VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was called by grandson's school to come pick him up because he was sick and that four other students had been sent home for being sick and throwing up too. Thirty mile round trip, traffic backed up due to a house fire, went to wrong school accidentally, finally got there and found out that he and the others were just sick due to having had to dissect a baby pig. Dang.

In high school, on dissect day, I started the morning at home sick (playing sick) and stayed home

Just received an email alert for a :snowflake: winter storm advisory :snowflake: all day tomorrow. If there's no verdict today, I'll probably be back here tomorrow because I won't drive anywhere if the roads are bad.

We are under a flood watch, plus a winter storm watch. I'm sick of this weather! Justice for Travis! C'mon Jurors!

I finished the knitting! I forgot I need to buy buttons, and I can't until tomorrow. Argh!

I call buttons don't count, so as soon as everyone catches up with lauraoh we'll have a verdict. tap tap tap....

You know there has to be some reason we haven't heard a peep out of him. Hmmmmmm

He said earlier he is putting together a great tape/show/whatever for later on today and was just going to stop by the courthouse on his way, he didn't see any point to just commenting on juror's taking snack breaks and what they're wearing as he'll be notified when it's time to get his b*** down there for the verdict.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 28s 28 seconds ago
2 female jurors went out for a break. The daughter of a psychologist and another young blond #jodiarias #3tvariass

I wish everyone on HLN had to wear bark collars. They need to learn to talk and not scream.

I tire of some of the anchors reporting news with happiness and joy ~~ sometimes their excitement is too much

2 female jurors went out for a break. The daughter of a psychologist and another young blond #jodiarias #3tvariass

Iirc the trauma nurse/dv victim is also the daughter of a psychologist. I bet she's the foreperson or at least very influential.

From Cathy:
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 11m11 minutes ago

Jurors are approx now at the time that the last jury hung.

Right now they are around 13 hrs 45 mins. #jodiarias

That jury had discussed the case at length in the guilt and aggravation phases as well. Not to mention, didn't they say they knew they were deadlocked the first day on the penalty phase? It makes sense that this jury will need a lot more time to go through everything. Also, Juan's case (re: the crime itself) was presented to them over 5 months ago! If I were them, I would be reviewing all of that just to refresh my memory.

Tweets:

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 3m3 minutes ago

Two female jurors exit jury room for break. #jodiarias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 3m3 minutes ago  Phoenix, AZ

@courtchatter 2 female jurors, the blonds taking a break. We are at 14 hours.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 2m2 minutes ago

2 female jurors went out for a break.
The daughter of a psychologist and another young blond #jodiarias #3tvarias

:grouphug: Lots of Guests following the verdict watch. Please consider joining us. :grouphug:

:eek: I wonder what that means! :thinking:

(snark not intended for you josie. Thanks for the updates.)

I just wanted to pop in here and say hello. I followed the first trial with all you fine folks, but haven't been active on this re-sentencing. I wanted to send hugs and have a seat over here in the corner and wait for this ordeal to finally be over with!

:eek: I wonder what that means! :thinking:

(snark not intended for you josie. Thanks for the updates.)

Probably one of them needed to pee and didn't want to walk past all those reporters alone. :D

Were the Alexander family able to convey to the jury that they wanted death for the killer?

They would not have been permitted to say that.

Probably one of them needed to pee and didn't want to walk past all those reporters alone. :D

The "buddy system" is also a good way to guard against anyone lying about one juror committing misconduct on the way to the restroom!

I tire of some of the anchors reporting news with happiness and joy ~~ sometimes their excitement is too much

Sometimes??? I wish they would have to listen to a tape of all the noises they make at the end of each work day. Not to mention the screaming over each other. I don't watch anything on HLN anymore - it's just on to see if there's a Jodi verdict.

ETA: LOL! I missed the first "some" - only some of the anchors and only sometimes??!!!!

I think JA will be just fine in prison. She has never lived a normal life... owning things like furniture, paying bills regularly, going on actual dates, hanging out with friends, just enjoying life. It appears she views all actions & interactions as a means to an end. She is constantly scheming, filing info in her (sick) mind, altering her "personality" to fit the audience. She is void of natural emotion and I don't think having Travis would have made her content. Contentment is not possible for her. She will get to prison and continue her bizarre existence, morphing into whoever she needs to be to work the system and her jail-mates. If she had no contact with people, she will manipulate the roaches in her cell. She is remarkably looney* (*I'm certain there is a better term to use!)...

Hard to believe there aren't designated juror restrooms adjacent to their deliberation room and out of sight of the public.

O/T but I've got CNN on the TV with the TV on mute so I can groove to some solo Donald Fagen.

Anyhoo, CNN had a graphic up entitled (approx.) the mystery of the murder of Yeltsin's critic. Really, mystery? Yeah, that's a tough one to figure out. I wonder who's responsible for it. :thinking:

:rolleyes:

I've been to the exact area in Moscow where he was shot. There are a few extremely nice restaurants a hop skip away where the very wealthy and very powerful congregate.

I was fortunate enough to be taken to one of those restaurants. It was a Cinderella experience, especially given the view of those onion spires all lit up like a fairy tale palace.

But, outside along the road, standing a few feet apart from one another, was a 3-4 block line of very large and very heavily armed bodyguards, protecting that powerful elite as they daintily ate caviar and sipped champaign.

No in -the- dark shot remotely possible there..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juskitten