VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to come tonight. I can feel it in my bones! ~no dirty Arias jokes with that comment~ :)

Cathy @courtchatter · 8s 9 seconds ago
Jury is going home. Coming back Monday.

Arizona would certainly have to change the way they do things if they sequestered juries. Someone, I think it was Wenwe4, calculated that when the trial recessed for the Christmas break they had been hearing an average of 8 hours of testimony PER WEEK. That's a huge amount of downtime to be sequestered away from your family, etc. Plus think of the cost of sequestering a jury for five months. Of course, maybe having the jury sequestered would have lit a fire under some of the people involved in this trial, naming no names, lol.

As for why they're not meeting on Friday, all I can think of is that some of the jurors had plans, naturally assuming that there was no way this trial would actually be finished this week.

Assuming four days of court per week since this trial began, the jury has averaged 2.2 hours of court per day. Even if this jury were to have been sequestered, I doubt that number would be much higher with all the added BS by the defense. That amount of downtime would be a huge burden on those 18... 17... 16... 14... 12 jurors.

Okay ... I just saw read on Twitter that the jury is past their usual 4:30 pm quitting time !

OMG ... what is going on ?

:gaah: I have 10 minutes until class starts !

I'm going to try to sneak a peak to see if there is a Verdict !

:please: Today for Travis and his Family !!!

KINSEY SCHOFIELD ‏@kinseyschofield 1m1 minute ago
One observer asks if Alexander family sits lined up across lobby so that they are the last thing jury witnesses upon exit. #jodiarias

All I can say is that they were determined to figure this out today. All signs point to it from the crock pot to the working lunch. They discussed yesterday and said they would do this THIS week!

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 1m1 minute ago
After another stressful day for everyone, it's done. Jurors are going home. Alexander family stayed & watched them leave. #JodiArias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago
Jury is going home. Coming back Monday. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 31s 31 seconds ago
Jury is getting ready to leave #jodiarias #3tvarias

so disappointed. guessing theyll be hung then :sigh:

I have to assume since they didn't come down with a unanimous "let's rid the planet of her", that someone is either undecided or they want to discuss it for awhile.....if you are going to write a book, you need drama.

CMJA will be losing it in that holding cell not knowing what is happening. She'll have expected them to finish at 4.30pm. Hahahaha

i dont get why they cant deliberate tomorrow :banghead: you'd think theyd want done with it!

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 25s 25 seconds ago

Jury is getting ready to leave #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jury is going home. Coming back Monday. #jodiarias
0 replies 19 retweets 22 favorites

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 53s54 seconds ago
I hate this for the Alexanders. xoxo #jodiarias
---

Me too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics