Viable suspect: Terry Hobbs #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Good point about the bag with the clothes and the razors in it. I've always wondered about that bag.

^ That's not an entirely unlikely scenario. Although I do believe it would have been hard to track Bojangles down, especially if he was a drifter. It seems like the WMPD did make some sort of effort (http://jivepuppi.com/bojangles_man.html), although if he was indeed a drifter he could have been long gone by that time.

I don't consider him a suspect at all. But, as you demonstrated, he might have witnessed something of whatever scale or ended up somewhere he wasn't meant to be according to whoever.

Also, I do believe I have read theories about the "gunshots" mentioned by Ryan Clark (http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/ryanclark.html) and how Bojangles may or may not have been the target of those (if there even were any). For love nor money can I remember WHERE I read that though.

To keep this thread on topic, it's probably a good idea to continue this in the Bojangles thread: Mr Bojangles - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

IT is DNA that includes Terry Hobbs but not any of the WM3. That is enough for me to think he needs to be arrested and investigated.
The way I see it is that he should be thoroughly investigated. As a result of this hew should then either be cleared as a potential perp OR arrested and a case made for a Grand Jury indictment. Fair enough, the latter might well fail due to passage of time etcetera.

One other thing, earlier in this thread someone made a list of those who did not do the 'right' thing. They included Fogelman as the Prosecutor. He wasn't. Brent Davis was. However he gave all the high profile parts of the case, it seemed, to his assistant. I have no doubts at all that he was conducting the orchestra from behind the scenes every step of the way.

I get the feeling, and it is just that, that Davis was the high roller in this and the most responsible for the travesty of justice that went down. Interesting that he did not move and join the bench until Sudbury left the force, rather ignominiously. Worth remembering the problems with the drug squad police and the whole sting that went down by the FBI of the CCDTF.

Worth remembering too that Judge Burnett is alleged to have acquired a gun from the evidence room back then!

Was there anything going down in Little Rock or elsewhere that some people did not want noticed by the media? Was this case turned in to a national circus as a way of deflecting media attention to something political?

The stench of corruption is strong - and I am not one for conspiracy theories. This case is an exception!

Yes, the stench of corruption is very strong in this case. I just question how high up the corruption goes.

This thread has gone a bit off-topic, so I will keep up the good tradition.

At first I was willing to dismiss the Bojangles event in the same way as mentioned in a few posts. At one time I thought the whole thing had been invented. Then I thought it had been fabricated as a decoy to get police officers away from the crime scene.

After taking the time to read "officer Meek's busy evening" (1) thoroughly, and Marty King's testimonies (2) (3) at both trials, I began to realize this story could be quite significant in many different ways.

There is no way round the fact that this man was a serious suspect. It does not matter what anyone thinks or says, this man could have possibly been involved in the murders. Everyone knows the details, so I won't go into them.

This thing should have been examined, cross-examined, and I am sure it would not have taken too much investigation to trace this man down. Not only was he a possible suspect, he was a possible eye-witness of the
murders, or a witness to the boys being ditched by the Murderer/s.

This is a major example that we are not dealing with shoddy police work or anything similar. This is an example of a deliberate method in the way the police are working.

Speculation:

Mr. Bojangles came in at the Blue Beacon Truck wash (4), went into the Robin Hood woods, either to pass through to the Santa Fe railroad, or for a few hours rest before carrying on his journey on the interstate.

Could the bag (5) with clothes and Bic razors belong to him?

He witnessed what ever went on there, before being detected and attacked by the perpetrator/s. He fled in the direction of Missouri, and ended up in the ladies rest room at Bojangles. Why the ladies rest room? If this guy was being followed or chased then the ladies toilet would be a better hiding place than the men's.

Marty King's statement/testimonies seem very solid to me, he even reasons why he was sure of the times, something done very seldom in this case. Mr Bojangles seemed dazed/mentally ill (was not alcohol). That is the kind of state I would expect to see someone in, who has seen something very shocking, and has then fled for his life.

Either way, as a suspect or a witness, if Mr Bojangles had later been found, he could have destroyed the police cover up of TH, or the set-up of the WM3. As far as stepping forward himself, he knows that the real perpetrator/s is still at large, and he would probably fear for his life. I certainly would not turn myself in to the wmpd after what happened to the wm3!!

(1) http://www.jivepuppi.com/meek.html
(2) http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/martyking.html
(3) http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/ebtrial/martyking.html
(4) http://www.jivepuppi.com/bojangles_man.html
(5) http://www.jivepuppi.com/evidence_at_the_crime_scene.html E-1A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading the mentioned pages, especially "officer Meek's busy evening", it all reminded me of a very frustrating jigsaw puzzle I tried to do as a child. It was a picture of a harbour with many similar boats and a lot of blue sky. I managed the boats, but the big area of blue sky was terrible. Every piece had to be turned many different ways to try and make them fit!!

Ok so we are saying the possibility is that the Bojangles man saw the aftermath of the attack somewhere in the woods say around the man hole? He sees 3 boys laying there and bloody. The killer (say it's TH) is there holding a knife and detects him comes over to him and perhaps knocks him around a little and slashes him. Hey he's an easy target with a cast right? Bojangles man runs away loses him and ends up at the restaurant. It's probably the worst thing he's ever seen so disoriented, sick, and bleeding. Now TH has to move the bodies because Bojangles might talk. But Bojangles is a drifter with a past and doesn't talk because he'll be accused. So leaves town asap.

Yes, but I don't think the killer stabbed "Mr. Bojangles." I think he shot him, possibly in the arm. Remember TH has a missing 9mm, and a 9mm was found in the area and there was at least one (I think more) person who reported hearing gunshots.

Could it be possible that after TH dropped PH off to work. He circled back around and stayed far enough away from the scene as not to leave tire tracks around the scene... and sternly ordered Stevie and the rest of the boys in the car...took them somewhere went off on Stevie and the boys tried to fight him off and TH and accomplice (?)
Beat them to death (one might have been accident, so everybody else had to die too) TH took Stevie's knife and cut the shoelaces to bind them up threw the boys in the trunk of a car and tossed them in the water

Yes, but I don't think the killer stabbed "Mr. Bojangles." I think he shot him, possibly in the arm. Remember TH has a missing 9mm, and a 9mm was found in the area and there was at least one (I think more) person who reported hearing gunshots.

woah I did not know there was a missing gun only that TH had several knives. Seem to find out more every day. It is possible the bojangles man had discovered the bodies and someone shot at him or grazed him and he ran.

Its possible that Bojangles stumbled upon TH and accomplice ( s ) he may even threatened bojangles to help with the murders. He refused and TH shot him

Just finished reading the section of the book Law & Disorder:: The Legendary FBI Profiler's Relentless Pursuit of Justice by Douglas and Olshaker. It really points out how good of a suspect TH is and I am convinced this guy needs to have the FBI run up his rear with a microscope. I strongly urge you to read the part of the book regarding this case. If you are interested in which chapters, let me know and I will post the chapter numbers here.

I agree. The police were less than satisfactory in this case and the prosecutors and judge were just as bad, IMO.

Thx AGettler im interested. I just can't believe how bungled this case turned out. But then im wondering maybe I m being very critical because we have more sophisticated investigation tools compared to back then.

Miranda!:
earlier in this thread someone made a list of those who did not do the
'right' thing. They included Fogleman as the Prosecutor. He wasn't. Brent Davis was.

Mea culpa. Sorry that was a bit of a rookie mistake on my behalf. Thanks for pointing me in
the right direction Miranda, the last thing I want to do in this case is, "misinform the
public". I will chalk Fogleman in as Brent Davis's adjutant, or maybe better, as his
accomplice.

Userid:
Good point about the bag with the clothes and the razors in it. I've always
wondered about that bag.

Sorry to disappoint you, and myself. The hair evidence http://www.jivepuppi.com/hairs.html states:
"Numerous Caucasian hairs were found among the items in a bag found at the crime scene."

There is still hope.

"One hair fragment described as being Negroid in origin from the white
sheet used during transport of Chris Byers to the medical examiner."
"Not examined were the Negroid hair"
"In the defense's summation, the mysterious Bojangles man was suggested to be a source of
the Negroid hair."

Justiceseeker35:
Ok so we are saying the possibility is that the Bojangles man saw the aftermath of the
attack somewhere in the woods say around the man hole? He sees 3 boys laying there and
bloody. The killer (say it's TH) is there holding a knife and detects him comes over to him
and perhaps knocks him around a little and slashes him. Hey he's an easy target with a cast
right? Bojangles man runs away loses him and ends up at the restaurant. It's probably the
worst thing he's ever seen so disoriented, sick, and bleeding. Now TH has to move the
bodies because Bojangles might talk. But Bojangles is a drifter with a past and doesn't
talk because he'll be accused. So leaves town asap.

You mentioned TH, I didn't. A nod's as good as a wink!!!
Otherwise, here is a good answer:

Compassionate Reader:
There are a myriad of possibilities.

Graznik:
Although I do believe it would have been hard to track Bojangles down,
especially if he was a drifter. It seems like the WMPD did make some sort of effort

Possibilities to trace Mr Bojangles:

Blood trail leading to Bojangles Rest., plaster cast(medical records), possible blood trail
leading from Bojangles Rest., blood samples (lost) mud samples (not taken), toilet roll
soaked with blood would probably have had good fingerprints on it (not recovered by
police), sunglasses, great for fingerprints, seen it on my own quite often (recovered by
police). (Maybe the samples were not lost, but the results were)

As I said before, this guy was a suspect or possible witness, it doesn't matter what he
was, or who he was.

The half-hearted investigation of Mr Bojangles, as described at jivepuppi, took place
6/24/93 (Talked with a Larry Ceasar) 06/28/93 (Michael Scott).

Jesse M. confession was 6/3/93.

Even WM3 opposition claim he should have been investigated (before they then contradict
themselves). http://wm3truth.com/alternative-suspect-bojangles-man/

If the WMPD already knew who the murderer/s were and were already off in the direction of
looking for someone to pin it on, then Mr Bojangles was not their man (plaster cast). As a
suspect only interesting with multiple suspects.
If he was a possible (or maybe even already known) witness, it would be better to let him
disappear. (Maybe the samples were not lost, but the results were)

A few other interesting things around Mr Bojangles:
Marty King said the time he discovered MBJ was between 9:00 and 9:30. He knew this because
a lady & daughter came in at about 9:30 and he had to decide whether their meal would be
finished in time (Closing Time 10:00) The ladies then went to the toilet and discovered
MBJ.

Officer Meek states in her report, she got the call 8:42 and was in transit to
Bojangles till 8:50. Hmmm... strange!!
If officer Meek had made a mistake, and it was really 9.42, then that would have coincided
with Marty King's statement.

That would have also been interesting, then that would have meant that officer Meek and
officer Moore were both called away from the pipes area at 9:42 for about half an hour.

Also worth mentioning:
3/5/93 11:53 pm. 911 call from Delta Express clerk. Clerk at Vickers - Black male outside
on foot, red shirt gun black pants. The Delta Express was next door to the Bojangles
restaurant.

OK, now back to TH.
As far as the early days of the case go, the non-investigation of TH and the Bojangles man,
stick out like sore thumbs. At a later time the WM3 were targeted and "la Inquisición"
began.

I think the WMPD knew already that TH was involved. They were covering him up for some
reason, and were already looking for someone to pin it on. Why were they covering him up?
A few speculations come to mind, I will think about them the next few days.

One last thought. TH said he was in the woods with officer Meek. Officer Meek doesn't
mention seeing TH. Maybe he was hiding in the bushes at the time, and later he forgot that she
couldn't see him.

But what would Bojangles MO be? Where there any racial tensions in that neighborhood? I remember reading some of Byers' statement in Callahan, that he didnt want his son to play where alot of the black kids lived.

Im also wondering why the murderer found it necessary to castrate Chris Byers...why not the rest of the two boys unless the murderer (s) didnt have time

Angeleyez210:
But what would Bojangles MO be? Where there any racial tensions in that neighborhood? I remember reading some of Byers' statement in Callahan, that he didnt want his son to play where alot of the black kids lived.

As far as a motive for Bojangles goes: If the WMPD had investigated him, we might know who he was, then we might have known his motive.

Im also wondering why the murderer found it necessary to castrate Chris Byers...why not the rest of the two boys unless the murderer (s) didnt have time

Later investigation put the "castration" down to animal predation. I think that's quite feasible.

I don't know if this was discussed or not but did the police start going into clinics and hospitals to see if a black possible transient man had to get his arm in a cast?

One last thought. TH said he was in the woods with officer Meek. Officer Meek doesn't
mention seeing TH. Maybe he was hiding in the bushes at the time, and later he forgot that she
couldn't see him.

TH has claimed to be in the same place as different people in various testimonies regarding that night. The interesting thing is that several people do not recall him being there and/or recall different times or circumstances. His alibi is not solid at all. In fact, it leaves his whereabouts unaccounted for during critical points of the evening. I think there might be references to that issue further back in this thread.

Edited to add:
If you go back to page 7, there's one instance mentioned. There should also be a run down of TH's timeline earlier in the thread.
(Sorry, I would dig them all out with links to Callahans but I've had one hell of a hard day waitressing in crazy hot weather. >_<)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aussie Aussie