Verdict is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they can now invoke the immunity from Stand your Ground Castle Doctrine and I believe that will prevent civil lawsuits.

That's what MOM said. I believe stand your ground protects from civil lawsuits as well.

Yes I am.

But they're organizing a protest and have yet to do anything wrong. Are you really supporting the arrest of people who have committed no crimes?

I didn't say they should be arrested, I said they are not a peaceful group. Never have been, never will be.

I HOPE people remember this. :please:

"For Trayvon to rest in peace, we must all be peaceful."

The NBC reporter covering the verdict mentioned that TM's parents were lead to a separate room (sometimes used by lawyers) in the courthouse. So, yes they were there, just out of public view. Hope this helps. :seeya:
According to The Martin's attorneys, they went back to Miami so they could attend their home church tomorrow. Given the history of this case I would be wary of trusting anything NBC reports.

So the jury is forever concealed? I am glad for them.. But I thought that they had to release names eventually ..
Sunshine laws and all?

In other Florida News... SICKENING!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57433184/fla-mom-gets-20-years-for-firing-warning-shots/

(CBS News) JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Florida woman who fired warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.

With stand your ground you have to shoot to kill and not warning shots. Crazy world we live in.

Omg seriously! What is with the media harping on riots?? Has there been evidence of a single riot?? Stop already!

Because it would be news- and it would make a lot of GZ's supporters feel even more self righteous in their pre-judgement of young African Americans.

But it is really hard to win a civil after a full acquittal. And O'Mara just announced that he will be fighting for full immunity from any civil proceedings since he was found Not Guilty.

In a civil trial you only have to tip the scale of justice. Instead of reasonable doubt as in criminal law, a preponderance of the evidence has to be on your side. You have to prove the person responsible.

In other Florida News... SICKENING!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57433184/fla-mom-gets-20-years-for-firing-warning-shots/

(CBS News) JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Florida woman who fired warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.

Since that is just a news report and not actual evidence, I don't see how we can even go there.

How did Taffee know? Jury deliberation is supposed to be unknown.
Have you ever read any of Taffee's tweets? He expresses very racist thoughts on twitter.

JMO
No I dont follow him on twitter but I did read on another board that he was saying he knew already and everyone was wondering how he knew, some say he knows the people shuffling the jury in and out of the courtroom, I was just commenting that he obviously did know.

Teach her to respect adults and not to run around your neighborhood late at night. TRAYVON accosted GZ and beat him....GZ HAD A RIGHT TO PROTECT HIMSELF...therefore not guilty. Moo

Excuse me? My daughter has every right to walk our neighborhood at any time she is allowed by law and by her parents. Who are YOU to say otherwise?

What an evil, hateful thing to say.

How did Taffee know? Jury deliberation is supposed to be unknown.
Have you ever read any of Taffee's tweets? He expresses very racist thoughts on twitter.

JMO

Taffee didn't know. I posted the same thing, but before I could submit my reply, I heard Taffee (on TV) saying exactly what I was ready to post, and I even wrote, "OMG, Taffee just said the same thing I was writing". It was just a feeling I had, and evidently a feeling he had.

Quite honestly, the biggest lesson I learned from this trial is that the media is ruthless and repulsive. They will try to change present, history, and future - all for the benefit of ratings.

It's truly frightening.

Not interested in hearing McCollum and Glass, Hornsby spew. The show is totally one-sided, IMO.

Sorry Trayvon. You deserved better. :*(

The show is not totally one-sided. Tricia welcomes new information, differing opinions, and polite discussion of the issues.

Quite honestly, the biggest lesson I learned from this trial is that the media is ruthless and repulsive. They will try to change past, history, and future - all for the benefit of ratings.

It's truly frightening.

ITA. Zimmerman can sue them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members