VICTIM #5 - Laconia Shontel "Muggy" Brown, 23 - Found Deceased 29 May 2008

Does anyone know the names of the men charged, along with Muggy, for the attempted rape of Kirk Menard's daughter?

maybe..but why bleach it if it's easier to rip her shirt off and leave her naked/partially naked like the others, and you wouldn't get any on you or have it potentially contact ur eyes..?

But if the perp was planning to dump Muggy in that exact spot she was later found, he knew she would be found very fast, as it happened. So maybe he just wanted to be sure there would be no biological traces on Muggy's body and he couldn't count on decomp this time so he used bleach.

Since we are " What if ing"

What if...
She was already worried about her life (As per statements by her family)
She hesitated to go with this person.
She went against her own instinct but brought a weapon, just in case.
She used it and spilled her attackers blood.
The bleach was poured in order (as you suggested) to destroy DNA!

LOL! I guess that's the same thing you said Kat. : ) I was tired last night!

LOL! I guess that's the same thing you said Kat. : ) I was tired last night!

You and me both, Justice! 3 days in and this case has my brain fried to a crisp.
:floorlaugh: (Not that that's funny, but...when your mind starts unravelling, you laugh for no reason, I guess.)

Notably, Brown was dumped in the middle of the intersection/turn-off to the local police shooting range.

B&T Training

This sort of blatant body dump, imo, was a definite message to local law enforcement.

Makes me wonder if Muggy had some sort of relationship with members of LE. Informant, maybe?

Again, I have to ask...is EVERYONE in this town related?! R Benoit is an instructor at B&T (where vic #5) Muggy Brown is discovered, and then, just 4 months later, (vic #6) Crystal Benoit Zeno is found murdered?!

Again, I have to ask...is EVERYONE in this town related?! R Benoit is an instructor at B&T (where vic #5) Muggy Brown is discovered, and then, just 4 months later, (vic #6) Crystal Benoit Zeno is found murdered?!

IKR :banghead: This is where it would help to have a few locals on the board again.

Look in the map thread for the pic I posted of the E Spencer St house and double check me on the address if you can. I know for a fact that the pic of the house is correct, because it was shown on a news clip, but google is sometimes tricky with precise addresses, ifywim.

There's an interesting post by Kirk Menard on the Murder In Jeff Davis discussion blog. In this post he related how he and another man drove up and down Racca Rd (and vicinity) for 13 days straight until the body of Brittney Gary was found. During that time, they encountered only 2 vehicles, a blue pickup truck (which sped up when they encounter each other) and a JPO. This JPO wasn't using his spotlight, but instead had a flashlight in his hand. Kirk goes on to say that this is (quite conincidentally,imo!) the same JPO who discovered the body of Muggy Brown.

Here's a link to the case discussion (you do have to register there to read, though): http://murderinjdp.49.forumer.com/index.php?sid=25571a0524254223b6cbf0fa3162e422

I'm pretty sure Bessie will kill me if I name the officer, but maybe she'll only smack me if I try to get his initials on forum. They are MJ. (ducks and runs)

There's an interesting post by Kirk Menard on the Murder In Jeff Davis discussion blog. In this post he related how he and another man drove up and down Racca Rd (and vicinity) for 13 days straight until the body of Brittney Gary was found. During that time, they encountered only 2 vehicles, a blue pickup truck (which sped up when they encounter each other) and a JPO. This JPO wasn't using his spotlight, but instead had a flashlight in his hand. Kirk goes on to say that this is (quite conincidentally,imo!) the same JPO who discovered the body of Muggy Brown.

Here's a link to the case discussion (you do have to register there to read, though): http://murderinjdp.49.forumer.com/index.php?sid=25571a0524254223b6cbf0fa3162e422

I'm pretty sure Bessie will kill me if I name the officer, but maybe she'll only smack me if I try to get his initials on forum. They are MJ. (ducks and runs)
Fyi, Brown allegedly regularly rode with MJ in the JDP ride along program. Additionally, someone allegedly witnessed her murder after she supposedly passed out from smoking a "wet." MJ was not among the four people named as being involved.

IKR :banghead: This is where it would help to have a few locals on the board again.
As a New Orleanian, I'm almost a local, relatively speaking. LOL Don't let the names throw you. Benoit, Guidry, Chaisson, Guillory, Dubois are all pretty common around SWLA. Some families who share the names are related, some are very distantly related, and some aren't related at all.

A little background:

http://www.acadian-cajun.com/genac5.htm

Fyi, Brown allegedly regularly rode with MJ in the JDP ride along program. Additionally, someone allegedly witnessed her murder after she supposedly passed out from smoking a "wet." MJ was not among the four people named as being involved.

Muggy doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would volunteer for a citizens ride along program. I don't doubt she rode along with MJ, though, for other reasons.

As a New Orleanian, I'm almost a local, relatively speaking. LOL Don't let the names throw you. Benoit, Guidry, Chaisson, Guillory, Dubois are all pretty common around SWLA. Some families who share the names are related, some are very distantly related, and some aren't related at all.

A little background:

http://www.acadian-cajun.com/genac5.htm

Very interesting reading.TY for that

Very possible. Also possible she was killed there, or very close by, and her killer wasn't able to move her to a different location.

Wasn't Muggy's body the only body that was found still warm? Or am I thinking of a different victim?

Has anyone else ever wondered if some of these victims, and their body locations, could be tied to a hunter? I don't have the first clue about the area, so I really have no idea, but I have wondered.

What if the blood on her shirt wasn't strictly her own? How do you destroy DNA? Bleach. And maybe you just happen to have bleach handy, because hey...someone was doing laundry.

......interesting also is that i read where a contributor to a jennings forum (ketchum) suggested BRITTNEY was bleached and kept in a cooler....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back