Verdict is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sick. Absolutely sick. No justice for the VICTIM in this case. All of my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

MSNBC is fanning the flames right now. If there is violence it is on them, imo. They are saying that this verdict means that black men's lives are worthless in our society now. AND THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS VERDICT MEANS.

DISGUSTING! Aren't they the ones that edited the 911 tapes too?

So relieved with this verdict!!!!!!!!!!!!! GZ did not deserve to go to prison.

It's over. Tough, tough case.

At least we know THESE jurors worked on this case, unlike in a certain other Florida case.

Looking forward to Tricia's show.

After Richard Hornsby's comments tonight after the clarification request and this verdict, I'm certain he knows his stuff.

Well, I will never go to Florida again! That State's laws are disgusting!

I would never go to Florida again, either, but not because of their laws. Because of those sinkholes!

I won't lie, I haven't been following this case in Websleuths and maybe y'all know something that I don't but I'm amazed at how many people are happy about this.

Up here where I live this is devastating news.

I don't know how he can smile. Self defense or not, Trayvon is dead.

I don't believe I could ever move past that but I've also been accused of being too soft-hearted, so what do I know.

This is also true..I am very soft hearted as well.....

Like a few others here, I wanted the prosecution to prove their case. I do NOT think GZ is without blame here, I DO NOT. But if you went solely on the basis of the evidence provided, this verdict is not shocking. There just wasn't enough evidence to go on. I'm not sure justice was served in this case, but I think the legal system worked...like it or not. I think the jury did what they felt was the right thing to do. Nothing like the Pinellas 12.

I feel very bad for Trayvon's family. :cry:

Where are Trayvon's parents??

With riots that are predicted, I am betting that they are with police trying to figure out how to keep the community from rioting. They must at least try to keep things calm, even if they did not get the verdict that they wanted.

No "winners" here today. The jury reached the "correct" decisions based on the law as it is written. Reminder to us all. Let's go out tomorrow and sow some peace - and endeavor to make good decisions.

Why would GZ no acknowledge his family or his wife when walking past them? That is so strange.

IMO he didn't acknowledge them so he wouldn't show any emotion. Often when I'm emotional I can hold it in but if I look at my family I'd be a mess.

I don't know how he can smile. Self defense or not, Trayvon is dead.

I don't believe I could ever move past that but I've also been accused of being too soft-hearted, so what do I know.

Because he was afraid for months that he would spend a good part of his life in prison.. HE is glad not to be going to jail.

It is not joy over the situation.. Just relief..

I would have collapsed if it were me..

PRAISE GOD!!!! Justice has been served!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All of my posts are as always MY OPINION ONLY unless a link is provided!

Like a few others here, I wanted the prosecution to prove their case. I do NOT think GZ is without blame here, I DO NOT. But if you went solely on the basis of the evidence provided, this verdict is not shocking. There just wasn't enough evidence to go on. I'm not sure justice was served in this case, but I think the legal system worked...like it or not. I think the jury did what they felt was the right thing to do. Nothing like the Pinellas 12.

I feel very bad for Trayvon's family. :cry:

Absolutely, well said.

This should have never gone to court. The people that originally investigated this got it right. I think the bums in office now should all be thrown out! If heads don't roll, it's more corrupt down there then we'll ever know!

I felt that the state was out to get Zimmerman at all cost.
It didn't work for them. I didn't believe state had a case to begin with. Not with FL self-defense laws.

I am very sad for Trayvon's family, but I feel justice was served tonight. I am impressed by this jury pushing through to a verdict. It could not have been eay.

I came into this thinking George had to be guilty, had to pay, but tried to keep an open mind. I watched every day and the prosecution was never able to establish their case beyond a reasonable doubt. That's what matters, not how awful it is that a young man lost his life and another life was likely ruined.

I wish George stayed in his car and the two of them never met. It was a tragic interaction, but I am glad the justice system worked today.

Prayers for both families and prayers for a peaceful reaction.

With riots that are predicted, I am betting that they are with police trying to figure out how to keep the community from rioting. They must at least try to keep things calm, even if they did not get the verdict that they wanted.

I never believed there would be riots...

If anything, there will be flash mobs taking advantage of the situation...

The problem is that the state was wrong to charge him. They only charged him due to pressure.

under the LAW GZ met the requirements for self defense under Florida law.

That is the end of it.

The state did not prove it to the jury just like they did not prove it to many of us who watched the trial and only got our information from there.

My heart hurts for Trayvon's mother. I am not rejoicing.. I am glad that the jury followed the evidence. But I am not happy that his parents are broken from the loss of their son.
Nothing will ever make that better. Ever.

AC, the DA, coming up for re-election- that is why he was charged, imo.

Disappointing day and decision.

I am more disgusted by this verdict than I was by the Casey Anthony decision. Not because I am watching another monster go free, though that's bad enough, but because he is walking out the door a hero to too dammed many people.

This was a case that many of us were passionate about. For some of us, this case will stand as yet another reminder that equal justice remains a myth. Not that we needed the reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82