**Verdict Watch** 3-2-2012; deliberations started at 1016am

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we (hopefully) near a verdict, I just want to give a shout to all my fellow Websleuthers who have so carefully considered the evidence in this case. I appreciate each and every one of you, even if we do not agree. I think it's wonderful we have a place to discuss and debate this case in such a civil manner.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay safe! See you back here Monday, same Bat Time, same Bat Channel. :)

:seeya:

When JY's sister, Heather, testified, she said that she had gone on one of the visits with him to see CY while he was out on bond. She said that CY just lit up when she was around her father and played all over him.

This impressed me because it means that MF and LF obviously have not brought CY up in an environment of bitterness and hate, and that they have left her out of this whole sordid mess.

There are not many people in the world who have gone through what they have and still exhibit the character and selflessness that they have to put CY first and not disparage JY in front of her. They deserve the upmost respect for actually putting CY's needs above their own.

ITA, I have major respect for MF. I was in the exact same spot as she when this all went down. Same age and everything. I worked at a restaurant, was single etc. I also watched my infant nephew every day so my brother could attend college. It says a lot that she got up early to watch CY and THEN went to work at night. I did it and it was VERY hard on me, not getting sleep etc. She is very selfless indeed. IMO God doesn't put us in certain places for no reason. I'm so thankful she was close to CY, I'm sure it made the transition not as tough as it could have been had she not had a strong bond with her prior.

I know I am late to the party on this one, but I just watched the footage of Jason where his is at the gym playing basketball and saw where he says the line, "You came here for THAT?" I just, I don't, I, I, I ... I am at a loss for words. OK, I have 1 (or 1 1/2) word(s): cold-hearted.

They are not allowed to "deliberate". Which I take to mean, no notes, no reviewing evidence, definitely no research or talking. But, they are human, so they will of course think on it.

It would involuntarily be at the forefront of my mind all weekend, if it was me.

I had just had to post this: definition of a "imp"

imp/imp/Noun: 1.A mischievous child.
2.A small, mischievous devil or sprite

ITA, I have major respect for MF. I was in the exact same spot as she when this all went down. Same age and everything. I worked at a restaurant, was single etc. I also watched my infant nephew every day so my brother could attend college. It says a lot that she got up early to watch CY and THEN went to work at night. I did it and it was VERY hard on me, not getting sleep etc. She is very selfless indeed. IMO God doesn't put us in certain places for no reason. I'm so thankful she was close to CY, I'm sure it made the transition not as tough as it could have been had she not had a strong bond with her prior.

I wonder if JY has one time thanked MF for raising his daughter in such a loving, responsible manner. My guess would be no.

I was there today too! ;-D Interesting afternoon.

Chatted with Al Sternberg for awhile. He told me what he's planning to cook next (maybe tonight or this weekend, I'm not sure) and my mouth was watering. The man is a gourmand, that much is certain! He's also very nice. As I said before, I know his wife from years ago.

Something Al mentioned that apparently people don't know (and I have no idea if this was a question here on WS or somewhere else), but I guess there was criticism about the DOT cameras and LE not checking them and what Al said was that these cameras don't record and therefore there is no cached tape to go back and look at (and he said they did try all along the route JY took). So whoever has or had an issue with that, that's your official answer. Those are live camera views, NOT taped and saved, and yes, WCSO did try to find if any of JY's travels along those roads might have been captured by a camera. Alas, no.

I was there today too! ;-D Interesting afternoon.

Chatted with Al Sternberg for awhile. He told me what he's planning to cook next (maybe tonight, I'm not sure) and my mouth was watering.

Something Al mentioned that apparently people don't know (and I have no idea if this was a question here on WS or somewhere else) but I guess there was criticism about the DOT cameras and LE not checking them and what Al said was that these cameras don't record and therefore there is no cached tape to go back and look at (and he said they did try all along the route JY took). So whoever has or had an issue with that, that's your official answer. Those are live camera views, NOT taped and saved.

Tell Mr Sternberg the next time u see him thanks for everything he did for MY & Rylan. I might be wrong but I think it was Attorney Collins who maded the stated about the DOT cameras in his closing.

I know I am late to the party on this one, but I just watched the footage of Jason where his is at the gym playing basketball and saw where he says the line, "You came here for THAT?" I just, I don't, I, I, I ... I am at a loss for words. OK, I have 1 (or 1 1/2) word(s): cold-hearted.

I so wished the jury was able to see this.

I missed discussion of DOT cameras. What is their significance?

A lot of national media was there (mostly producers). Chatted with one from 20/20, another from Dateline, I chatted with Beth Karas for a good while (have watched her courtroom reports since she first started). Most of them have Blackberrys and were on them a lot.

The atmosphere in the courtroom during the 'at ease' time was casual, collegial. People coming and going. Not packed. Saw Klink chatting and yukking it up with Holt & Spivey and a couple others for awhile.

JY chatted with the legal assistant mostly, from what I could see.

The jury forewoman is not the one JTF thought it was at first. I didn't think it could have been her since she looked all of 20 yrs old. The actual forewoman is older than that, I'd guess mid 30's. Looks serious, business-like, professional.

I missed discussion of DOT cameras. What is their significance?

When Mr Collins was doing his closing and talking about Gracie and how LE never took the time to show her the tapes to i d the customer and how they never looked at DOT cameras!

When Mr Collins was doing his closing and talking about Gracie and how LE never took the time to show her the tapes to i d the customer and how they never looked at DOT cameras!

What DOT cameras?

I did take the opportunity to tell Becky Holt that I thought her closing argument was great, well done and articulated.

Has it ever been stated if MY knew about JY's affairs? I have to ask myself why she stayed with this man. His treatment of her reminds me of someone who really could not stand her or stand to be around her. He did not care what she thought of him and he treated her like crap. jmo

The jury seating chart that was posted here is incorrect. The jury forewoman is not the one JTF thought it was at first. I didn't think it could have been her since she looked all of 20 yrs old. The actual forewoman is older than that, I'd guess mid 30's. Looks serious, business-like, professional.

Are you sure that she is Juror #8? The chart I posted is the one used in the Cooper trial, and in every trial I have witnessed. In what position is the jury foreperson seated?

Did MY know about JY's affairs and horrible behaviour? I can't believe she stayed married to him the way he treated her. He obviously could not stand her and did not care how badly he hurt her and humiliated her. jmo

THIS IS A DOUBLE POST. SORRY. I GOT IMPATIENT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221