Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only person that does not care for Chris Hughes? He probably is a great person - I do not know what it is about him when he talks about Travis Alexander (but something about him "rubs" me the wrong way).

Listen to the radio show from last night. If you still feel that way, well I don't know what to say. He sounds like a great guy and a great friend, if you ask me.

OOOHHH this is like waiting for a baby to be born, especially if you don't know if it will be a boy or a girl! I think I'll bake some blueberry muffins.

I'll boil some water, get some clean towels and maybe a shoelace.....:crazy:

"The jury found Andriano guilty Nov. 18, about 15 minutes after they went into the jury room, said juror Jay Erke, 48, an airline mechanic foreman from Mesa." http://www.nlada.org/DMS/Documents/1106668066.47/0124deathjurors24.html

I've also found sources that said 4 hours so who knows. They got it right no matter the length.

"As the third day of deliberations ended, Fobes said she told the holdout juror, a Gilbert senior citizen, "Wendi has manipulated you. He said, 'Yes, I know.' "

http://www.nlada.org/DMS/Documents/1106668066.47/0124deathjurors24.html

the wait is just horrible.

I don't think it would be so bad if we knew it was coming today. But we have no clue how long we'll have to wait. I can't take anything more than a day!

:seeya:........Awwww wish I was......I love coincidences!!!!

Although I`m Scottish, I live in England. Never been to Arbroath but do go to Florida every year on holiday.......

I do have relatives in New York though.

Ok......I`m now on my second glass of wine.......and my glasses are not small :blushing:

We can be honorary cousins.

I have been isolating so much during this trial.. For the past several months it's been me, you guys, and my laptop. Now I feel sooo guilty. An elderly neighbor, who likes to visit with my young indoor cats, just came to the door with a bag of treats for them. I thanked her for the treats while she gave them to the kitties just inside the door, but didn't invite her in to visit. I could tell she was thinking "What's up with this?" I practically closed the door in her face. But I'm determined nothing is taking me away from Verdict Watch! This trial is making me crazy!!!
It's going to be at least 45 mins til we get a verdict. Why don't you pop over there quickly with an apology and tell her you're quite busy at the moment but look forward to catching up with her soon? I'm sure you'll feel better for that. I have a real soft spot for my elderly neighbours. Life's short.

I'm tempted to have a glass of wine (it's almost 2:30 here), but I had two Margaritas yesterday at a Mexican restaurant and had strange dreams last night :eek: I was hoping to celebrate the verdict this evening with some bubbly and don't want to mix wine and Champagne. :angel:

Xochimilco?

I just have to say that I cannot stand the way Mike Whatshisname from HLN always makes everything he says sound like it's "breaking news". His over the top delivery is simply awful. JVM and, at times, Vinnie Politan are similar but he takes the cake. ARGH!!

This man will drive me nuts during the wait for the jury's decision.

most of the anchors and hosts on HLN "shout" everything, there are no normal voice tones - it gets to be really annoying after awhile - I want to shout back at them "kindly use your inside voices please" :floorlaugh:

I think it depends if they ask the judge to eat & delberate at the same time the clock will run,but if they leave the courthouse for lunch,the clock will stop

I also don't find your questions stupid..knowledge is power my friend!!

when I was on a jury and it was time to deliberate our lunch was served in the jury room ..we we're not aloud to leave the room.

etsy.com is for people to sell things they personally make. some people have donations set up for various causes.

i didn't know that NG was donating proceeds to anything. i didn't really read the site, just saw the product being sold and knew that you could find the same thing on etsy.com (i like to support small time artists)
ETA. just looked at the site again. i didn't see this before

:)

I agree, some of the best talent. jmo

Instead of freaking out I'm choosing to believe that the jury is going to wait on a verdict until I'm off work. That's 6pm central time...lol:p

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I want a NG handcuff necklace:scared:

She is letting it go. There is a Mother's Day fundraiser... Someone will win it. I DON'T have details. I just logged on maybe it has been discussed. I have a tiny pair I'll sell ya!
Lol uploadfromtaptalk1367866078176.jpg
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

And be very careful when you take the glass from the dishwasher because those hot metal pices can injure you also. I wouldn't cut up any apples either.

Several years ago, I got a very nasty cut on a wine glass that literally "exploded" in soapy dishwater. I was washing the glass when it suddenly "popped" under water and broke into a few large pieces. I didn't feel pain and didn't realize that my left pinky was cut until I took my hand out of the water. All of a sudden blood spurted out of my finger, splattering around the sink and on the window blind above. I grabbed a towel and held it tightly around my finger but could tell that it was bleeding profusely. I sat down at the kitchen table still hold the towel around my finger and placed my elbow on the table so that my hand was elevated. The bleeding stopped in about 15 minutes but there was a gaping cut :eek: I kept the cut bandaged for several days; the cut healed more quickly than I thought it would and the scar is hardly noticeable.

It is interesting. I am glad that he spoke out because that makes me feel so much better about how I felt about that case. I have seen people with much less evidence presented get a conviction. It was unbelievable to me that she was found not guilty, but then I started doubting myself thinking maybe the jury just didn't have enough information. I also just feel sick and angry that this woman got away with it and that Caylee had no one on her side in that courtroom. Other than strangers, of course. That just hurts. ::sighs::

That verdict laid me out. I couldn't trust the system anymore. I'm praying this case restores my faith that justice is done in most cases.

Would love to be a fly on the jury room wall right now........imagine the discussion after all these weeks.

Just finished listening to Tricia's interview with C. Hughes. Powerful! Whatever mis-trust I had before is gone!! He is passionate about Travis - a true friend.

The big takeaway is the anonymous Alexander family benefactor, "Michael", an 'angel' who tracked Chris down and said he wanted to help the Alexander family. Listen to
Chris describe how this 'angel' arrived just in time to lift some of the family members out of financial ruin. One of his two large donations was through PayPal - the largest donation in their history!

Chris relays the story of "Michael' near the end of the 3 hours. "Michael' will be a guest on next weeks' show. Can hardly wait!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

I thought KCL was somehow initially involved in tHe email, generous benefactor affair? I know KCL did lots to raise funds for Alexander family and I thought Hughes would recognize her? strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member