Viable suspect: James Kenny Martin

Maybe those samples are with the Bojangles samples:floorlaugh:

Seriously, I don't remember ever hearing of results from such testing. However, that tends to be far too common in this case. As we all know, the wmpd decided early on who was guilty and tailored the evidence to fit the suspects instead of following the evidence in order to identify the killer as competent PD's do. As to why JKM was cleared, I believe his girlfriend provided an alibi. Why her alibi was sufficient when the alibis of friends and family of Damien, Jason and Jessie weren't is simply another conundrum in this case.

HAHAHA. :D
That mythical place were the Bojangles samples went... I wonder what else could be found there?

No, I only had a quick look but I couldn't find any results either. I wouldn't even count on that they actually took any samples, and if they did... Well, they probably had tunnel vision by then.

HAHAHA. :D
That mythical place were the Bojangles samples went... I wonder what else could be found there?

The missing underwear and socks?

No, I only had a quick look but I couldn't find any results either. I wouldn't even count on that they actually took any samples, and if they did... Well, they probably had tunnel vision by then.

I believe that the "tunnel vision" set in even when they were still going through the motions of interviewing suspects. Once Jerry Driver (or was it Steve Jones?) uttered Damien's name, IMO, LE was just going through the motions when interviewing other people.

His Son posted on IMDB recently, on the West of Memphis forum. And mentioned that JKM had confessed to his younger brother a few years ago. Very creepy interview, and he just happens to mention that he thought Terry Hobbs could've been behind it al.
Link to son's posts on IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2130321/board/thread/228929609?p=1

This is from JKM's statement to the wmpd:

He's going to place himself where the child feels more comfortable, where the child maybe, let's say the child, hyperthetically, we're just going to pick one of the parents, we'll pick uh, Branch's father, here's a person whose not really the child's father. He's not the biological father, he's with the child, he plays with this child, he's almost taken care of this child til when he's grown up, and him and his wife has marital problems, the child is sitting over there and the child, and he know that he can rub his leg or he could do, he could go and do things together, they go out together, they really become close friends, in one sense. Well, let's just say that during the time the male, the man, decides it's not like, it comes out like, I'm going to molest you right now, you know, it's a working, it's an art to it. I mean you've got to sit there and go over your mind how you want to handle this, as if something happens, how do you back off, how do you make it out safely, as you've got to inadvertible make the child think that, what you are doing is okay, but, let's just say that he's gotten to that point, the child feels a little apprehensive at first, but he's going to let the child breath a little bit, I mean he's going to give the child more satisfaction. He's not going to, even though he's satisfying himself, he wants the child, to be extremely satisfied as that he keeps his mouth shut. I mean we are not talking here, I've give you a cookie if you keep your mouth shut, alright, here's $5.00, you don't say nothing to your mother, we're talking a guy, who could be the average joe, who could sit there and you can talk the child into doing whatever what he wants. Well, if you can get the child to stop that, well let's just say that Branch and his two buddies, they played together and run around together and everything, and they went to that area that they were murdered in and they, their stepfather goes out there or whatever, and he's out there and he plays with them and he does a lot of things with these boys and he advertily, you know does things with the child, that the other boy's see, and this uh, Branch says, uh you know, such n such, they were wondering about this you know, blaugh, blaugh, well, he feels though they understand over there and they sit down there talking and now, let's say that the man feels, that oh-oh, there, I might get caught and he's going to go to the police, they're going to go to the Dept. of Human Social, they're going to take away my wife, they're going to take away my child, they're going to take everything I've worked for, everything is going to be going off like a volcano. Just cave in like an earthquake, so he's got them out there and he's talking to them and he just apprehensive about it, and just wham, kills one of them, and he can't stop there, because that's just like stopping out here and putting a gun to you, you're going to sit there and say, you know, I won't say nothing, I won't say nothing, I promise, I won't say nothing, no, I have to shoot you too. So, he does a double offense, and he done killed all three of them. Even though he and psychologically, I use Branch not because, I use Branch for one reason, I use that child because it worries me, that he's more jumpy to go the press, he's more jumpy to go to the news media, where the Moores they don't want nobody, just get out of my life, you know, look what happened to my child, you know. This is the typical upset family, but the Branch's are making it out like you know, I want this son of a ***** caught, you know, this blaugh, blaugh. The Byers are in a similar area, but the reason I say Branch is because uh, this is not his biological child, now. This is a child that he has gotten with because of the mother. So, remorsefully, technically he would not be killing his own child. I was just using that hyperthetically. I am not saying that Mr. Branch did it, because that wouldn't be my way of doing it. Now, if I got around in certain areas and I found out more information, and the suspect felt, cause this, is hyperthetically saying a situation like this, if I would push on a suspect, it would have to be somebody extremely close.

Please make a special note of the part in blue. The entire statement (which has been discussed in this thread) is available here.

ETA: Just read JKM's son's posts on IMDb! Interesting! I just wonder if anything can come of it. I guess time will tell.

" I could tell you all of the crimes that my father has committed, from burglary, molestation (namely my older brother and sister, plus Darlene's children while Darlene protected him), rape (he raped my mother mere days after I was born), grand theft auto, kidnapping (that is right, he kidnapped my younger brother and I), to many other crimes. His psychopathy is beyond treatment, evidenced by the psychiatric opinion contained within the Callahan files. Knowing this, it takes no stretch of the imagination that James would murder children. "

- JKM's son, from the IMdB link given above. Also:

"Like I said, before my brother passed away, he told me James confessed to killing the boys. Long story short, my brother went to live with him in Mississippi at the time (we had lived in Colorado), and returned to Colorado because he no longer felt comfortable around James. I told my brother what I had found on the Callahan website, and my brother said he already knew. He said that James was "annoyed" that they didn't approach him to be in the documentary (Paradise Lost), and that he was involved in the murders. "

It just keeps piling up. My speculations on Darlene's complicity in his behaviour are confirmed, here.

So much for the 'alibi'.

As JKM's son said, there are three possibilities. His brother made up the story and JKM is innocent. His brother was telling the truth and JKM is guilty. His brother was telling the truth, but JKM lied. We've had one false confession in this case. The JKM story could be another.

Again, not to beat a dead horse, but why didn't the police believe the stories of JKM's children? I understand that the dead brother's story is hearsay (since he's dead), but why didn't the wmpd at least investigate the allegations? It's just one more in a long list of mysteries in this case.

IMO, there's one possibility that JKM's son didn't mention - JKM and TH acted together. If TH is a pedophile (as I suspect), then I imagine he would have been friends with JKM. I believe their houses were fairly close.

They could have targeted the boys previously. Maybe it was JKM and not DJ who was with Lucas and Hollingsworth. I just don't know, but, to quote Spock (of Star Trek), "There are always possibilities."

I hope that someday we know the truth. The only truth that I feel has been established is that the three men who spent over 18 years incarcerated for this crime are innocent - and the State of Arkansas doesn't want to admit that fact. Sad, just sad.

This is an honest question here and I really don't mean to offend anybody, but is anyone else even slightly suspicious that the person on IMDB isn't really JKM's son?

I don't know; I just think people shouldn't get too ahead of themselves too quickly.

If it is him, though, I would think JKM made up this story -- and that is coming from a person who is neither a WM3 supporter nor detractor.

Userid, thanks for your concern. However, I don't doubt this is JKM's son, having researched and sleuthed for a time, and found a great deal which supports this being genuine. Some of which is mentioned backthread, some of which I can't post because I don't feel it's right to and is probably against TOS. But yeah, saw it with my own eyes, and if I wasn't pretty sure he was genuine I would not be taking it for granted.

And with what I have researched, some backed up by documents, nothing the poster said contradicts any of the available records and information -except- the confession.

Having done this research, I actually think it's no way beyond JKM's character to a/ make such a confession to his own childl and b/ have reason to.

I understand that JKM does not fit into some of the more deeply entrenched and popular theories as to who dunnit and how, but to my mind there's a heavy weight of clear and factual reason to continue to count him as a major suspect.

Fair enough Ausgirl. Respectfully, I can't say you've squashed my skepticism (it's like you say, nothing can prove it's actually his son that available records, that anyone and everyone, can access) -- but I respect your opinion.

I do agree, though, that he should have been investigated further. JKM, in my opinion, almost wishes he committed these crimes -- even if he (hypothetically speaking) didn't.

I'll add this tidbit. The IMDb poster stated that JKM had been banned from several sites related to the case. I'm not sure how the poster would have that information unless the poster either is JKM (doubtful because the poster's syntax is much more educated than JKM's), knows JKM very well or is who he professes to be.

I contend that it is possible that it was JKM with TH, not Jacoby and JKM threatened the boys (Buddy and LG) and told them not to rat him out. TH, OTOH, because he feels that the police have to protect him, made no threat. So, Buddy and LG identified the other adult as Jacoby instead. Just a theory, mind you.

Ausgirl, I've been working on this lately and someone directed me to this thread. I'd love for you to join our Facebook page and discuss this further there. I also made a somewhat (work in progress) comprehensive study of JKM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey AmandaEva -- link to FB page?

I'd also love to see your study - any chance of posting it here? It's great to have relevant info collected in one place.

I'll add this tidbit. The IMDb poster stated that JKM had been banned from several sites related to the case. I'm not sure how the poster would have that information

The same way -I- have that information? It's all right there, on the net.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/227724857313539/

I'd rather not post it here quite yet. Mr. Martin has a habit of showing up when his name is mentioned.

Two things that I thought were odd about Martin were:

1) He describes being incarcerated as "serving" and getting out as "discharged". Does anyone know if he was ever in the military? I believe that I read somewhere that the PD were initially interviewing veterans. If so, does anyone know why?

2) He knew about the shoelaces. Not in a million years would I consider this a viable way to restrain someone, especially if they were tennis shoe laces; they'll break right off in your hands when trying to tie your shoes! However, I think that people within the PD and privy to the investigation had loose lips, and a lot of facts were leaked and became part of the rumor mill around town, so this could mean nothing.

I know that they said that one of the laces appeared to have come from an adult shoe. Did they ever determine what type of shoe? Did they have the boys' parents look at those laces to determine whether or not it belonged to them? It wouldn't be a stretch to think that someone grabbed laces that they had available at the time to replace those in a kid's shoe.

Anyway, this Martin guy really got off on talking about the murders (and molestation, in general), and he wanted to talk and talk and talk. Given that and his visits to the crime scene make him very suspicious. It's as if he's aching to tell the PD something. And he failed the lie detector test, too? It amazes me that no one ever took a harder look at him.

Martin was in the Navy. I've had personal correspondence with him and he brings it up quite a few times.

So, does anyone know why the PD were initially questioning veterans?

Martin was in the Navy. I've had personal correspondence with him and he brings it up quite a few times.

So, does anyone know why the PD were initially questioning veterans? Could it have something to do with the 3 different knots (like taught in the Navy)? Were any of the boys' dads/stepdads a Boy Scout leader (also know how to tie many knots)?

I'm not sure, but I will say that I think Boy Scout Leader is very possibly the guise JKM may have used to control them.

Anyway, this Martin guy really got off on talking about the murders (and molestation, in general), and he wanted to talk and talk and talk. Given that and his visits to the crime scene make him very suspicious. It's as if he's aching to tell the PD something. And he failed the lie detector test, too? It amazes me that no one ever took a harder look at him.

JKM appears to be one of those child molesters who talks compulsively about his crimes. As he's demonstrated several times.. I'm not sure at this point if it's all about taunting or not - but I do not believe this man has the capacity to carry an ounce of guilt about anything. He mouths about guilt, but then goes on to get quite lewd when describing his sexual activity with children. Nope, I do not buy 'guilt' having any place in JKM.

Lie detector - he didn't fail it, per se, just two questions, one of which was 'do you know who did it?" - but many people failed that question, because they had reached a belief in themselves as to who was responsible. I'm not a fan of lie detectors as a means of clearing suspects, at all. And there's plenty of ways to beat those tests, or render them inconclusive, including taking psych meds prior. Plenty of criminals have aced these tests and been proved guilty by other means. So I dunno, I don't pay much heed to them where I think a sociopath/habitual criminal/drugs of some kind might be in play.

More damning to me is the way he "forgot" his gf's name and details - deflecting hard from something there, maybe that she lived so close to the crime scene - and also that there's two conflicting alibis given by the two women he was involved with. That he beat his wife badly is also a problem for the alibi. And then there's the question of who drove him to work that night - I don't believe his wife did, he flubs that story quite badly IIRC.

Just a note on the knots - I don't think any of them were particularly complex?

Amanda, I need to make a new FB acct in order to join your group. I'll get to it, I promise.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back