Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say, I'm kind of pissed at the shelters accepting help from a killer like her. I'd gladly donate to victims of domestic violence, but NEVER like this. This is nothing but a shameless plot by a violent evil woman to create the appearance that she cares for those who actually suffer at the hand of their partners. If she had been found not guilty, I'd understand the shelters being willing to accept money from her, but not this soon. Not this way.

And she's a freaking LIAR that has never been abused a day in her pathetic life!!!!
CURSING.gif

I find ANY organization, even one in need of funding, to be HIGHLY suspect if they accept any money raised from this BS!!

Maybe people should start calling Long Beach and ask them if they are really working with this killer, or is this some "new" shelter that the killer and her merry band of idiots created?

Just read about Judge Belvin Perry's recent comments on the TODAY show. Says there was enough to convict (duh!), and he was "shocked" at the verdict. If it weren't for the jury questions in this case, I would not underestimate the stupidity of this, or any, jury pool. But they have proved their sophistication beyond a reasonable doubt! May common sense prevail!

But...you aren't alone. I'll have a strawberry one please. I can't think of a better way to start an Oregon afternoon with a little booze and fruit! :floorlaugh:

Poo. I have to drive kiddo to soccer in a few hours. I'll wait til the evening!

What about Corpus? Or Padre?

I spent many a summer at Padre Island when I was young. It remember the soft warm sand and the rolling dunes. My family would pack up for one week every summer and head there. We would rendezvous with aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and it was so insanely wonderful. I come from a huge family and there was like 26 first cousins and we were like a horde of banshees frolicking on the beach from sun up to sundown.

Our parents would lose track of us for an entire day sometimes but it was never a big deal. We would always make it back to beach base camp for lunch and snacks. Parents stayed in the same spot all day long playing cards and enjoying adult beverages. At the end of each day we would pack everything up and head back to the condos and do it again the next day.

I was about 7 years old and remember the annual trek, up until I was 13 or 14 years old. That was like 20 some odd years ago.

WOW, memories.

Plus I do think she did not take the camera because she felt everyone knew her as a photographer and why would a burglar take a camera. If the camera were missing one of his friends might believe she took it. Putting it in the washer was enough to destroy something she knew he loved. In their relationship, she was the photographer for their "trips to 1000 places". Once he bought the camera it was a signal to her he no longer needed her (in her mind, maybe). She didn't want the camera, she wanted to destroy it, just as she destroyed Travis. Jodi just forgot to remove the card. In her rush, I believe it was possible.
I agree with much of what you said, however if she intended to take the memory card with her, why waste precious time deleting the incriminating pictures? Makes no sense to me. I think she left the card because she thought it would be suspicious to take it AND that deleting the pics and tossing the camera in the wash would take care of her problem.

Mine was where he described the phone call as a squealing cat. I have never laughed so hard in my life.:floorlaugh: He made it sound as if he was discussing the weather.:raincloud:

That one, yes, was Excellent how he got that in by not breaking timbre, INDEEDY!

I love him, he's a Warrior through and through.

:floorlaugh:

"God's not here. We can't subpoena him." I love the entendre' of that one, her psycho self right there on the stand, Juan teasing the killer she is right out of her.

My fave line is JM "If you are stabbing him in the BACK, HE'S NO THREAT TO YOOOUUUU!" or something like that.

her appearance has drastically changed. i think her skin tone and darker hair are beautiful. she must have gone to great lengths to look like a fair skinned blonde. might have been one of her problems, to morph herself into somebody she's not. right now, with a little weight gain and some makeiup to enhance rather than cover up her natural skin tone, she would be as attractive if not more than before.

:confused:

She wanted to make certain her blood/DNA were completely removed from the camera.
I've always had a feeling she meant to take the camera with her but she accidentally scooped it up with the bloody towels and then lost track of it. Probably panicked when she couldnt find it, hahaha!!

"Would it surprise you if I told you that the Walmart in Selanas has no record at all of any gas can being returned that day?" and "how is it then that you showed up in Utah with 3 gas cans?" = Score!

:floorlaugh:

"God's not here. We can't subpoena him." I love the entendre' of that one, her psycho self right there on the stand, Juan teasing the killer she is right out of her.

Originally Posted by scorpio24 View Post
I think my favorite line came from Juan about the "unloaded" gun: "What were you gonna do? Throw it at him?"

I've been troubled all along by something: Why, after the May 26th text where Travis was so obviously done with his killer, would he have engaged in the sexcapades on June 4th? But it dawned on me last night as I listened to Chris on Tricia's radio show: It was the sex tape! I believe in my heart that the sex tape was what precipitated the text on the 26th. I also believe that the killer used it to manipulate Travis...'I won't give you the phone (to delete the tape, etc), unless you sleep with me one last time."
That's the only thing that makes any sense to me.

That makes complete sense but who is the unidentified person whose contact info Travis demands from Arias? He also wanted information he said would only require 15 minutes of her time but she couldn't be bothered.

And IIRC, he gave her a deadline to produce whatever the info was or a volcano was going to erupt and since she murdered him a week later, he was right.

Who do you think this person was and why did he need to be convinced of this person's existence. Unless she claimed not to have the recording or she sent it to her imaginary friend and he called her on it telling her he would contact that person for it.

Arrrgggghh. I wish we knew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was a juror, I'd want to look through the evidence even if I was solidly for 1st deg. It's a "morbid curiosity" as Jodi famously said.

I am so tired of people saying JA is smart. Imho NO ONE that is smart stabs and shoots someone. Just because she throws in the odd big word and has a capability to speak a certain way does not convince me she is smart. She is smart like the devil is smart...which to me translates to being calculating and evil.

My fave line is JM "If you are stabbing him in the BACK, HE'S NO THREAT TO YOOOUUUU!" or something like that.

I liked in his closing when Juan said:

'WHAT A CHARADE...."

and he kind of yelled it. The inflection was great. It was good.

I've lived in Eugene my whole life, all 58 years of it. After Mom passes away, I'm thinking about moving somewhere a little more conservative with lower taxes. I love our weather, and no tornadoes does help... :scared:

Hello Fellow Oregonian! :seeya:

QUESTION:

When they chose the jurors...do the alternates go back into the deliberation room too? Or are they released? It would make sense that they remain thru the verdict, I mean what if a juror had a heart attack or something????

I've always had a feeling she meant to take the camera with her but she accidentally scooped it up with the bloody towels and then lost track of it. Probably panicked when she couldnt find it, hahaha!!

I always thought that too. And in her haste to beat feet she scooped it up by accident. The best accident she ever had as far as I am concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member