Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
:twocents: Yes this jury CONVICTED ... BUT ... they did NOT finish the job were supposed to do !

In other words, they passed the ball, IMO ...

I do not understand how criticism of this jury is the same as "bashing" them.

It would have been a real help to get some sort of statement from them this evening so we could at least know SOMETHING -- ANYTHING -- as to WHY they were NOT unanimous ...

I wish at least ONE of them would have spoken immediately -- at least to help squash some of the speculation ...

So we have no statement to go on ... we can only assume that at least one of those jurors either did NOT tell the truth when questioned about the DP, or we can assume that maybe one of the jurors "bought" JA's LIES during her last "performance" in the courtroom ... and no telling what the reason could be why one or more juror(s) could not render the DP ...

The DP is what the Alexander Family wanted ... they did NOT get Justice, and neither did Travis ...

Someone on that jury let Travis and his Family down today ...

It's a very sad day for Travis and his Family ... and it's NOT their fault ...

It's the FAULT of someone [or more] on that jury ...

MOO MOO and MOO

:moo:

I agree. Dissecting and critiquing the jury is not bashing.

Until a few years ago, I used to believe that everything happened for a reason and then something happened in my life that was devastating and changed my life for ever and it challenged me to believe that. Days like this remind me of that. However this time in my life also made reaffirmed for me I have a choice in how I use my energy - I can either be sad and angry and vent, something I still choose to do at times or I can try and be positive and use my energy well. And so I'll *try* to keep the faith, I'll be sad for the Alexanders, for JM and for JSS and pray they can all regroup. Justice will still prevail. The CM is still convicted of 1st degree murder, cruelty has been established and so last but not least I'll remind us all of Travis's words:

"The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the individual walking the path"

Today although we don't feel like it will be a stepping stone towards justice.
Love you Gauntlet....hugs...I know how you feel..
...going through our tragedy there was a phrase...
About making a choice to ....something along the lines of , you can choose to come out bitter or better...
None of us want to choose bitter...
And it's difficult to see how it could be " better"...( and you don't ever really come out so much as muddle through....but, anyway, it's true,
It is a conscious choice, to try and choose not to be bitter...
to try somehow to be better...and with tremendous loss and grief and sorrow one learns the value of empathy and truly appreciating what is truth and beauty in everyday life...
We may not have received the verdict we wanted today - or the solace and piece of closure for the stoic, innocent beautiful Alexander family..
But justice was served by theM1 conviction, friendships were made, special acts of random kindness for the family shone through and we all hoped together for a similar goal across many miles and continents..
We can cherish the strength of Juan, and detective Flores, and the jury and the judge....
There is even still hope that DP will be the ultimate verdict....
Until then we can choose to accept with grace the decision rendered today...and to rely on this...
That we may be granted the serenity to accept the things we cannot change
Courage to change those we can..
And wisdom to know the difference...

..each day we can honour the spirit of Travis through kindness and compassion... Take care all I am off to bed...

Sorry for rambling.....

The Pinellas twelve let the killer WALK AWAY FREE. How can you compare the two situations?

This jury got to a unanimous GUILTY VERDICT of AGGRAVATED< PREMEDITATED CAPITAL MURDER. How can they be compared to the Pinellas 12? That seems very unfair.

Because I understand why the Pinellas 12 let her walk away.

This one I dont understand. I dont understand why 14+ hours is enough.

I'm saddened for Travis' loved ones because now this nightmare continues on even longer. It must must seem unending and horrific for them.

But I do not see this as a huge win for jodi! I'm surprised that so many do. It's no win. I;m not tearful or upset about it all, except for what it does to Travis' family. A huge win would have been if they couldn't find jodi guilty of Murder 1 or could not find aggravators.

We are good guys. We are in a good position. And now Juan Martinez has a second chance at a new jury. Since all the facts and the law are on his side and none on jodi's, that's not a horrible thing.

Have we heard from any jurors yet? Do we know if the gag against them has been lifted?

The Judge told them they may talk about it if they want to. So far none have. Reporters tried as they were leaving.

Just got home from city council meeting and saw the clip of the non verdict. WTF was Jodi crying for? Does she realize probably 11 people wanted to stick a needle in her and her media blitz will get the 12th one next time?

Hung jury is too nice a term.

This was a mistrial in the sentencing phase.

Mistrial = Miscarriage of Justice

Mistrial is ALWAYS a win for the Defense.

The convicted torture-murderess continues to maintain all of the hope that she denied to Travis Alexander. :stormingmad:

Hey jury, tell it to her:

TortureMurderess_zpsdd89a04b.jpg

And to them:

TortureMurderessSibs_zps0e9bf926.jpg

I'll try to ask one of my questions more succinctly:

If the case is re-tried for the DP, would that set CMFA up for an even stronger appeal and then possibly get to be a free citizen again?

The Arizona system (retry DP) has been ruled Constitutional by US Supreme Court

((((((Group hug to everyone))))))

We won't forget about Justice for Travis!!!!

I'm sad right now for Travis' family and friends that this gets dragged out even more.
I think the jury in the end did the right thing. Seems like Travis' family wants death so its good that they came back hung. Maybe they can get the sentence they want in the end.
Has this ever happened before? How easy would it be to use this with any appeals after the sentencing is done?
Will they have to go through the whole trial again? Or is there only certain things they can go over now?

Someone lied when asked if they could apply the death penalty.
As NG said, look at the autopsy photos again, she slaughtered Travis like a pig in a barn, what else would she have to do to deserve death?
Someone sabotaged this from the start.

WOW! IMO That is a really extreme thing to say! We have no evidence that anyone on the jury lied. Just because they say they can give the death penalty doesn't mean they have promised to do so. They have done nothing wrong. IMO, JMO, etc.

I'm saddened for Travis' loved ones because now this nightmare continues on even longer. It must must seem unending and horrific for them.

But I do not see this as a huge win for jodi! I'm surprised that so many do. It's no win. I;m not tearful or upset about it all, except for what it does to Travis' family. A huge win would have been if they couldn't find jodi guilty of Murder 1 or could not find aggravators.

We are good guys. We are in a good position. And now Juan Martinez has a second chance at a new jury. Since all the facts and the law are on his side and none on jodi's, that's not a horrible thing.

Have we heard from any jurors yet? Do we know if the gag against them has been lifted?

The Judge said they are free to talk

How very disappointing for the Alexander family and my heart goes out to them. I am positive Jodi will try more antics, fire her attorney's and they will have to start the process again:(

Thank you jury for CONVICTING this killer of 1st degree murder.

Thank you for finding it an especially CRUEL murder.

Thank you for putting your lives on hold for MONTHS to try and get justice.

Thank you for not "settling" for Life in Prison, leaving death a possibility.

Thank you.
:seeya:

I will NEVER serve on a jury.

I am thankful that Travis' killer & Shaniya's killer were BOTH convicted of murder.

Considering so many will never even have THAT amount of justice... I can live with it for now.
:twocents:

I don't see how this is a huge win for the DT. Their client has been convicted of first degree murder (a huge DT loss), and a verdict of especiallty cruel (another huge DT loss).

The penalty phase will go ahead with the same 2 options, life or death.

Their client will never get out of prison. That's a huge loss for the DT.

If I was Jodi's DA, I would want her rear end to stay in jail, Even they know she is guilty.

I bet Nurmi is happy he no longer has to deal with Jodi.

Thats something that only the DP could assure. Life could mean parole in 25 years. At least one (and I suspect more like 11) jurors were not willing to take that chance - to see her get out in fewer years than Travis had or will ever have, just to do it all over again.

Now that makes way more sense. Thank you.

My heart breaks for the Alexanders. :(

I'll try to ask one of my questions more succinctly:

If the case is re-tried for the DP, would that set CMFA up for an even stronger appeal and then possibly get to be a free citizen again?

No!! There is always an automatic appeal with the DP...JSS was IMO overly cautious to ensure there were no grounds for other appeals. I kinda bet she wishes she had no been so overly cautious.

Has anyone heard about the interview Hayden was going to do with Juan following the verdict? tia

Troy Hayden &#8207;@troyhaydenfox10 54m

“@bethde6: @troyhaydenfox10 is Juan keeping his word and speaking to you 90 mins after verdict?” No verdict. #FOX10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak