Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps jury foreman thinks that this telling interview will help the defense strategy during next phase, he could very well have been for life.

Don't keep CM on the stand too long,
and some of us jurors believed the emotional abuse.

Guess what the DT will put much focus and energy on in the next go round...

IMO

JM is going to HAVE to find a way to frame those emails and text messages in context including what SHE did to deserve it.

BBM: Yes she is -- especially when she hears the jury foreman "bought" her LIES about "domestic abuse" ...

In her "warped mind" she fooled him and she will be able to fool some more ... sick ... :puke:

Unbelievable ...

I am still shocked ... stunned ... and sick ...

:moo:

Did you watch the same interview I did? he said NOTHING about domestic abuse. NOTHING!!!

Look, I'm on YOUR side. I wanted her to get the DP yesterday. I hate her, I think she's a cold blooded killer. But the fact remains, Travis could have EASILY walked away from her numerous times and chose to continue on with the sexual aspect of their relationship long after the stalking behaviour started. Yet he didnt. Is that an excuse for what she did? NO, absolutely not. But I can totally understand why some older generation people can see why that is considered emotionally abusive.

But same thing can be said for her, right? Why did she continue on with the sexual aspect of their relationship after the abusive behaviour started? SHE could have easily walked away.

I hate her too. :(

I respect your opinion and understand where you're coming from.

But I think it would be hard to let go the fact that with LWOP, she will be allowed some sort of "life" in prison. She will be able to interact with others and have many more freedoms than she would if she was on DR.

So I think that's maybe where people have a hard time letting go of the DP option and just "letting her be." In some way, she sort of wins, ya know?

i think this is an excellent point because every time something goes her way, it pisses me off to no end. doing those interviews, for instance. she was SO HAPPY she was center stage and she took full advantage of it.
then, because the DT put on no mitigation witnesses, JM couldn't even use her post-conviction interview!!! so she WON. i hate when she wins!

in reality, i just need to get over it. i'll be dead and gone and she'll still be in prison----whether she's waiting to be executed or not.

This jury voted YES for premeditation, right?

The main difference between first degree and second murder is "premeditation". Under Arizona Revised Statute 13-1105, first degree murder is defined as:

"Premeditation" means that the defendant intended to kill another human being or knew [he] [she] would kill another human being, and that after forming that intent or knowledge, reflected on the decision before killing. It is this reflection, regardless of the length of time in which it occurs, that distinguishes first degree murder from second degree murder. An act is not done with premeditation if it is the instant effect of a sudden quarrel or heat of passion. [The time needed for reflection is not necessarily prolonged, and the space of time between the intent or knowledge to kill and the act of killing may be very short.]

http://www.defendingarizona.com/State-Crimes/Homicide.shtml

I also agree that trying to get her to plea to LWOP and dropping appeals is the best direction since there really is no guarantee she'll get the DP. But ultimately it should be the family's decision and if they want to continue on, so be it.

Do you think this murderer would agree to LWOP and waive appeals ? For some reason I do not believe she would.

Having trouble breaking up? That is the understatement of the century. I definitely see things in a completely different way.

Oh Lord I agree with you. JA having trouble breaking up is like saying Cain had a little problem getting along with Abel.

I respect your opinion and understand where you're coming from.

But I think it would be hard to let go the fact that with LWOP, she will be allowed some sort of "life" in prison. She will be able to interact with others and have many more freedoms than she would if she was on DR.

So I think that's maybe where people have a hard time letting go of the DP option and just "letting her be." In some way, she sort of wins, ya know?

I agree with you, it's too hard a choice for the family to make. It's legally not their decision and never should be. Consideration...absolutely. But never their decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO her voice cracked while thanking jurors for their service to their community.
I have no problem with her being a bit emotional while thanking them for doing their civic duty for a long five months.

Just saw a friend of Travis Alexander on HLN. He was describing the hardship the family has endured. To put an end to their torture and JA's continued ability to hurt them, I hope they and the prosecutor decide to take LWOP. The only factor would be if the judge would impose this sentenced. I do not know what legal factors are that the judge must consider during a sentencing phase. No previous criminal record? Lack of remorse? An 8-4 vote for the death penalty? The mitigating factors listed by the defense? Her age? Does anyone know how the judge's decision may be limited during sentencing?

The other benefit if she gets LWOP is that she won't get all those automatic appeals paid for by the state.

I heard a judge say the other day that 70% of all death sentences get overturned on appeal. There is a very good chance she would never be executed. She'll be in the same type of cell and have minimal privileges for at least 5 years. Given how bad the conditions sound like at Perryville, I think we can all be satisfied Jodi will get a just punishment either way.

Travis got justice when she was convicted, we can't lose sight of that.

Have you seen the autopsy photographs by chance?? If so, you can easily see *reason* why there would be jurors who would not settle no matter what. They strongly believed that if anyone deserved the death penalty it's her and were (rightfully, imo) unwilling to compromise even knowing I'm sure how badly the family wanted closure. They would rather hang and hope the next jury delivers the death penalty then give her life where she can work down to medium security and get to have some freedom. I commend them for making such a tough decision and sticking with their convictions. jmo.

Ok. You're saying that's the reason. I can respect that.

Now, imagine if they came back with Life. The hullaboo today would be --they couldn't give her death? With those photos? And all this evidence?
What idiots!

You see, once they were hung [and I suspect they were hung on the case in chief], there was nothing they could do right in the eyes of the public who wants her dead.

But, in their collective wisdom, they did what they thought was best for this case and this family--Guilty, Guilty, Hung.

I'm not going to second guess them.

IMO

There was another case involving a woman going on a long freeway ride from Colorado to I think AZ?? death spree where she hid gas purchases etc. to kill her ex and his new wife also featured on 48 HOurs. I have been thinking Jodi possibly got ideas from that case. The woman almost got away with that crime and without her daughters testimony against her may never been convicted.

And what about the woman who wore depends and drove to FL to kill her ex or something like that. Not that JA wore depends, but your post made me think about that case.

I don't know why that should matter to him, but even if it did, he was not allowed to see that evidence.

That's not his fault. That's our legal system.

IMO

It SHOULD matter because a jury should be allowed to see ALL THE EVIDENCE, IMO !

- She just SLAUGHTERED Travis 29 times, slit him throat from ear-to-ear, and shot him in the head --

-Then she buys a 9 mm, is preparing to "go on the run" and is found with a 9 mm and KNIVES packed in the "getaway car" --

- And the jury is NOT allowed to see or hear this ?

:waitasec: "Our legal system" is BROKEN and needs a SERIOUS FIXIN' !

It favors the murderer and NOT the VICTIM !

:moo:

I don't know if I want to get into another trail after 3 years of CA and 5 months of this one because it seams to stay on my mind all the time and I get so into it...Will you all be keeping up with new trails if so which one will you be following just in case I change my mind...I feel like the people on here are like family and understanding and caring about others so much and I will miss reading the post that are posted on here....Smiles and hugs your way

I disagree. She is nothing like the vast majority of the other inmates. They will hate her. Despise her. Women in prison are far more brutal than men. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other inmates will hate her. She is extremely arrogant, condescending, and judgmental, and she thinks the sun revolves around her. And she's just plain annoying.

What bothers me about LWOP is that after quite a (g0od) few years, if the CM behaves, she can work her way down to medium security. And in 25 years she gets to repetition the State. I realise that's not to say the State's response would be any different.

A friend posted this on Facebook. It's a very interesting view of what Jodi faces when she goes to Perryville Prison or any prison in Arizona. It's enough to make you cringe....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJTBLd-72fg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJTBLd-72fg[/ame]

The jury foreperson is usually a strong-minded individual...but some of the statements that he made seem to show that he was rigid in his opinions and may have leaned on some of the less sure jurors...."We couldn't allow ourselves" "My jurors""It had to"...I have mixed emotions about it I guess, because that's the purpose of deliberations, but him speaking in absolutes just rubs me the wrong way. What do you think? BBM...

"But we couldn't allow ourselves to be emotional and for that I am very proud of my jurors, they did a fantastic job of holding it together - though it was a different story when we got into the jury room. Speaking about Travis Alexander, he said: 'I am very sure in my own mind that Jodi was mentally and verbally abusedby him (not by Mr. Alexander..by "him") . Is that an excuse? Of course not. Did it factor into the decision we made? It has to."

He sounds more like a protective "Daddy" shepherding his flock than leader material. Sounds like he went with his feelings rather than reason. There's no doubt in my mind that he comes across as rigid. The Boss. Not a critical thinker, certainly not a CEO. Big mistake.

Heads up...Please be prepared to move to a new thread in 15 minutes... I will be back with the link.

What bothers me about LWOP is that after quite a (g0od) few years, if the CM behaves, she can work her way down to medium security. And in 25 years she gets to repetition the State. I realise that's not to say the State's response would be any different.

She will not be able to stand not being the center of attention for one week much less one year. Once she is finally released into GP, she will have a compelling need to relive her old Estrella Days of Glory and that will be that. lol

JA will never accept LWOP. She will gamble her life away plus it gives her yet another opportunity to be center of attention. Why sit in a small cell when you can sit in a courtroom with your BFFs, have make-up on and yack away to the jury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni