**Verdict Watch** 3-2-2012; deliberations started at 1016am

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS -

Has JY's sister Kim been in the courtroom at all during this trial? What about the last trial? Anyone know? Just curious.

I read someone said she was in court the other day which I think was the first time during this trial. I really wish she would have been called to testify....

Some random thoughts I have as I am sitting here obsessing along with the rest of you:

1) In closing statements HC said there were several pairs of shorts and swim shorts in JY's suitcase. Why would that be if he was only to be gone for an overnight trip? Think he had an escape to Mexico in mind?

I saw that testimony...they were obviously boxers. There were tommy hilfiger boxers and some plaid boxers, and maybe some others.

I don't know why he called them "short pants" or swim shorts. I think he was playing dumb. JMO

Some random thoughts I have as I am sitting here obsessing along with the rest of you:

1) In closing statements HC said there were several pairs of shorts and swim shorts in JY's suitcase. Why would that be if he was only to be gone for an overnight trip? Think he had an escape to Mexico in mind?
2) Every time I think of JY I think of him testifying in the first trial and it being shown in this trial and him saying about he and MM, "We talked A LOT. We talked A LOT." I don't know why, but I can't stop my mind from picturing him saying that. It was as if he really wanted everyone to know how much they talked.
3) Thank goodness HC didn't say "d*ck tricks" in his closing statements.

Told you these were random thoughts.

Mexico? With just a few pair of shorts??? Doubt it...

I got all excited hearing verdict sheet.

I sure hope the audio is better Monday.

I'm right with you except the accomplice part.

Me too.

Either he did it alone and didnt do it at all.

There is absolutely no evidence produced in the trial that he had an accomplice and I am still at a loss why the Judge allowed that in.

It is as if the Judge is trying to cover all bases because the unknown 10 size shoes were the ones more prominently seen in blood and the State seems unable to explain it.

It goes against the State's theory and I think it can be confusing for the jury.

What it says is LE has let another unknown person get away that was in a conspiracy to commit murder, imo.

oops.. were those the jurors???

Yes, did you notice how quickly he turned the camera when he realized what he was filming? :lol:

Jurors dismissed for the day, starting again at 9:30 on Monday.

Done for the day as am I.

I pray for a just verdict on Monday. Guilty in the first degree.

I got all excited hearing verdict sheet.

I sure hope the audio is better Monday.

That confused a lot of people during the BC trial!

For those of you who are confused by the verdict sheet (not saying BrownRice is) it must be given to the forewoman every time they go back to deliberate. And when they come back into the courtroom, it has to be given to the Judge to keep while they are not deliberating.

Hope the jurors have a nice, relaxing weekend and are ready to get back to business Monday. (Same to all here, too!)

ETA: Storm-free too!

That confused a lot of people during the BC trial!

For those of you who are confused by the verdict sheet (not saying BrownRice is) it must be given to the forewoman every time they go back to deliberate. And when they come back into the courtroom, it has to be given to the Judge to keep while they are not deliberating.

So the judge knows how the vote is going so far? tia

So the judge knows how the vote is going so far? tia

No. Nothing is written on the sheet until the verdict is decided. And it stays in an envelope while the judge has it anyways. He does not take it out.

Hope the jurors have a nice, relaxing weekend and are ready to get back to business Monday. (Same to all here, too!)

ETA: Storm-free too!

Agreed! hope everyone at WS is safe with these storms. :)

I've been out all day and wondering what was going on here. Doesn't sound like I missed much! Did I understand that they are resuming deliberations on Monday morning?

No. Nothing is written on the sheet until the verdict is decided. And it stays in an envelope while the judge has it anyways. He does not take it out.

Beth Karas is talking now on HLN. She seems kind of upset that the jury has gone home. I have kind of mixed feelings about this. Seems they are taking their job pretty lightly. What do you think? I think it may take a while for them to make a decision or maybe they have already made up their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname