Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As refreshing as her "honesty" was, I still think she was playing with the reporter. Just a feeling I have.

She was blowing off steam at the end, sure. But I believe she has ice chips in her veins and I believe she'd eviscerate you as soon as look at you if you pissed her off.

Miss Simpson don't play.

JMO

Maybe Mr. Foreman was speaking of the public not knowing what went on with the jurors during the 5 mo. trial. He's at least right about that.

That is how I took his comment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I know, I know. What gives? Good grief, it a mystery, really. Would love to know what went down in the guilt phase. Was he a holdout. There is no chance of a mistrial, because of what he is saying, is there? It almost sounds like he has regrets his guilt decision. moo Oh, and when they poled the jury for the guilt and cruelty phase was his Yes loud. I thought it was. Anyone? moo

I think he followed the jury instructions and not his emotions. The jury instructions are very clear and it was very clear that they were to consider the evidence without becoming emotionally involved. The evidence was very clear. Unless you are an idiot there is no way that all those things, the gas cans, the phone being off, the hair color, the rental car, the vicious fight on the 26th, the robbery at the grandparents home on the 28th, the caliber of the gun that was stolen being the same as the one used to shot Travis. One or maybe even two could perhaps be a coincidence but not all of it. He may have felt bad about it and he may have believed she was abused but there was no way to deny that Travis's murder was premeditated. He did his job and I commend him and all the members of the jury for doing the right thing and not letting their emotions rule their common sense.

I am grateful that instead of coming back with a sentence that may not have been the right one they deadlocked. I can't tell you how much I wish the P12 had done the same. The state gets a do over as far as the penalty phase and now they have more information about what they need to do to get the death penalty. This is not a loss but it is terrible for the family that has waited 5 years to hear the sentence to have to go through more of this but it will be over hopefully sooner then later.

I do wonder like many if the 4 who wanted life went home and saw the interviews and learned of things that were not presented to them if they now know they made the wrong decision in not agreeing to the death penalty.

I'll go a step further and say that it is likely that Travis had some knowledge of illegal doings on JA's part and that is what he meant when he said that soon everyone would know and would spit in her face.

He caught her stealing or skimming (stealing) or some other easily proved crime and was gonna blow the whistle soon. It wasn't Cancun, or being called a sociopath, IMO, it was something else.

I completely agree.

OMG this is my last post for the day then I'm leaving. I can't handle all this anger directed at the juror(s). Everyone is entitled to their opinions but it's getting ridiculous in here.

SHE WAS FOUND GUILTY!!! Why is everyone acting like the jury failed???

He did believe she committed the murder FGS - he voted for Murder 1.

Have a nice holiday weekend everyone. :seeya:

:goodpost:

When Jodi tries her little "I was abused by Travis" story on women that know real DV abuse, in childhood and adulthood---she's probably gonna get her butt kicked. Jodi cannot stop manipulating and conning people--well, there are always people smarter, prettier, richer or poorer and maybe more evil than her--- Jodi-little-fish in a big-bad-pond. Maybe some prisoner is serving time on lesser charges that had a family member murdered, knows how it feels...cause killer Arias sure doesn't.

exactly how many interviews has Mr. Z done in the last 24 hrs?

PHOENIX — The jury foreman in Jodi Arias' trial says the panel just couldn't decide whether the killing of her boyfriend was enough to merit a death a sentence.

William Zervakos tells The Associated Press jurors struggled with what they called a flawed system, explaining Arias wasn't "Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson." They thought it was unfair that 12 average Americans who aren't lawyers had to make such a crucial decision.

The 69-year-old said Friday the entire panel believed the slaying was no doubt brutal. But he says they had to take into account Arias' lack of a criminal history or any previous violent behavior.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/24/arias-jury_n_3330897.html

That's exactly what I think! He gets up at 4 AM to do the GMA interview. Imagine how surprised his fellow jurors were when they got up and found out he blindsided them.

I wonder how 'blindsided' he's going to be when he gets a chance to see some of the shenanigans CMCHJA pulled over on him & rest of the jury that may have waivered in their ability to sentence death. JMO

Geeez, what happened to all of those "I just LOVE this jury" and "These jurors are SO smart" comments of about a week ago...? :facepalm:

I know I still feel that way. They had great questions, convicted on M1 with premeditation and excessive cruelty.

Problem came in when they allowed this Pompous A$$ of a foreman to run over them with his superior car salesman intellect!I could see this guy intimidating anyone who did not agree with him. Too bad "his Peeps" allowed that...but you can rest assured Murder 1 was his idea.:moo:

OMG I'm going to scream. More carp from the foreman!

After five harrowing months, it was the ending no one wanted.

"My stomach was shaking, my hands were shaking because of the impact of the decision we had just made." Said Bill Zevakos, the jury foreman in the Jodi Arias trial who is speaking out about what happened behind closed doors during jury deliberations.

The jury was deadlocked 8-4, with the majority reportedly voting to sentence Arias to death.

INSIDE EDITION'S Paul Boyd asked, "Do you have any sense of not finishing the job here?"

Zevakos replied, "Absolutely and it had a very strong impact on all of us."

Zevakos won't say which way he voted but reveals there were moments when emotions in th ejury room reached the boiling point..

Boyd asked, "Were there moments of contention during the death penalty phase?"

Zevakos replied, "There were moments of contention all the way through because every decision we made was huge. Everybody is so emotionally charged and we're having to control those emotions and it's only fair when does emotions bubble over but we're able to reel it back in."

He said Jodi's 18 days on the stand actually hurt her case.

Zevakos said, "She was obviously lying about things and you know what happens when you tell a lie, you have to tell another lie and another lie. The longer she was on the stand the worse it was for her in that case."

But the foreman said he did believe her claims that Travis Alexander abused her.

"I do believe that she was emotionally and verbally abused." Said Zevakos

He said he'll never forget the moment the guilty verdict was delivered.

Zevakos recalled, "I had vowed that I wasn't going to look at her but I did and seeing her face when that verdict was read, I will remember forever."

The suffering of Travis Alexander's family had a profound impact.

Zevakos said, "You can't listen to that kind of hurt, the pain, the anguish, and not be touched."

And get this, he says he would actually like to reach out to Arias.

Boyd asked, "What would you say to Arias if you had a moment with her?"

Zevakos replied, "Yeah, I'd really like to talk to Jodi. But I'd like to ask her the questions that everybody wants to ask her. What really happened?"

Seeing her face when the verdict was read, I will remember forever. SAY WHAT! What about Travis 29 stabs wombs, slit neck from ear to ear, and gun shot to the face. That will not stay with you forever. What a guy! moo

The main problem I see is that if Jodi was unattractive, or a girl from the
hood, or a person of color, or a male They would have come back with death. People have trouble putting a “girl” with a side pony and wispy bangs to eventual death.She
acted frail and coy. they fell for it. They lost their perspective during the mitigation phase.

Or if she'd looked just like CMja but unable to string two sentences together or if she admitted she brought home multiple men a week for casual sex, kicked her mother, kicked a dog and kept a big supply of lubricant in her car, just in case, it would have been easy for the DP because of their distaste for her lifestyle.

Sure could. Absolutely could. I would push the poison button, and if I knew how, I would insert the cath. with ZERO remorse. You bet your boots I would. Don't doubt that, not even for a second.

I no longer see her as a human, nor would I see anyone else as human given the circumstances. I would pull the trigger in a firing squad, too. If the jury rendered the DP.

I found it really strange that the foreman said he didn't want to look at her when they read the guilty verdict, but he did and he "will remember it forever." WTF?? If I had just come to the conclusion that she carried out this unspeakable crime...I would not be caring about how she took the news. I would be looking at the Alexanders and feeling good that I did something to ease their pain. I don't get that?

You could be right, but the obsessive journaling doesn't strike me as so much sociopathic as narcissistic and deeply immature, like someone stuck in their early teens.
She would have just switched "obsessions".
They say that if you are in a relationship with a sociopath, and are trying to leave, the best thing you can wish/hope for is that they find another victim. IOW, they need to tire of you first. Regardless of what the truth is about the relationship, in their minds they need to believe they could have you whenever they want you....whether it's picking up the phone to take their calls or seeing them for "old time's sake". If they "lose control", look out. I think the "Cancun with another woman trip" is what put JA over the edge. jmo

It's the Power of Demonic Coochie.... Here is a post from way back in March: stah Sleuth*Registered User*Join Date: Apr 2009Posts: 445. So, I just caught up with the trial today. I started 6 days ago and would like to share my thoughts. It's 1 something in the morning and I'm typing on my phone. Please forgive spelling and grammar cuz it aint that serious c or me at this time. I intend to be brutally honest with my opinion. First...will somebody please allow Travis sister...the thin lady who sits with her husband I think....somebody just let her kick Jodis azz? That woman is about to bust if she doesnt get a piece of Jodi. All day everyday she has this expression on her countenance like she just wants to beat the dog crap out of her. Okay...now that that is out of the way....Jodi is a psychopathic demonic freak who is projecting her hyper freakiness onto Travis and smearing his name. I believe demons entered her when she was messing with that gay vampire dude. Furthermore. ..don't expect Jodi to get the death penalty and she may also be acquitted which wouldnt surprise me one bit. Pretty white women never get put to death and after broadcasting her coochie...fake *advertiser censored* and phone sex fecordings...she is just somebody that men will want to keep alive. You dont kill demonic freaky women...you keep that ALIVE! If jodi was an ugly white woman...do you really think they would have shown her coochie on the big screen in the courtroom like that? Do you think anybody would be willing to listen to her moan, groan and masturbate? What man wants to generate the image of a wad shot on an ugly face? It's a mans world, yall. Speaking of men...Travis. Welp, he wasnt an angel in this. He certainly was a nice enough guy that didnt deserve to be slaughtered like a pig...that's for sure. But he had a problem which the majority of men struggle with and that is their 2 heads. Mothers please start early with your sons and teach them how to think with the head that has the brains. Travis was an elder in the church and he knew better. He was a hypocrite like the majority of folks with positions in church and I wish he would have taken his faith more seriously instead of screwing around with the devil. Jodi is a modern day Jezebell. The purpose of that spirit is to steal, kill, and destroy. Sex is her most powerful tool. Did somebody say that the majority of the jurors are men? Ut oh...there is something about Jodi. She has that wicked thing going on with her and she is realling some of those make jurors into her web right in front of our eyes and the majority of people watching the trial dont see it and the male jurors dont know what shes doing. Those who know how that spirit operates can see what she is throwing off at them. Her pheromones are hyper potent and she knows it. A wicked woman like that needs to die...any head with a brain knows this but the brainless head shall win out. She is WICKED. Plunge a cross in her black heart and then burn her at the stake. Evil should never be allowed to even breath. But Jodi will live and manipulate all kinds of men whether she is in prison or is set free. Horny brain dead men are gonna do what they do and I really dont have to worry about Jodi. I have one head with brains...im not into women and I dont live in the same state of that known demon. She has strong seductive powers and I thank God that I am not a man. Rest in peace Travis but Jodi s coochie just may cheat you out of justice.

exactly how many interviews has Mr. Z done in the last 24 hrs?

I have seen an interview with GMA, AZCentral and Inside Edition

Someone should have handed him a dvd of her interviews post verdict and said, watch these and then we will come back to see if you have changed your opinion.

ETA: AP to the list as well

I'm sure Large Marge can't wait for the first Book Club meeting where Jodi plans to lead those lesser than her and "stimulate conversations of a higher nature"

I can't wait until she starts teaching Spanish. She must be an expert now having learned the language a few years ago. :floorlaugh:

My ex-DH was incarcerated in the San Juan Facility at Perryville from 1983-88. (I divorced him in 1985) It was a med/min facility then. San Juan was medium. You can look his Prison Id #37426 in the ADOC inmate data search. This was the last time he was incarcerated in Az, his previous incarcerations at Ft. Grant and Florence are not listed because their data base doesn't go that far back for repeat offenders. He went on to be incarcerated in California at Folsum, Solidad, and San Quentin. He was looking at a 3rd strike on his last offense, but San Jose, Cali. LE had beaten him so incredibly during his arrest (an illegal search when he was walking in the park) that they feared a lawsuit and cut him loose. They shattered the entire side of his face and his hip, among other things.

I have no sympathy for him. You reap what you sow. I was a stupid naive 17 year old who had never been exposed to the "Dark Side", and had known him from the time I was 6. He was a Marine with an honorable discharge. His sister was taken in by my folks as a foster for 7 years.

He became addicted to morphine while serving, guarded the medical tent. He was also on body bag duty, the planes would come in state, off load the dead, and he was one of those who had to inventory the body bag and compare the weight of the contents from where it came from to it's destiny. He also became a part of the military group that was portrayed in the movie "American Gangster". (I will NOT discuss the liberties or omissions that the movie misrepresented) When discharged he became a heroin addict, he was a member of the Old Mexican Mafia and the Nuestra Familia, 2 rival Ariz/Calif gangs, only because his brother in law, George Solano was a top dog in the NF in Cali. Both gangs were "blood in, blood out".

I can promise you all, that CMja will not make it in prison. Perryville was hard when my ex was in there. The guards will look away, rather then insert themselves in the middle of something. I personally "witnessed" an inmate RAPE his girlfriend on a picnic bench while there for a visitation one evening. She was screaming for help, and the guards turned their backs. I was strip searched on one visitation, with no exclamation, when showing up for another visit. Seems my ex had a scam going on and there were "gals" bringing in drugs to him. When he tried to assault me that evening during visitation, I ran to the sally port and the guards opened it up for me, closing it just as he got to it. One of the guards who took me back to the main entrance on the bus, gave me the low down.

He told me I did not belong in this environment, I was different than all the other women coming to see their husbands, and boyfriends. Everyone who was incarcerated in prison found "Jesus", it was just all part of the game while the inmates con their loved ones into bringing contraband into the prison and put money on their books. He told me I deserved and should demand better of myself. I was educated, I worked, I had a 2 year old daughter. My ex was being investigated for the murder of a top MM down in Florence, evidently "kites" had been found in his possession and eluded to the hit being orchestrated. The guard told me to get the hell out of there and never turn back.

Perryville is much worse now. It is a medium/maximum facility. These inmates have nothing but time on their hands to devise new ways of making weapons. Newspaper can be made into a shiv, a light bulb can be used to create an inferno in a cell, hooch can be made toxic to it's intended victim. No matter where you are placed, SOMEONE can always get to you, even in PC or solitary confinement.

CMja has no "Game", she has no affiliation, she's from Cali, and has no family in prison.

Like I said before, she is toast.

That being said, any talk about CMja having a cushy life in prison or getting less than Life (with or without parole) or DP should just be dropped. She will experience Hell on Earth. I can guarantee it. And that's not my opinion, it's the facts.
I totally agree with you! She's nothing like the other inmates.
Her Mary Poppins facade is never gonna fly. It's gonna end really ugly for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw a post on FB where inside editione talks to the Forman and he said " I want to talk to Jodi and ask her what really happened?" OMG I Am:stormingmad::stormingmad:

I think he just wants to talk to Jodi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member