Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't already, please join me and 37 others to "light a virtual candle" for Justice for Travis. I know we can do better than 38 folks to say a special prayer or just light a candle from wherever you are in the world. I'm sure Travis and his family could use our support.

I just hope they're reading here and see/know that folks here got their back no matter what the outcome. We will never forget you, Travis! Your heart will live on in ours forever.

Please feel free to add/share this link to everyone you know!

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=TVA

I hope Juan goes home and sleeps for the whole weekend! This has been a long and hard fought battle for him and Detective Flores. I do believe they will get a conviction of murder one. I really wish he would have taken the time to remind the jurors of her own words...that no jury would convict her...and she would pray for the death penalty...just to make her eat those words. But for whatever reason, he chose not to do that. He appeared very tired and worn at the end. But he should be. We all are. He is a brilliant prosecutor and certainly pointed out repeatedly that "this man never laid a hand on her". I am glad he stood up for Travis.

Juan, get some rest. We are all so proud of you!

An added bonus, I never have to hear Jennifer's or Kirk's voices, ever again. :)

Brought over from previous thread

Perhaps this poster didn't hear all the "facts" the DT listed without any proof, not to mention nurmi's argument that the defendant never said she returned the gas can to the same Walmart. I believe he erred on that one!

I find it very slimy that Nurmi lied to the jury about the gas cans and I really wished Juan pulled out the transcript that I quote up thread to clear up any doubts regarding this issue. The jury now has to remember and go back for verification. I'd rather it had been demonstrated right there during closing to make Nurmi look like the lying fool that he is.

Just for review:

No defense blood spatter analyst testified.
No defense medical examiner testified.
No one that ever witnessed Travis being abusive testified.
No one ever testified for the defense that Travis was treating her poorly, using her, etc.
No one testified to, as the defense would have you believe, Travis' prolific sexual history.

If I were a juror...I would seriously be wondering where the backbone of the defense's case actually was. If they told me Travis had ridden a zebra the Sunday before he died - I'd want pictures of a zebra, and not a giraffe. Why tell me x, y, and z but not prove it, unless it can't be proven, and if that's the case it comes down to the account of a known and proven liar who has more motivation to lie now than ever before. A defendant that had the gall and audacity to lie to those who will determine her fate, directly.

This is common sense in my opinion...and this jury has proven time and again to be astute, paying careful consideration to what's being presented, every bit as much as what's not, and even questioning why not at times - all while asking pointed questions aimed directly at the defendant's integrity, of almost every witness the defense proffered. I just don't see anything less than a unanimous vote for guilt, murder first degree.

MOO

YES! No backbone to the defence. I didn't expect this. It was weak. He offered some alternate possibilities but that's it. Nurmi didn't paint a strong portrait or picture anywhere.

Just tuned in shortly before the end of court. Caught JA with her head bent and her eyes closed. Made me think. "Is she really praying?" Then I got to wondering, what would a prayer to God from her be like right now?

Would she admit the truth to God? Would she pray for Travis's soul? Would she try to explain to God how Travis deserved it? Would she pray that she not receive the death penalty? Would she pray to be set free? Would she pray for JM to drop dead?

Or was she just practicing her mind over matter skills and trying to lift a paper off the table?

Which juror is he? I would read too much into that... it was a LONG day, a LONG week, they are at the end of a long 4 months and headed into a very stressful phrase. It's been emotional. Those seats are not comfortable. Lord help me if I was judged by my posture and fidgety behavior. I don't see any of that as a big deal. IMO
Paul Rudd. I think he was No. 7.

Hopeful the jury took a quick poll, they all said guilty, decided to sleep on it over the weekend and wait til Monday just to be diligent...

Reasking my question from the other thread...how did Nurmi handle Jodi's lie about returning the gas can?

He basically said that she could have returned it anywhere.

JM responded by reminding the jury that....

JA testified she returned the gas can to the same store in which she purchased it.

3 separate purchases for gas were made, and the amount of gas purchased is equivalent to putting gas in the car and cans.

The receipt didn't have the gas can circled, nor the initials of the cashier, something that would be done if she had returned it to WalMart anywhere in the U.S.

Carried over from closed thread:

JMHOO, but I think they probably selected a foreman and set their schedule and that's about it today. Doesn't seem like they had time for much more.

I agree, doubt there was much more time to do anything else. I've served on jury for a civil and two criminal trials. Lived in city limits of a largish city, and registered to vote right away. I was called within two months for first trial and 3 more times in next two years. I actually had to go to one jury selection and remind them I had just served 7 months previous. Foreman selection can take a good half hour, and then there was discussion of best times to deliberate with people having 12 different home/work/kid schedules.

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 7m
Group Prayer scheduled this Sunday,6p.m. PST. Go to "JodiAriasfriendsand family" Facebook group for details. Thank you and God bless.

That makes me want to throw up.

Please tell me that is a joke.

Nope ... not a joke ... Jodi's BFF from :jail: "tweets" for her ...

Oh, that would be Donovan, who sits there in the front row "drooling" over her :puke:

They pass the notes with the tweets through the mit spec ...

:moo:

That female Defense attorney Gomez? on JVM.. looks like she could pass for Jodi Arias

Did anyone just see JVM just kidnap some poor woman and not let her leave until she answered all of Jane's questions? That was obnoxious.

Yeah I'm lil ticked she did that to Barb (think her name) she's a friend of TA's & worked with him at PPL.. She's an extremely nice woman with unwavering support & devotion to TAs sibs..

That was very very wrong.. Bad JVM Bad Reporter!

Pony Tail, Head Phones and Barb.

Wow! What a bummer. Barb and Pony Tail were sooooooo invested. I imagine all jurors are, but they seemed to be attentive note takers and questioners.

It must also rankle the defense that they have a lot of males on the jury.

Very interesting.

Thank you!! :seeya:

I hope Juan goes home and sleeps for the whole weekend! This has been a long and hard fought battle for him and Detective Flores. I do believe they will get a conviction of murder one. I really wish he would have taken the time to remind the jurors of her own words...that no jury would convict her...and she would pray for the death penalty...just to make her eat those words. But for whatever reason, he chose not to do that. He appeared very tired and worn at the end. But he should be. We all are. He is a brilliant prosecutor and certainly pointed out repeatedly that "this man never laid a hand on her". I am glad he stood up for Travis.

Juan, get some rest. We are all so proud of you!

An added bonus, I never have to hear Jennifer's or Kirk's voices, ever again. :)

You forget about penalty phase lol. We're not rid of them yet.:facepalm:

Would it even matter if she said she returned it to another store? Does WalMart only have records of what is in each particular store or computerized by the SKU # for all locations?

Second Walmart in Salinas did not even open until 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa