verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:twocents: fwiw :

While I understand that 13 hours to deliberate may not be long to discuss the evidence, etc, it is IMO because this case is a 'no brainer' -- the state clearly PROVED pre-meditated murder !

The evidence against Jodi is overwhelming and Mr. Martinez presented each and every point very succinctly !

I hope the jury is NOT hung-up on discussions about the IRRELEVANT bull that was brought into the trial by the DT -- such as Jodi's childhood, ex-bf's, religion, sex, etc etc etc ...

And I sure hope they are NOT hung-up on discussing Alyce, Samuels and that last so-called expert [can't remember his name] because ALL their testimony should be DISREGARDED ! :liar:

The defense was an EPIC FAIL with lie after lie after lie ... and should have absolutely NO credibility in their decision!

IF they go longer than today, I will really go :scared:

:moo:

Well..it will be today for sure. I am taking Sam to town to see the surgeon about fixing his feeding tube issues (Sam is NOT happy). I don't do phones and driving, and this will likely take all day. So it HAS to be the day!

Did anyone else see JeanC choose the word 'ethnic' to describe JA last night? I about spilled my coffee..Jodi would not like that..then she was referred to as Latina, and I have a feeling she doesn't see that half of herself as a plus.

Just a note..our family includes Scandanavians, and unknown mixtures..and members fresh from Naples, Mexico, and Peru. Love our gatherings..the food is awesome!!

Oh honey, keep on trying... they are just the thing for a cold morning.. topped with extra sharp cheese and crumbled bacon. YUM!

I honestly think it's the texture that I can't wrap my tongue around. :seeya:

Grits have no taste. I've added everything from honey, lemon, sugar, molasses, and I still can't like them.

What about mush do you like Mush? I know everyone makes it different but my G'ma was from Nebraska and she used to take Cream o Wheat....make up a saucepan and then she would put it in a large shallow bowl; like a pie pan. She would refrigerate it over night and then the next day she would slice it in pie shapes and fry them in butter. Then you put sugar and butter on the finished piece. Nutmeg or cinnamon. I crave it still sometimes. I've tried to make it for my husband but he just doesn't get it. The outsides are slightly browned and the inside is mushy.
Does anyone else have a Mush recipe? It's really good, kind of like rice cereal, where you take rice and heat it up with milk cinnamon and sugar, and eat it like hot cereal. it's just as good as mush actually.

Well..it will be today for sure. I am taking Sam to town to see the surgeon about fixing his feeding tube issues (Sam is NOT happy). I don't do phones and driving, and this will likely take all day. So it HAS to be the day!

Did anyone else see JeanC choose the word 'ethnic' to describe JA last night? I about spilled my coffee..Jodi would not like that..then she was referred to as Latina, and I have a feeling she doesn't see that half of herself as a plus.

Just a note..our family includes Scandanavians, and unknown mixtures..and members fresh from Naples, Mexico, and Peru. Love our gatherings..the food is awesome!!

Well, you can yell by the tone of my skin that I am Native American. My entire family loves to cook!:seeya:

Oh honey, keep on trying... they are just the thing for a cold morning.. topped with extra sharp cheese and crumbled bacon. YUM!

That sounds good but how about cream of wheat which I like. Sounds like the same thing?

And this id O/T because Tex always makes me hungrier than I am.

Knowing that JA probably thinks the longer the jury is out that it benefits her and knowing that as each hour goes by her arrogance grows as she sits and believes she has manipulated yet somebody else is just going to make it that much sweeter when they come back with the Murder 1 verdict.

As much as I want Travis's friends and family to not have to sit and wait any longer, the fact that JA is no doubt basking in this deluded, self-involved bath of thinking that she beat everybody just to get the "wind knocked out of her" is going to be that much sweeter.

I know in my soul that she thinks she won this by the jury not coming back right away and I'm going to watch those dead eyes of her very carefully when that verdict is read because the venom is going to ooze out of her.

I agree. I think she thinks that she has gotten to them and that they are on her side. I am praying today is the day because it is stressing me out and I can not imagine the impact on his family and friends. I am praying for murder1.

Her arrogance is so incredible. Her attitude and her irritation. I am worried that by saying she is borderline personality that some may not understand that it is not a mental illness but a personality disorder and take pity on her or think she could not help it.

I woke up today after a dream where they were hung and we had to come back and again and start over with a start date of Feb 2 2014..
Praying that was the hot dogs talking.. :)

What about mush do you like Mush? I know everyone makes it different but my G'ma was from Nebraska and she used to take Cream o Wheat....make up a saucepan and then she would put it in a large shallow bowl; like a pie pan. She would refrigerate it over night and then the next day she would slice it in pie shapes and fry them in butter. Then you put sugar and butter on the finished piece. Nutmeg or cinnamon. I crave it still sometimes. I've tried to make it for my husband but he just doesn't get it. The outsides are slightly browned and the inside is mushy.
Does anyone else have a Mush recipe? It's really good, kind of like rice cereal, where you take rice and heat it up with milk cinnamon and sugar, and eat it like hot cereal. it's just as good as mush actually.

MUSH???? Maybe we should move to the food thread? It's all Tex's fault?

TexMex?? Do I see green peas in the shrimp & grits dish??? I do not think I ever had grits. Man does that look good,,,will you cook for me?

Green onions, bacon...

Grits are good...and yes I'll cook plenty :seeya:

I'm anxious to get a verdict, but I'm willing to give the jury as much time as they need and want to come to a decision. I won't speak badly of them because they have someone's life in their hands. JA is an evil person, but even I wouldn't want the responsibility of what to do with that evilness.

I'm sure some of you read my post a couple of days ago about my aunt being a juror on a Murder 1 DP trial and she was an emotional wreck throughout the entire trial and sentencing phase. After it was over and she was allowed to talk about it, she told us it was one of the hardest things she had ever been through and she would never want to do it again. When you hold someone's life in your hands, it totally different than watching the coverage and/or discussing it online.

As far as Jean C and whoever else who thinks they know what the jurors are thinking or doing in that room.... nope, not falling for it. They're not having a party back there, they're deciding justice for a man who was stabbed 29 times, had his throat cut open, ear-to-ear and was shot in the head so I would expect them to be stressed out. No one knows what is going on in that room except the 12 of them.

Nancy Grace was just obnoxious last night. There's no way in he!! she thinks there will be an acquittal. She's just like all the rest -- rile up the audience by saying something outrageous so word will get around and she will get higher numbers.

I'm muting my TV today unless I see Beth Karas speaking or there's a verdict :twocents:.

We had to eat mush as children. I never liked it either. I make a lot of chocolate gravy and biscuits at my house. That's DH's favorite meal. :)

I'll be checking in periodically throughout my work day. If the jury watchers see a well dressed jury, we will have a verdict today. I doubt they'll be coming in with shorts on the day the verdict is announced.

I have done the same with grits... also used to make a GRITS BREAD with leftovers. It was very heavy and dense - very crispy crust. One one EVER knew.. haven't made in years and can't find the recipe that I got from an old college professor of Southern Studies.. Talking about it this morning has made me want to try again to find it. I know... TMI! :)

So my question would have to be, what if one juror notes do not match testimony given but another juror's does. Do you think they will just throw it out since they will not be able to prove one way or the other the testimony that was given?

K

the judge does have the option to let them hear read-backs, but it sounds like that's rarely done in AZ. if they had a serious question though, maybe she'd allow it. i don't know.

Please can we stay on track today?!! We have a sidebar for off topic comments..

well if grits don't work for ya, try some "chocolate gravy over buttered biscuits"...the best!!

That sounds good but how about cream of wheat which I like. Sounds like the same thing?

And this id O/T because Tex always makes me hungrier than I am.
YEP! I use them interchangeably.. but never go sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member