Verdict watch! ** GUILTY **

Status
Not open for further replies.
suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 45s46 seconds ago
#Magnotta's verdict means automatic life sentence with no chance of parole before 25 years served.

Out with daughter and just got the news. Yes!!!! RIP jun lin

I really need to see Fatnotta haha!

I'm probably going to get emotional reading the victim impact statement. The main thing is that the right choice was made!

I used to be a scrooge, but now I believe in Christmas miracles <3

I would also like to say to the jury, great job!!! This must have been very difficult for them and I wouldn't have wanted to be in their shoes for anything!!!!!!! I think when they read everything in the media that they didn't get to know about they will be very sure they did the right thing.

Wonderful news on the verdict!! :happydance:

I checked twitter expecting to see the same old updates about the jury having lunch, breaks, and so on. Was so pleasantly surprised to see the news. I've been starting to worry this week, since it was taking so long.

I have to say I didn't think they were gonna go with guilty

I too shouted "YES" & scared my cat!

Two years. It is done. May the family of Jun Lin find some small comfort knowing justice has been served. A beautiful soul was taken from this earth.

Those who are crying, you're not alone. I have been crying as well. I lit a candle in honour & memory of Jun Lin and his family. It is strange, that feeling like you can finally breathe. The grief I feel in my heart, that poor mother & father... Rest In Peace Jun Lin.

suemontgomery &#8207;@MontgomerySue · 1m1 minute ago
We are back on the courtroom. Waiting for the judge #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee &#8207;@sleeCJAD · 59s59 seconds ago
Everyone except judge back in crtroom for victim impact statement &sentencing on 4 other charges besides 1st degree murder. #Magnotta #CJAD

Poor Lin Jun's father has been in Montreal for 3 months and at court every day for trial. He called his wife to give her the news.#Magnotta

amy minsky &#8207;@amyminsky · 2m2 minutes ago
Back in the court, #Magnotta is leaning over his lap, face aimed toward the floor. The lawyers are here, awaiting victim impact statement.

I ran to the phone and called my husband with the news. When I hung up, I cried......so much emotion here.

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 37s 38 seconds ago

We have lost lifetime of hope. #Magnotta #CJAD

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 1m 1 minute ago

Urbas: For adventurous, strong, popular son, will always miss you. #Magnotta #CJAD

Shuyee Lee &#8207;@sleeCJAD · 58s59 seconds ago
Judge is here. #Magnotta

Sidhartha Banerjee &#8207;@sidhartha_b · 3m3 minutes ago
Court should be hearing from Jun #Lin's dad, through a Montreal attorney representing him pro bono #Magnotta (1/2)

Sidhartha Banerjee &#8207;@sidhartha_b · 1m1 minute ago
They suspended earlier to allow for Lin's father to call the victim's mother, who is in China and didn't attend the trial #Magnotta (2/2)

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · now 3 seconds ago
Crown calls on #JunLin family lawyer Daniel Urbas to make victim impact statement. #Magnotta #CJAD

suemontgomery &#8207;@MontgomerySue · 2m2 minutes ago
Lawyer for family reading impact statement in English #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee &#8207;@sleeCJAD · 2m2 minutes ago
Urbas: For adventurous, strong, popular son, will always miss you. #Magnotta #CJAD

I need to say something. My son is gone. In one night we lost our hope, future and past #Magnotta

salimah shivji &#8207;@salimah_shivji · 2m2 minutes ago
Lin family lawyer reading letter from the father: "My brave son". When he died, parts of other people's hearts died too #Magnotta #cbcmtl

Mother has not been the same since. His sister has to look after her. I think about how humiliating his death was. #Magnotta

We know the accused is not what Canada is about. #Magnotta #CJAD

Bless him :cry:

@sleeCJAD:

Crown calls on #JunLin family lawyer Daniel Urbas to make victim impact statement. #Magnotta #CJAD

We know the accused is not what Canada is about. #Magnotta #CJAD

I am hurt that my last words to my son were to be careful son, I feel bad I was not there to warn him. #Magnotta #CJAD

@MontgomerySue:

I need to say something. My son is gone. In one night we lost our hope, future and past #Magnotta

Mother has not been the same since. His sister has to look after her. I think about how humiliating his death was. #Magnotta

I know his killer is not what Canada is a about. I have spent a lot of time here. His name will only be associated with horrible crime

It hurts me deeply and will hurt me forever. My last words to him we're be careful my son #Magnotta

Lin Jun's birthday Dec 30. In our culture son looks after parents when they are old. We are 60 now #Magnotta

His chair is empty at our home. His phone never rings #Magnotta

Father is crying #Manotta

#Magnotta will be fed, housed and have medical care. We won't have that

We are satisfied that you have not let our son down. I came to see remorse or hear an apology and I leave with none #Magnotta

Crown now asking for maximum under each count #Magnotta

@sleeCJAD:

We have a Chinese saying, having a child who will take care parents, prevent loneliness. #Magnotta #CJAD

Now #JunLin will not be there for us. #CJAD #Magnotta

We do not want to tell our story because it is too sad. #Magnotta #CJAD

Murder has robbed us not only of Lin Jun, but also the ability to talk or think about him without pain. #Magnotta #CJAD

Came here to observe justice system and satisfied you have not let our son down. #Magnotta #CJAD

@MontgomerySue:

Defence lawyer Luc Leclair asking that sentences be concurrent #Magnotta

It hurts me deeply and will hurt me forever. My last words to him we're be careful my son #Magnotta

salimah shivji &#8207;@salimah_shivji · 2m2 minutes ago
We have lost a lifetime of hope. Jun Lin's legacy will always be associated to a horrible, degrading crime. #Magnotta #cbcmtl

Lin Jun's birthday Dec 30. In our culture son looks after parents when they are old. We are 60 now #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee &#8207;@sleeCJAD · 1m1 minute ago
I am hurt that my last words to my son were to be careful son, I feel bad I was not there to warn him. #Magnotta #CJAD

Genevieve Beauchemin &#8207;@CTVBeauchemin · 2m2 minutes ago
Lin Jun's father says they only have misery as a gift. His chair is empty at his home #Magnotta

His chair is empty at our home. His phone never rings #Magnotta

#Magnotta will be fed, housed and have medical care. We won't have that

suemontgomery &#8207;@MontgomerySue · 48s49 seconds ago
We are satisfied that you have not let our son down. I came to see remorse or hear an apology and I leave with none #Magnotta

THAT ^^^ No remorse...no apology during the trial. All about LM.

Man, that was sad. #Magnotta

Doesn't Magnotta get a chance to speak now before he is sentenced?

Michelle Pucci &#8207;@michellempucci · 1m1 minute ago
Prosecution asking for maximum sentences (17 years for 4 counts, and life for the first count of 1st degree murder) #Magnotta

Defence lawyer Luc Leclair asking that sentences be concurrent #Magnotta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members