Very Blonde Girl In Orange Chair With Ashtray

I don't know about a minimum height but a friend of mine worked cabin crew pre-September 2001 for VS and she was very close to the upper height limit at 5'10" - airplane cabin ceilings are quite low.

These are the average current flight attendant height requirements. The article goes on to say that in the 80's and 90's unions got rid of many of the requirements (such as not being able to be married, Good Grief!). And as I recall the height requirement was even taller back in the 60's & 70's, I was 5'2" and could not apply and I believe my friend who was 5'3" couldn't either. There was concern about not being able to reach the overhead compartments. (Which I can barely now, LOL)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_attendant

Height and weight

Most airlines have height requirements for safety reasons, making sure that all flight attendants can reach overhead safety equipment. Typically, the acceptable height for this is 160 to 185 cm (5 ft 3 in to 6 ft 1 in) tall.[7] Some airlines, such as EVA Air, have height requirements for purely aesthetic purposes. Regional carriers using small aircraft with low ceilings can have height restrictions.

Flight attendants are also subject to weight requirements as well. Weight must usually be in proportion to height; persons outside the normal range may not be qualified to act as flight attendants.[8]

I notied something. When you lok at the record behind the record we are trying to identify, there is a yellow and black record. I see the yellow and black record as the first record in the picture with the girl with her head down. Which leads me to believe it is probably the same girl. imo

Also that record looks the face of john wayne or dean martin to me, look at the nose,

I notied something. When you lok at the record behind the record we are trying to identify, there is a yellow and black record. I see the yellow and black record as the first record in the picture with the girl with her head down. Which leads me to believe it is probably the same girl. imo

Good catch. O my, that implies also that she's probably been listening to Bernstein's Great Romantic Symphonies.

Does the white bag read KWANTAS?

When did the Australian airline start flying into the US? Did Alcala go to Australia - he seems to have reached Denmark. If he is in Australia, the cold months are reversed. If she came from Australia, she may have gloves ready for returning to the southern hemisphere?

If she's from Australia, where do we look for missing people???

Great work on the album covers!

The white bag looks like the kind to put your laundry in at a HOTEL.
Edited later, I see hotel was mentioned already sorry.
Anyway, might as well add this, it seems to me this girl looks like she could be Scandinavian because she is just sooo blond.
We have plenty of blonds in MN and Wisconsin, I know, but since he was in Denmark apparently, I am wondering if he met her there, she came to the US to visit, and maybe they hooked up.
Maybe he picked her up at the airport even?
So have tried to check matches to missing persons from Denmark, etc..
Looking at her bracelet and necklace, does it look more "yellow" like 18k than 14k gold? 18k is more common out of the US.

Just a couple more things I noticed. Pic where she holding headphones.. there is a alarm clock on the floor. Look to be around 10 or 11 if its set right. And also the dark purple rug shes sitting on thats on the blue carpet. just some probably pointless observations

After looking at a bunch of hotel logos (Hilton is blue, but not the right logo (unless there was an older one), also The Plaza Hotel, but I don't think it's that logo either), I'm beginning to think the white bag is a shopping bag instead of laundry bag. (Particular I remember getting boots somewhere where the drawstring bag was used) There's some sort of logo on the other side, does that look familiar to anyone. A department store or anything in New Hampshire or New York that had a blue and white logo?

I don't think he was free at that time, so it's probably not a match.

There's a resemblance between the girl and Carson but Carson was 39 at time of disappearance and this girl looks to be about 22 give or take 5 years. For that reason alone, I don't think this is a match.

We know where Alcala was on that Wednesday - he was being questioned by the FBI. We don't know how long he was questioned or whether he was actually under arrest.

What we do know is that he killed a girl, Georgia Wixted, whose body was found on December 16.

This is her:

=wixted.jpg

Could it be a match? Could the answer really be that simple? For reference, she was found at her own apartment in Malibu after she didn't show up for work. This means she was most likely killed the fifteenth. That's a one-day discrepancy with the possible calendar date. All it takes is for someone not to move the calendar on, once, and it matches. But does the photo?

Does the white bag read KWANTAS?

When did the Australian airline start flying into the US? Did Alcala go to Australia - he seems to have reached Denmark. If he is in Australia, the cold months are reversed. If she came from Australia, she may have gloves ready for returning to the southern hemisphere?

If she's from Australia, where do we look for missing people???

Great work on the album covers!

The spelling is QANTAS (originally Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Service) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qantas

Qantas has had a red and white logo for ever, so any bag/carrier/whatever would most likely have red and white on it somewhere. According to Wikipedia, Qantas has been flying to North America since the 1950s.

I wasn't going to mention it, but what the heck, when I first saw the letters on the sack I thought it looked like UNIVERSITY, except there is a seam where the I would be.

According to the following article, the blonde is not the airline stewardess. 1971 is a good date for Alcala to be in NYC and that is the date of this murder.

..."On June 24, 1971 a young 23-year-old flight attendant was found raped and murdered in her apartment. She had been strangled to death with her own stockings..."
http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=5328

This also indicated a good time line for 1977.

..." Cops are not sure how he allegedly killed heiress Ellen Jane Hover, 23, who disappeared after leaving her apartment at 686 Third Ave. near 44th Street in Manhattan on July 15, 1977.

Her murder made headlines nationwide.

Hover's father, Herman, ran a famed Hollywood nightclub, Ciro's, and her godfathers were Dean Martin and Sammy Davis, Jr. Her stepfather, Ruben Schwartz, a wealthy Garment District lawyer, offered a $100,000 reward.

A year later, her bones were found on the grounds of the Rockefeller estate in North Tarrytown, Westchester County - near where Alcala had photographed other women, according to police.

Maybe this is the location where we see the girl in the red shorts and the one with a leg extended in the photo?
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/regional/manhattan/item_iiax664E9GkiFVNkzBcEkP/0

If this is 1977, it's either September or December.

If it's December, we know Alcala was in LA on the fourteenth, being questioned by the FBI. By the sixteenth he had killed Georgia Wixted in Malibu. This could be her. In her photo, she seems to have hazel eyes and this girl's eyes seem to change color from hazel in the green pant suit to bright blue in the white shirt. The photo also looks like an older photo, judging by the hair style, and also the color cast which suggests an older style of film was used.

If this is September then we're not clear on his whereabouts. He was in NY in July and had been hired at some point during September by the LA Times - to get hired at or before the end of the month, he was probably but not definitely back in Los Angeles by the fourteenth. That's not evidence though, just the fact that he probably couldn't fly in on the thirtieth and be hired by the end of the day... so mid-month would mean he was probably back in town to apply for the job. Doesn't mean we should exclude a match in NY or anywhere in between.

I wasn't going to mention it, but what the heck, when I first saw the letters on the sack I thought it looked like UNIVERSITY, except there is a seam where the I would be.

Found this site http://www.fashion-hound.com/college-colors

Not sure if the list is complete, but if this is a bag from a university, here's the ones listed that have college colors of only a blue and white: NY Columbia University; CT University of Connecticut; IL Northern Illinois University; NC University of Carolina and Duke U; RI Yale; TN Middle Tennessee State University; UT Utah State University and lastly, VA Longwood University. That appears to be some sort of logo or possibly in this case, school letters on the other side? Thought maybe this will help.

I, too, definitely think it's the same girl in all 4 pictures. Lips, nose, hair, everything. Look at the weird way she has her lips pursed in the photo with the white shirt without the headphones, then look at the cropped photo - you are viewing the same thing, but from a different angle. Probably something she did a lot. Or maybe she was camera shy. Just my opinion!

Also, if you look at the cropped photo where she is just waking up (we hope), you can see the part in her bangs is slightly off. It is the same part in the headphones picture. I think she ran a comb through her hair, maybe just her fingers, but did not change the part from the way she slept.

I think you guys have done a super impressive job sleuthing out these pictures. Keep up the good work. I've been looking for a missing person that resembles her, but nothing yet. I hope she is alive. Maybe that's why we can't find her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back