VERDICT is IN!! #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everyone here delighted then? Nobody who finds the whole thing really sad?

I started crying after I let out a shout of happiness. It's sad that the family "won" but Travis is still dead. It's a mixture of relief, happiness and sadness.

I am very glad that Jodi Arias got the verdict she deserved--she premeditated the killing, and then she smeared a dead man's reputation in court. The jury spoke up for the Alexander family and said "Jodi is a liar and a killer."

Juan and Flores, all of travis's friends that took the stand to protect his honor, all that spoke out to the public, all his family, the friends helping, getting the true travis out there!!!!!
You did it!!!!! All of you!!!!
I can't stop crying!!!!
Every morning I get up and read Travis' words of encouragement for the day!!!
He has most certainly touched so many lives!!! Forever!!!

It doesn't make sense to me, AZlawyer, what could the Alexander family gain from a civil wrongful death case? What $$$, what she has from the sale of her fake art, that's about it, right? Now that she's convicted would that money be taken from her anyway? Just seems like plenty of cost with little to no return. Your thoughts?

From AZlawyer: For anyone who saw my earlier post re: thinking the statute of limitations would have expired for a wrongful death suit, I'm happy to report I was wrong. Just looked it up:

Could the state give them her commisary money and money from her artwork(if you wanna call it that)?:seeya:

I am elated for the Alexander family. There is still more to come and the jury's efforts are not over. I will continue to pray for everyone to have the strength and stamina to see it all the way through.

I only have one question-where was Nurmi today? If this has been answered I must have missed it! Anyone?

He was off camera. They were focused on Wilmott and Jodi so there just wasn't room for all of them. lol

Is everyone here delighted then? Nobody who finds the whole thing really sad?

Speaking for myself I am both. Delighted that after all the years of hell for the family they have got a just verdict. Sad for a man being killed in such an awful way. It is also sad that there are people like JA who have such a flawed personality that they can do something like that to another human being.
Whether it is the death penalty or LWOP all that really matters is she is not out there able to do that to anyone else.

I haven't seen this posted yet - it must have been. But if not....

The verdict is guilty. So how does that make you feeeeeeeel Jodi?

Nancy Grace just said she is selling her UNDERWEAR on EBAY. Not Nancy.......the murderer.
Now I've heard everything.

Let's hope their not the pair she's had on the last 4 days. Gross

Not only did the Alexanders get a little bit of justice today but so did all those people out there with BPD, PTSD or have been DV (male or female!) No JA trying to hide behind their smokescreens anymore.

A particular website is now taken off the internet....

"jodiariasis........"
It's still up....I was banned so I'm reading on a proxy server. Someone just made a comment a few minutes ago "****** says:
May 8, 2013 at 5:59 pm ............... Jodi will make it through this and we have to stand by her.

Already posted, but need to let things out.

My emotions are overwhelmed. I have a splitting headache, my stomach is in knots and the tears just want to keep coming and coming.

Imagine what Travis's family and friends are feeling. For five long years now, they have been waiting for Jodi Arias to be held accountable. During that time, their full grief has been suspended. Once the next phase of proceeding have finished, the real impact of the loss of their brother and friend will hit, and it will hit very, very hard.

Bless this family and may they continue to receive the love and support to deal with such a horrific loss.

Travis, please smile down on your brothers and sisters. Whisper in their ears words of comfort and inspiration. Tell them a joke or two. Remind them how much you treasured life and aspiring to be all one could be.

Hugs. Big sigh. Hugs.

Nancy reports heated conversations between Arias and her lawyers! Take it or leave it.

I don't doubt that at all.
Willmott and Nurmi need to watch their backs.
JA will turn her venom on them next.

The one tear and chin quiver, is simply part of her new phase of manipulation to try and not get the needle. She didn't even gasp until everyone else did when they read guilty. Only thinking of herself, it is obvious she has no remorse for what she did.

I noticed the delayed gasp too. It was like - oh...is that how I'm supposed to react?

Hey, JODI, enjoy your bus ride from the courthouse to jail!
Bet you are feeling like Einstein now!
Murderer!

I just said a prayer for Travis and his loved ones. The jury didn't forget you. Juan and Detective Flores fought valiantly for you. May you all feel some measure of peace.

what could be more CRUEL than what she did to him.

he knew what was happening to him. he fought. he felt her cut his throat, for pete's sake.

i can't think of anything more cruel than this crime.

Absolutely. She stabbed him in his heart, and as Juan said "he was already dead"--but she continued to pursue him and stab and attack him, finally slitting his throat as he got to the end of the hallway. What a terrifying, horrific and heinous death.

Glad that NG just explained aggravating factor and that only one is needed... heinous and cruel murder. It was certainly that, imo.

I heard Beth explain just now that a previous judge ruled that it wasn't heinous. They only have 1 aggravating factor: cruelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280