Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bringing my post over as I was right at the end of the previous thread and I was replying to Spellbound . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
So sad, indeed, for the family. We will just have to wrap them in love and support, and those of us who are able might offer more financial support. We will see this through to justice for Travis and his family.

Correction (darned HLN): Jurors will NOT be speaking!

I think this an excellent suggestion - we have time to contribute whatever we can to assist them through this next phase. I can't imagine what they are feeling right now - all this time and still no result - they are looking at potentially a few more months before this really ends.

I keep trying to find a nugget of something positive - so far, the only thing I have come up with is that we now know that at least some of the jury were FOR the death penalty which is why it wasn't unanimous for life. I would love to know what the breakdown was.

I don't blame the jury as a whole, because obviously it wasn't all of them, just some who stood firm. I won't put myself in their place. It's too easy for me to say I would have gone for DP, but they are the ones who were chosen to make the decision, not me.

I would love to know what they think once they have the opportunity to see all that we've seen during the trial. And, as far as selecting another jury? Well, it won't be easy to do in this county, but it will be interesting to see how they handle it.

In the meantime, my thoughts and prayers are with the Alexander family, their friends and supporters, Juan Martinez and Det. Flores and all those who have worked so hard to find justice for Travis.

In the end, I know Jodi will get exactly what she deserves.

Something during this trial convinced these jurors on how they were going to vote.
It is what it is and thats it.
I would prefer to have a hung jury of people who held on to their beliefs than one that was full of weak people who were influenced and swayed by the more domineering jurors.

I want to say thanks to Mr. Juan Martinez, Detective Flores, all of the investigators and technicians, Dr. Kevin Horn, Dr. Demarte, all of the other prosecution witnesses. Also, I want to thank the jurors for doing their duty, as they saw it. All of these people worked so hard and I offer my thanks to them. They helped convict this woman of premeditated 1st degree murder. I offer my heart and prayers to the Alexander family. I feel lucky to have come to know more about them and their wonderful brother.

Per Sheriff Joe, she will remain at Estrella Jail in closed custody in her cell 23 hours a day. She will also not be allowed to give any more media interviews.

Well, this is good. And I don't agree with anyone who says she "wins". On death row she may never be executed anyway. Either way she loses. The murder 1 conviction was a victory on the way for justice. My prayers are with his sweet family who has to suffer more agonizing days of seeing Travis's murderer. Poor poor Stephen. I don't blame the entire jury but one of them must be a super duper moron to buy Jodi's BS. I don't care if they had moral beliefs. That person clearly thought JA could make a world changing impact with her janky hair donations.

Nah, I disagree, I thought from go that their greatest hope was keeping her off death row. They can now say she didn't go down on their watch.

That's one way of looking at it, I think there was one juror who lied on the juror questionnaire. <shrug>

If the DT had won, the verdict today would have been life. IMO they still lost. :seeya:

Complaining about them could be done in a much better way than some of the posts here. I won't repeat it, but it's totally uncalled for. :twocents:

I try and skim that stuff so I missed it or it was deleted.

FWIW, I am really disappointed in them. A lot. Even more than the Pinellas 12.

The duty of this jury was to finish this marathon, imvho. I dont think they gave it much effort. I think the Alexanders should have received way more consideration.

http://www.maricopacountyattorney.o...ney-Comments-on-Outcome-in-State-v-Arias.html

County Attorney Comments on Outcome in State v. Jodi Ann Arias

PHOENIX, AZ (May 23, 2013) – Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery released the following statement in response to the lack of a unanimous decision in the penalty phase of State v. Jodi Ann Arias:

“We appreciate the jury’s work in the guilt and aggravation phases of the trial and now we will assess, based upon available information, what the next steps will be. As of this point in time, the Court has set a Status Conference for June 20 and we will proceed with the intent to retry the penalty phase. Because, for purposes of a jury determination on punishment, this is still a pending matter, there will be no further comment.”

###

I wish we knew how it was split. I think even if we didn't find out who voted which way it would explain a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I want to know this so so bad right now. Just the numbers, they don't have to come out and speak. Although I would love to hear from those who felt she deserved the DP becuase it seems Jodi is very in tune with what is said about her in court. If people come on from the Jury and say they felt she deserved the DP it would bring her down a peg or two. I don't beleive she is in a bubble. For goodness sakes she flips Nancy off in court.

So I do hope some come out and talk but I would totally understand if they don't. Especially today. The ones who wanted to carry this through (from what is reported from the court room) had outward reactions to the family. Saying I'm sorry, one guy said to another Jury look we need to go, let's go. It's like they want to wrap their arms around the family and let them know how hard they tried.

I feel so sorry for those Jurors and this family. I feel NOTHING for Jodi who feels she won. This is why she needs the DP becuase anything less to her means she won. And it's what the Alexander family wants.

I believe in the system. There must be a reason Im not seeing as to why this happpened.

I can't say for sure but I think Travis' family would rather have a new trial. They may be able to go back to their homes, rest, recuperate and come back recharged for the second sentencing phase.

It is a huge win for them. I doubt it's due to any legal skills so much as just a product of one recalcitrant juror. Either way, it's a "win" in the sense that not being shuttled straight to death row is a win.

That is what the defense lawyers want you to believe, it is a win. And the talking heads to keep this circus going. Spending your life in prison, assuming she gets LWOP, is not a win by any standards. Granted it is better than Death, but a win, I think not. If the state did not seek the death penalty there would be no win for the defense. moo

I hope this is true! No settling! Let's do it again and this time JM will be even better! Justice for Travis!

p.s. I suppose this means that none of us is allowed to get off this trial and go back to our real lives until this is over. A couple of months more...:scared:

We have about 8 weeks to get caught up on the housework!

I'm going to start freezing meals early July! ;)

You're correct.

Sometimes ya gotta be careful what you wish for.

She earned a death sentence...

Either way she will never set foot outside as a free woman

Either way she will die behind bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know she's never getting out. And I wasn't invested in the DP either. I just wanted them to reach a verdict. And I've never seen a hung jury referred to as a verdict in my life until today.

I knew this would happen, they would render something while I was in class. I'm just disgusted and my heart breaks for the Alexander family.

Is there any way we can have a thread here at WS inviting the jurors to come and watch and see everything they've missed, all Jodi's interviews, all the stuff that they weren't privy too while serving as jurors.

I truly want those who wouldn't agree to the DP to feel horrible, I want them to literally feel the Alexander families pain.

Who does this? Who during voir dier says they could render a DP verdict, then when the time comes to do it backs out?

I'm just furious as I know most of you are as well!

God bless the Alexander family!

I would like to be a little birdie when the juror (or jurors) that think CKJA doesn't deserve the DP for the savage way she murdered Travis, sees her recent interview when she said she feels betrayed by the jury.

YES .. NO NEGOTIATION .. they're still going for the DP .. Juan has more time to get those interviews in, and more time to strike down mitigators with evidence .. I think it's going to be fine people! The jury did their best, at least they didn't all cave and go with life :)

ITA.

BBM

THAT would have been a win for the DT.

They didn't win.

JM will win next time around.

So, jurors are now able to speak to reporters? I hope we hear from the minority; whether the 'minority' is DP or life. I'd be interested in knowing why they decided the way they did.

Come on, with the interviews!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member