VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43, Part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't one of the excused jurors already found to have been either related to, or was a friend of someone related to JA? Makes me wonder if there was more than one.

I do remember reading that jurors relative knew her years ago. I found it odd they would allow someone with that kind of connection on the jury and was glad to see they were dismissed.

Even in heaven, Angels Carrying Savage Weapons. I believe Juan will be our guardian, not with swords but with justice. To right what has been wronged

Not that same thing. Sorry. I know that is horrible and she took so much. I think she is a monster. But not the same thing FOR ME as a pregnant woman with an already growing child.

I agree with this. She robbed his family of the chance to be aunts and uncles to his kids, but as a society we can't hold people accountable for murdering someone's hypothetical children.

Just read somewhere that, if this jury deadlocks, the decision goes to JJS. BUT the DT gets to put on witnesses (no cross examination) to try to persuade the judge that she should get LWP? So Mrs. Arias could still speak for her daughter and even Jodi could speak. Is this true?

I hope not! Get this over with, no more grandstanding.

IMO the autopsy pictures aren't emotion manipulation; it's just visual evidence, proof of him being butchered by Arias. But Arias & the defence team QQing about her alleged abuse by her victim and pedo lies are an attempt to emotionally manipulate, to get the jury to feel sorry for her, and I'd have none of it if I were on a jury.

JMHO

I think the only ones that are the least bit true are 1,2,and 8. The rest are lies. 1,2,and 8 don't even come close to 'mitigating' what she did. It's blatantly offensive to even suggest that they do.

Very true. And she was one thousand miles away from the tumultuous relationship. She was in another state with her family and a job

She is certainly not remorseful

Wooden spoon spanking and getting grounded for skipping school don't cut it

I think Juan proved Travis never laid a hand on her and called her names a few times when she pushed him to extreme anger

And..she was 1,000 miles away from the "abusive" nature of the "relationship" or booty call

I don't believe that. I do think she butchered him. I believe that she planned to kill him and I don't think her life is more valuable at all. I think that Travis was a good guy, Not a perfect guy but a good guy who didn't deserve this for any reason at all. She is the monster. She is the killer.

When I think of all the murderers out there, I don't know what makes one seem more deserving than others of the DP.
I know for me I have to take the emotion out of it.
I think the defense in this case was despicable and completely a lie. I still don't think I am good with the DP. Who knows give me an hour. This is hard. I have been trying to weigh it all as if I am the one casting a vote that matters. It is hurting my brain.

BBM. And this is why your voice is valuable. Thank you.

We will Hv to call for a special independent review of this judge...if this case. Does not end in death. I,feel terribly for. Travis Alexander's family at the moment. I would not b able to show any restraint at this point.

"While all twelve of you had to unanimously agree that the State proved beyond a reasonable doubt the existence of a statutory aggravating circumstance, you do not need to unanimously agree on a particular mitigating circumstance. Each one of you must decide individually whether any mitigating circumstance exists.
You are not limited to the mitigating circumstances offered by the defendant. You must also consider any other information that you find is relevant in determining whether to impose a life sentence, so long as it relates to an aspect of the defendant’s background, character, propensities, record, or circumstances of the offense"

This means that they can look over things and make a determination on something other than what the DT offered them.
These are from the first penalty phase of this trial. Not this one because I could not find them but I would think the instructions are based on the law of what is allowed and would have to stand.

Seems to me, those instructions are a haven for anti DP. Go figure, already happened one in this fiasco.

I was watching online and the local news was on in front of the courthouse unbeknownst to them (they were getting set up) and the female reporter was told the same thing by a male that she was going to interview. I, too, hope that's wrong. I was under the impression that the judge made a ruling very quickly as she should have already made up her mind.

If it's a hung jury, does it not default to LWOP? If so, the sentence would be automatic & immediate, seems to me. Let's go home, and nevah see ya later Jodi.

Seems to me, those instructions are a haven for anti DP. Go figure, already happened one in this fiasco.

The prosecution and the DT have to agree and go over the instructions. They are written on law not whim or bias.

:seeya:

I said this before and may sound like a broken record ... lol ... but it's NOT always WHAT you see and hear, it's what you do NOT see and hear that is telling:

- Jodi showed NO remorse ... none ... nada ... not once during the Trial, the 1st Sentencing Phase, and this re-trial Phase.

WE know she puts on a performance when the jury entered and exited the courtroom : the poor poor pitiful me face, the glasses to make her look like a librarian, etc.

And when the jury was out of the courtroom, Jodi was back to her old self : gossiping with her BFF MLDR, sneaky, etc.

It is very unfortunate that the jury did not get to see the real Jodi Arias!

- Jodi had NO ONE -- not her mother, father, sister or brother, aunt, relative, friend, ex-bf, etc. beg to save her life ... NOT ONE single person !

NOT even Donovan -- oh wait, she is a convicted felon -- so I guess she can't!

Yet her mother sat in the front row everyday ... relatives and friends would sporadically come in and out and yet NO ONE spoke on behalf of Jodi ! Not one person begged to save her ...

Now ... that would make me wonder WHY -- WHY.

- Jodi did NOT finish her super secret testimony -- wish we could see the video -- but no doubt, she showed NO remorse.

Only Nurmi got to question JA -- Juan did NOT get to cross her -- and it is extremely unfortunate that THIS JURY did NOT get to see Juan question Jodi because he would have given her a 4th hole and Juan would have crushed JA's lies !

The jury saw NO REMORSE from JA and NO ONE -- not one person --begged them to save her life !

As a juror, that is about all I would need to give her the DP ... especially after listening to months and months of Jodi, her attorneys and her so-called experts bash the VICTIM: Travis Alexander !

I hope that made sense ... I am tired and I am disgusted.

This "sentencing" is a "no-brainer" IMO !

:please: :please: :please:

Sorry, I wasn't asking for anyone to be emotional while looking at the pictures. What I was asking is to see what the pain and cruelty must have felt like to the victim and if the law is applied it would be clear to me.

If the pictures make them emotional that can be incorporated into their logic. Emotions shouldn't overwhelm logic, but that doesn't mean they can't be used by it.

If it's a hung jury, does it not default to LWOP? If so, the sentence would be automatic & immediate, seems to me. Let's go home, and nevah see ya later Jodi.

I was under the impression that judge sherry decides between LWOP and payroll after 25 years. I certainly could be wrong.

Thank you. I live close to Jasper and know of James Byrd Jr. Horrible crime.

Yes the death penalty is something I waffle on for most defendants. But those men I'd have no problem whatsoever.

I don't believe that. I do think she butchered him. I believe that she planned to kill him and I don't think her life is more valuable at all. I think that Travis was a good guy, Not a perfect guy but a good guy who didn't deserve this for any reason at all. She is the monster. She is the killer.

When I think of all the murderers out there, I don't know what makes one seem more deserving than others of the DP.
I know for me I have to take the emotion out of it.
I think the defense in this case was despicable and completely a lie. I still don't think I am good with the DP. Who knows give me an hour. This is hard. I have been trying to weigh it all as if I am the one casting a vote that matters. It is hurting my brain.

Thank you for your honest replies and posts tonight. You sure have made me do some serious thinking.

Worst of the worst: Israel Keyes. Ron and Dan Lafferty, Rebecca David, Susan Smith, Josh Powell, Jeremiah Wright and every criminal featured on The Dreamin' Demon. People who kill their babies.

Jeremiah Wright?

The pics are facts, that's what poor little spanked with a wooden spoon JA did, after preparing and driving 1000 miles to do it, to a man that she had willingly agreed to be his bootie call and from the evidence, instigated much of the time.

The pictures are of a decomposing, mutilated body. The eww factor of decomposition is something I would have to factor out. She killed him, but she didn't decompose him.

She deserves the DP. I could vote for it because:

• He was defenseless in the shower (those shower pictures would be facts for me) and died a horrific death - the photos of blood and the medical examiner's testimony would be enough for me.

• She clearly premeditated it.
  • She was in no danger.
  • She never reported it.
  • She lied to cover it up
  • She never told the truth about what happened.

The only mitigating factor for me would be that she has no identity, no self. There is no "real" Jodi Arias. She knows right from wrong, but she doesn't know the value of right or truth or goodness. The only thing going on inside is a twisted urge to morph into everyone she meets.

I could accept a LWOP verdict because she seems so empty and dead already, but she deserves death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ciamor