VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 37s37 seconds ago
Jurors are back and the women look as if they could have been crying #jodiarias #3tvarias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 2m2 minutes ago
jurors coming back from break. look either bored or tired. #JodiArias

? Are they looking at different people?

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath day
Is fair and wise and good and gay.

Ted Bundy was born on a Sunday.
Charles Manson was born on a Monday

Just sayin'....

At least no one can say this jury didn't try. This is their 5th day trying to get a unanimous verdict. I'd want to throw the towel in by now myself after 5 days of this.
I was just thinking that the ones that are in the majority are probably feeling like they are in jail because they can't end it until they all agree. This would be the frustrating part for me if I was on a jury. One thing I worry about them talking afterwards is if someone does change their mind just to render the verdict because then it would be an appeal issue.
Interesting the statistic is 70% of DP cases get overturned. I wonder why that would be. To me that seems like a high percentage.

I still can't believe these jurors have to navigate through onlookers rather than take a secondary route around them.

Luka Magnotta's jury took 8 days of sequestered deliberations to come back with a guilty verdict. And they had a tape of the killing, dismembering, cannibalism and other horrific acts he did to the Chinese exchange student, Luka tapped the whole thing and put it on the Internet and fled to Paris from Canada.
He plead guilty, but insane.

Good to know. Thank you. This is not to bad then with these jurors.

Been hunting on the internet for times on prior cases but not getting much yet.

If I was a juror all the media would say "one juror looked mad" I'm one of those people that always has a resting "b&@ch face"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very surprised that we are in the same mode as yesterday this time of day. Really didn't think it would go this long today.

With foreman William "I'm not blaming the dead guy" Zervakos in charge and on record saying the DP is reserved for serial killers only, there was no way the first jury, who Zervakos declared were hung to JSS after less than 8 hrs., could have returned a unanimous verdict imo. I hope Zervakos is capable of feeling some shame as this jury diligently works for a consensus, but I doubt he's capable of it.

What a *****, he couldn't even remember Travis' name. No respect for the victim.

Did he really visit JA, or was that a rumor?

People always ask me if I am up to something.

If I was a juror all the media would say "one juror looked mad" I'm one of those people that always has a resting "b&@ch face"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could someone go turn some llamas loose near the courthouse? Or maybe some emus? I need a laugh about now. :(

I don't have llamas or emus, but I do recall my aunt has/had a family of skunks living under her shed. Maybe I could sneak them in.:gaah:

Debra Milke was on AZ death row for 20 yrs. until her verdict was overturned around the time of JA's first trial. She was convicted solely on the testimony of a detective with a spotty record who claimed she confessed to him. The "confession" interview wasn't recorded, and if he produced notes of the interview they weren't deemed reliable iirc, as there was no retrial ordered for Milke.

I was on a jury once that rendered a verdict of LWOP to the defendant. Let me tell you, this guy had totally abused the right to be a free citizen and was a danger to society. But we members of that jury were devastated. It is HARD to be on the end of deciding a human being's fate for life, no matter HOW RIGHT that decision is.

What a *****, he couldn't even remember Travis' name. No respect for the victim.

I don't know about his visiting JA, but Zervakos reportedly worked with the DT to prepare for this phase.

I don't know if he did but he did say he wanted to so he could get the real story of the murder from her. Silly rabbit.

I don't know about his visiting JA, but Zervakos reportedly worked with the DT to prepare for this phase.

What? That is appalling. I guess we should thank God we got a guilty verdict at all.

So, it's been 5 days but what is actual hours, I lost count. Thurs., Mon., Tues. Wed. are full days, right? 9:30-4:30 (7 hrs). First day was 3hrs +. So, 31 hours, approx.?

There isn't anything going on in that deliberation room that a couple cases of cold beer couldn't fix. Can we send some in ? I'll buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukeyboy43