range of sentences.

We haven't seen all the evidence against Noudga <modsnip>

The cops took their time arresting her and her lawyer didn't ask for bail for 4 months. That indicates he was being cautious. You don't let your client sit in jail four months for nothing.
"

Please excuse the formatting only works sometime.

I read this as she does pay her lawyer very often.

""

Please excuse the formatting only works sometime.

I read this as she does pay her lawyer very often.

I think it's important to remember that the Crown said CN's bail hearing had to be dealt with by the Supreme Court because the crime was so serious and that handling bail this way is usually pretty rare. So I think that's why she was in jail a little longer and not immediately granted bail and house arrest.

Well if MS and DM are in Millhaven or any Kingston area prisons as of tonight, I drive by there tomorrow so I will be sure to give them the one finger salute as I drive past for all us WSers!

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend. My thoughts are with you.

Thank you for sharing this. I have never heard about this case before. I will look for more information.

Thank you! I found this link if you're interested. It gives a fairly comprehensive overview.

www.pressreader.com/canada/ottawa-citizen/20090315/281573761611339

I think you'll have to cut and paste into your browser.

One last post for the night. http://www.chch.com/jury-verdict-tim-bosma-murder-trial/

In-depth verdict coverage by CHCH News with Lisa Hefpner and others. I know LH isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I like her and the Bosma family respects her and that's a pretty credible source of support. Happy Birthday, Lisa and thanks for bringing us not only the facts during the trial, but the humanity surrounding it.

All MOO.

I think it's important to remember that the Crown said CN's bail hearing had to be dealt with by the Supreme Court because the crime was so serious and that handling bail this way is usually pretty rare. So I think that's why she was in jail a little longer and not immediately granted bail and house arrest.

I never realized that CN's bail hearing had to be dealt with via The Supreme Court. That is extremely unusual, isn't it? I don't recall ever hearing about bail being decided at the Supreme Court level before. Off to read about that.

Thanks as always...your reports on the courtroom are always appreciated. :)

Were you close enough to get a sense of what DM's look was trying to convey?
Thanks, I really like your posts too :)
So yes, after the long recess for the judge to prepare something to say (as you know, all 3 lawyers asked to go ahead with the sentencing today)

He walked back into the court from the side door where he comes from, and he looked much more intimidating, cocky and aggressive. He had a tall posture, shoulders out, cold face and locked eyes with SB on purpose, staring her down and really they were only several feet apart (but it was safe with lots of officers.)

Family/friends reacted loudly shouting things at him (hard to make out, as it was quickly shot down with an 'order in the court!' His lawyers hustled over (and the police came in even closer a bit) and the lawyers tried to talk him down it looked, by whispering face to face with him.

It seemed to me that he either blames SB somehow (typical narcissistic, sociopath behaviour of not taking any responsibility I would speculate) or was maybe trying to just scare her for later, like in a threatening way. The thing is though, she stared at him right back and held it. I do think she started crying a few moments later and was shaken up, but I'm not 100% sure because I was a few rows back and I don't want to be inaccurate.

By the way, in terms of a more trivial observation - as I previously said, DM did *not* have a bowl cut as reported by a msm figure. Yes, his hair was A bit crudely cut in the back, but it looked normal today.

Well if MS and DM are in Millhaven or any Kingston area prisons as of tonight, I drive by there tomorrow so I will be sure to give them the one finger salute as I drive past for all us WSers!
Was chatting with my son about this tonight. These two murderers will be likely coming to live in my part of the province. I believe they will be initially processed at Joyceville, because the intake / assessment unit was moved there from Millhaven around the time Kingston Pen closed. Prior to this, Joyceville was a medium/minimum facility. Now it also has a high/medium unit in the Intake Assessment Unit. Following processing, off they go to a maximum to serve out their sentence. (as Hippy_Chic said earlier)

After the remaining trials complete, I hope these two murderers slowly fade from our collective memory and into oblivion. In the meantime, we will always remember Tim.

He gave them a description, including Millard’s “ambition” tattoo. Thanks to Millard’s previous charges of pot possession (from 2008) and driving while disqualified (2012), police services had that description on file. http://www.cbc.ca/interactives/longform/news/wayward-son-dellen-millard-tim-bosma-trial

Very interesting indeed!! So Walt Disney wasn't so Squeeky clean after all.

Two years later, they were both convicted of first-degree murder- think he means 3 years later.

Schlatman had made $80,000 worth of modifications to one of Millard’s Jeeps, even pimping out the air conditioning to make sure the vehicle was comfortable in the harsh desert sun.

This I pee my pants everytime I read this!! $80k in mods!! Then I think of how many of my buddies rigs were stolen and how many of their parts made it onto DM'S "race Jeep".

AND of course this, but now the story has changed?? Use to be a tree took out the ignition LOL

Just 25 kilometres into the grueling 800-kilometre race, he gutted the bottom of the Jeep on some harsh terrain and Schlatman couldn’t get them on their way again in time. Their race was over.

Thanks, I really like your posts too :)
So yes, after the long recess for the judge to prepare something to say (as you know, all 3 lawyers asked to go ahead with the sentencing today)

He walked back into the court from the side door where he comes from, and he looked much more intimidating, cocky and aggressive. He had a tall posture, shoulders out, cold face and locked eyes with SB on purpose, staring her down and really they were only several feet apart (but it was safe with lots of officers.)

Family/friends reacted loudly shouting things at him (hard to make out, as it was quickly shot down with an 'order in the court!' His lawyers hustled over (and the police came in even closer a bit) and the lawyers tried to talk him down it looked, by whispering face to face with him.

It seemed to me that he either blames SB somehow (typical narcissistic, sociopath behaviour of not taking any responsibility I would speculate) or was maybe trying to just scare her for later, like in a threatening way. The thing is though, she stared at him right back and held it. I do think she started crying a few moments later and was shaken up, but I'm not 100% sure because I was a few rows back and I don't want to be inaccurate.

By the way, in terms of a more trivial observation - as I previously said, DM did *not* have a bowl cut as reported by a msm figure. Yes, his hair was A bit crudely cut in the back, but it looked normal today.

Surreal. What an strange, unsettling, foreign place his mind seems to be. Maybe he felt she dared forget, that he is heaven sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221