Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ex-DH was incarcerated in the San Juan Facility at Perryville from 1983-88. (I divorced him in 1985) It was a med/min facility then. San Juan was medium. You can look his Prison Id #37426 in the ADOC inmate data search. This was the last time he was incarcerated in Az, his previous incarcerations at Ft. Grant and Florence are not listed because their data base doesn't go that far back for repeat offenders. He went on to be incarcerated in California at Folsum, Solidad, and San Quentin. He was looking at a 3rd strike on his last offense, but San Jose, Cali. LE had beaten him so incredibly during his arrest (an illegal search when he was walking in the park) that they feared a lawsuit and cut him loose. They shattered the entire side of his face and his hip, among other things.

I have no sympathy for him. You reap what you sow. I was a stupid naive 17 year old who had never been exposed to the "Dark Side", and had known him from the time I was 6. He was a Marine with an honorable discharge. His sister was taken in by my folks as a foster for 7 years.

He became addicted to morphine while serving, guarded the medical tent. He was also on body bag duty, the planes would come in state, off load the dead, and he was one of those who had to inventory the body bag and compare the weight of the contents from where it came from to it's destiny. He also became a part of the military group that was portrayed in the movie "American Gangster". (I will NOT discuss the liberties or omissions that the movie misrepresented) When discharged he became a heroin addict, he was a member of the Old Mexican Mafia and the Nuestra Familia, 2 rival Ariz/Calif gangs, only because his brother in law, George Solano was a top dog in the NF in Cali. Both gangs were "blood in, blood out".

I can promise you all, that CMja will not make it in prison. Perryville was hard when my ex was in there. The guards will look away, rather then insert themselves in the middle of something. I personally "witnessed" an inmate RAPE his girlfriend on a picnic bench while there for a visitation one evening. She was screaming for help, and the guards turned their backs. I was strip searched on one visitation, with no exclamation, when showing up for another visit. Seems my ex had a scam going on and there were "gals" bringing in drugs to him. When he tried to assault me that evening during visitation, I ran to the sally port and the guards opened it up for me, closing it just as he got to it. One of the guards who took me back to the main entrance on the bus, gave me the low down.

He told me I did not belong in this environment, I was different than all the other women coming to see their husbands, and boyfriends. Everyone who was incarcerated in prison found "Jesus", it was just all part of the game while the inmates con their loved ones into bringing contraband into the prison and put money on their books. He told me I deserved and should demand better of myself. I was educated, I worked, I had a 2 year old daughter. My ex was being investigated for the murder of a top MM down in Florence, evidently "kites" had been found in his possession and eluded to the hit being orchestrated. The guard told me to get the hell out of there and never turn back.

Perryville is much worse now. It is a medium/maximum facility. These inmates have nothing but time on their hands to devise new ways of making weapons. Newspaper can be made into a shiv, a light bulb can be used to create an inferno in a cell, hooch can be made toxic to it's intended victim. No matter where you are placed, SOMEONE can always get to you, even in PC or solitary confinement.

CMja has no "Game", she has no affiliation, she's from Cali, and has no family in prison.

Like I said before, she is toast.

That being said, any talk about CMja having a cushy life in prison or getting less than Life (with or without parole) or DP should just be dropped. She will experience Hell on Earth. I can guarantee it. And that's not my opinion, it's the facts.

I have never seen it or experienced it, but you'll see my sentiments about state prisons downthread. Hell on earth is what I imagined it to be, and you have confirmed that by using the same literal phrase. Thank you.

Thank God you got away from that man, that situation, that culture. :seeya:

I can only speak for myself, but I never judged the jury. I was glad for the Murder 1 verdict, but I never said they were wonderful for handing it down. I thought it was the only just verdict and I prayed that they had the strength to make the right decision. I'm upset with this nonverdict because I hate the idea that Alexander family has to endure one second more of this torture. What kind of "gang mentality" is that?
IOW, I don't think it's fair (or funny) to lump everyone here together...and I don't think it's right to make assessments of personal beliefs. If we can't come here to voice opinions, where should we go? jmho

Easy there, I never said anyone had to go anywhere. I just stated MY OPINION that it is OFTEN like that here. I never tell other posters they aren't entitled to an opinion. But I am entitled to mine, too.

The poster to which I replying made a valid point, that just a week ago everyone was singing the praises of this jury. I doubt they would have had the jury voted against what the majority here had hoped for.

But they did vote M1, and rightfully so. We seem to be forgetting that.

But to come up deadlocked on the death penalty isn't an attack on the family or on anyone here. They simply couldn't vote unanimously. They aren't any less decent or smart because they couldn't all agree on death.

Being upset is fine, but there is, IMO, some out-of-proportion anger directed at these jurors, and IMO, they do not deserve such hate.

As for the family, I am SURE (in my gut, anyway) that Juan informed them that this was a possibility if they didn't accept the plea deal. Juan went forward with the "no deals" prosecution with their blessings, I feel certain.

It was a gamble but in the big picture, it paid off. This is just a hiccup.

http://m.insideedition.com/?redirurl=/headlines/6389-jodi-ariass-juror-opens-up-about-trial

Jury foreman wants to reach out to Arias and ask her what really happened. He doesn't get it, does he. She'll never tell the truth. She's utterly incapable of honesty. And if he doesn't see that now, then she did a fantastic sell job on him, and he is naive and painfully unaware of what this woman is all about. JMO

(BBM)

Ha! The last interviewer who asked CMja if she "was ever going to tell the truth about what happened in that bathroom" got a big stink eye back at him, followed by her now infamous statement, "I didn't know you were a hater when you came to interview me!"
So good luck with reaching out to CMja for the truth about ANYTHING, Mr. Foreman. :banghead:

He does sound more sided with the defense..it doesnt make sense .. A M1 conviction...and he sounds so sympathetic to the murderer?

Gosh..we should feel really greatfull for the conviction! He almost sounds like one of the P12.

For me, the problem I have with this is he talks about why the murderer did what she did. Seriously ? Since when is a jury suppose to figure out why something happened ? Telling IMO.

MHO is that LWOP parole is an appropriate sentence for Jodi Arias. The murder was heinous and brutal, but when I think of the death penalty I think of murder for profit, murder of a child, serial killing etc... Nothing that Travis did to Jodi (continuing to have sex with her while having no intention of taking the relationship any further) merited her stalking him, let alone killing him, and he obviously didn't realize how sick and disordered she was or he wouldn't have taken the risk (one assumes), but many people apparently tried to warn him that he was playing with fire and he didn't stop, and those people didn't even know that he was in a sexual relationship with her (unless Chris and Sky Hughes know more than they let on on TV).

Travis was a person like any other, not a saint, seemingly a very nice guy with a good life ahead of him, but he did use a pretty girl for sex, whether or not she encouraged him, and that isn't terribly nice in anyone's book. They exchanged 85,000 communications, I don't think it would be ridiculous to suggest that the dysfunctional relationship between them was two-sided.

Dr. Drew talked on one show about how borderlines and larger-than-life, confident personalities like Travis can have this crazy, unhealthy attraction to one another that is ultimately destructive to both of them and I think that's what this was. I think that Jodi genuinely felt that she would never, ever have any kind of peace of mind while Travis still existed, and unfortunately she decided that meant killing him rather than herself because of her narcissistic or sociopathic qualities. She is nuts.

I completely understand that Travis's family have never seen the side of him that was crazily attracted to a Jodi and cannot believe it of him but hell, when I think of the most shocking and dysfunctional sides of my own or anyone else's personality my family would certainly never see it, it would be reserved for my own dark introspection and maybe the person I was intimately involved with.

Good post, I agree.

In killing Travis she was killing at least one of her demons - the obsession could stop in her mind because he was no longer alive. Selfish and self serving.

http://m.insideedition.com/?redirurl=/headlines/6389-jodi-ariass-juror-opens-up-about-trial

Jury foreman wants to reach out to Arias and ask her what really happened. He doesn't get it, does he. She'll never tell the truth. She's utterly incapable of honesty. And if he doesn't see that now, then she did a fantastic sell job on him, and he is naive and painfully unaware of what this woman is all about. JMO

I agree, Mr. Foreman does not get it. After all the lies, does he really think, JA will spill her guts to him, lmao.:floorlaugh: He's more gullible than what he looks, I guess he too is under the JA spell!

And he thinks she is going to tell him the truth? Didnt he find out what really happened by viewing the mounds of evidence at the trial?

She had 18 days on the stand to tell what happened...FGS!

Most murder trials don't have photographs showing part of the murder. Plus the foreman saw the photos the detectives took, I think it's pretty obvious what happened.

are still a little afraid of girls in general but after this trial they're freakin terrified! It has made for some interesting discussions. There are still a lot of gender stereotypes and I really think, especially after hearing this "foreman" that Jodi benefited from them. I someone don't see that guy wondering why a male would have slaughtered a female as though there just has to be some rational reason.

My 15 year old son watched most of the trial ....I'm pretty darn positive he won't fall prey to a woman like Jodi. ....not even a stalker. And if he finds himself in that situation ...he now knows what to do

How funny that the Alexanders showed up, even if it was "just a question". If the Arias' honestly gave a flip about CMja, they would have been 10 minutes away and there for EVERYTHING that happened involving the jury.
I WON'T give them a "pass" on this.
And as far as convicted Felon/Arsonist DB? Someone there in her PO's office has a lot of explaining to do and if we don't see a parole revocation here real quick, someone needs to be fired. I'll bet money on it that "gainful employment" and "no contact with convicted felons" are part of her parole requirements.
What does she do...other than being a tour guide? Anything?

JA 20 years from now (age progression software)

774140342.jpg

what, she doesn't have any gray hair?????? How unfair!!! LOL!!

I hate to say this... actually, no I don't: they knew that their chance to sightsee was coming to an end with the end of the trial. It was more important for them to be able to see the Grand Canyon (I'm guessing on someone else's dime) than it was to be in the courthouse. After all, their job as prop-family was done.

maybe they were looking for the gun

BBM- IMHO, it had nothing to do with JA's peace of mind. Bottom line with a sociopath, he didn't do what she wanted him to do. Period.

You could be right, but the obsessive journaling doesn't strike me as so much sociopathic as narcissistic and deeply immature, like someone stuck in their early teens.

Heh heh, it's like that all the time. Gang mentality. You are only wise and smart if you think and act exactly like ME! :floorlaugh:

Only, it really isn't so funny.

I woudld like to just put it out there that I didn't get on that Yeehaww for the jury train. I know you can't trust 12 strangers west of Texas.

It's been awhile but didn't the Scott Peterson jury replace their foreman during deliberations? That was such a crazy case

Geeez, what happened to all of those "I just LOVE this jury" and "These jurors are SO smart" comments of about a week ago...? :facepalm:

Wha..? I thought they were all still there! Durn, have they been deleted? Thank you for the heads up!!
:blowkiss:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH.. OMigosh. That is too funny. Oh gee. WHY WHY WHY was THIS guy the foreman????? Could they not find someone on that whole jury who was a better leader???? Omigosh. No wonder that lady Jean C was talking about was standing with her arms crossed and looking definant...if she was one of the ones with common sense, she must have been banging her head on the wall in that room haivng to deal with this guy.

This is MOO, but I think he is one of those guys who just fell for Jodi. He just did. I'm sorry, that is what happened. Subconciously or not, those sex tapes and all that sex stuff with her got to him. I really really think that's what happened. Those naked pics, her voice on the sex tape...alll that stuff, and it was probaby subconcious and he didn't even realize it.

The man said he wanted to ask her questions. He wanted to know the truth.

Steven said part of the family's pain was that they didn't have answers to some of their questions.....

How is the foreman wanting to ask Jodi what REALLY happened any different?

Gosh, I hope this poor guy has police protection. I think he's gonna need it.

understand that in televised trails the watching public actually knows MUCH more than the jurors do. He was really convinced they had superior knowledge despite clear evidence to the contrary. Strange. He seemed to think the public was uniformed and rabidly against this poor "human" who must have had a reason to kill. But, we actually do know better.

What got me was when he said "we" don't know what was going on. Did it go over his head that there were cameras in the courtroom? Buddy, we know a lot more than you do! We heard everything you heard, and more. Since he can go on national TV and criticize the public, I think I have every right to criticize him here.

Many people go through life with wistful feelings about a love relationship that caused them anguish, that ended up with that person rejecting them. I call mine 'the one that got away'. You have to pull yourself together and go on despite the misery.
Problem is, she is just too arrogant to allow someone to do that to her. I don't believe it's anything to do with BPD feelings of abandonment which were overwhelming to her- she wasn't going to tolerate him doing anything at any time during their affair that she didn't know about and approve, she watched him 24/7 way before he got sick of her. She's a conceited bully and she's still running things her way.

For people like me who found Dr. DeMarte extremely credible, JA didn't just have BPD. She is a true freak of nature, evidenced by DrD's description of how very unusual it was it see elevated levels show up in 7 of 9 categories in JA's MMPI test (iirc). Dr DeMarte seemed to find her scores startling. JA's a clear danger to others, and I hoped she would be confined to death row, but I do think her pathologies are mitigating factors. She's not crazy, but she's deeply and irreparably disturbed imo.

I've given some thought to my "what ifs" and have some answers.

What if I were a juror? How would I have voted in the penalty phase?
- I would have voted for the DP, no doubt about it.

What if I were the judge and had to sentence ja?
- I would sentence her to death.

What if I were able to set aside the law and sentencing and just sentence ja to the place where she would receive the most mental anguish, torture and pain, where would I put her then?
- She would get LWOP and be in GP, not AdSeg.

But again, it's not my responsibility to deliver a sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley