VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end i think cmja was counting on the DP. SHE didn't want life. She knew her best shot was getting the verdict overturned on a technicality. Those days are over. Jodi arias is now just prisoner number 1111456 and is NOT a martyr for any cause. Shes no longer important and that's a fate worse than death to jodi

I cannot speculate what she wanted, who knows with that manipulative psycho? BUT, my only comfort is that no, she is not going to have unlimited appeals. Soon the game will be over, no more appeals, although she will forever tell herself that somehow, she is going to get out. Sadly, she is inhuman and will adapt to prison life, it will be much more comfortable and social than solitary confinement, but she will be out of our picture. Never gettin' out.

I am in such shock. I refuse to believe that anything presented by the DT was effective. It was a joke! I am positive someone discovered that contrary to what they thought before the retrial started, they just couldn't give a DP. I think we'll know what happened once the jury speaks. Sounds like some will speak today.

is on this judge. Juror fatigue was inevitable when you can't manage your courtroom. And the case she allowed the DT to put on was ridiculous. A case of this type requires a tough, firm, fair judge. Which JSS ain't. Actually not saying she's "unfair" in any intentional way. But her lack of resolve and management leads to an unfair result. My heart just breaks for this family. This has just been a horribly managed case all along. It should never have lasted 7 years.

Agreed. I hope she can scrape the muster up to at least give Jodi a sentence of natural life.

The jurors, each of them, did decide. They just didn't decide the same thing.

That's the system. Most states don't get another chance to get a death sentence when the jury hangs. 2 penalty phases, both hung. Millions of $$$ cost.

It's almost too bad DP was even an option...I think it leads to more broken hearts because it just lengthens an already painful journey AND there is no guarantee. This poor family pinned everything on getting a DP sentence. Those are some really poor odds and I feel bad they had that expectation.

At least she was convicted. To me that was the win. Compare that to what the Ron Goldman family had to endure in the OJ murder case.

I wonder if there are some juror members who are not happy about having to serve on these extremely long trials (were they sequested for this trial?) and voting not-guilty (individually) is their way of geting back at the system.

PER BK: PIO setting up 11 chairs for jurors, she (BK) expressed surprise

ME: not sure what this means

I hope the Alexanders shut down any chance of JA getting any money from her tracings or her plagiarism through a civil suit.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 9m9 minutes ago
The jury deciding they will speak but not on camera. #jodiarias

William Pitts @william_pitts · 29m 29 minutes ago
Three jurors are bawling as they leave. #JodiArias

William Pitts @william_pitts · 29m 29 minutes ago
None of them looked at Alexander family as theey left.

I've been one of JSS harshest and consistent critics there's no love lost there. I have no doubt in my mind she is going to hand down LWOP.

That's the only logical choice.
But since she ruined this re-trial with her weakness, she damn well have some HARSH words for Jodi when she sentences her.

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras · 5m5 minutes ago
At least one #jodiarias juror is going to talk--no video or photos. Can record audio only.

Sounds like 1 held out and won't talk. Probably the 1 that said she wanted off if the judge wouldn't call mistrial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot imagine how the pro-death jurors must have felt as they heard the family sobbing in court. How sad this is.

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 54s55 seconds ago
Getting ready for press conference with jurors in #jodiarias. 13 chairs are set up for jurors. Not sure how many are coming.

Kathy Monkman @katiecoolady

I believe that Judge Stephens will sentence her to Life WITHOUT parole then she will be truly locked up and the key thrown away #jodiarias

Kathy, I am one of the few who believes this verdict will make life easier on the Alexander family after reading what you have been through. Your thoughts?

OMG. Troy just talked to Arias. She said she is sorry for the verdict. Sorry that some people didn't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects