Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg i just got caught up! it only took me ALL day!

question: he was at the bliss store (drawing a blank on the name) at 5:00. her last phone activity was at 7:20 (to her voicemail) -- i've pulled these times from previous posts/upthread. so, how much time did he have from the time he could have arrived at the gas station (assuming he went straight there) and the time of her last phone activity?

anyone know how long it would take to drive from the sex shop to the liberty gas station?

has it been confirmed that he drove out the driveway behind her? earlier i got a feeling like maybe he talked to her before she went into the store, maybe on her way in. maybe she didn't lock her doors and he slipped into the back seat. but i saw posts regarding him being seen leaving the parking lot right behind her.

another thing that has crossed my mind: her alarm going off in the movie theater lot when LE searched it? one of my old cars had an alarm that set once the car doors were closed.. whether they were locked or not. it was an aftermarket alarm. i remember plenty of times when i left keys in my car when i got home from running errands, and i'd have make the alarm go off when i opened the door to get my keys out. maybe hers was the same way?

i really really want to put together a timeline for this case, like i have in AS's case, but i have no idea where to start and since i've been on here all day, my daughter and home are probably feeling neglected. i will see if i can start putting something together in the morning.

another thought i had - this guy had plenty of time to commute and move cars around. if he abducted alexis saturday, he had until monday (when her car was seen) to take care of business. maybe he drove his car down to the apartment complex that the scent was traced to, then took the bus, or got a ride to wherever her car was... then dropped it off in the parking lot monday morning, walked back to his car (still at the complex) and drove home. LE searched his home before her car was found? was his car there? was HE there?

The sheet thing by the old swing set is an old canopy from a swing (perhaps not the swing set itself, maybe even a sitting swing), left outside and falling apart.

The house has been abandoned, from some previous time according the earlier article, and left as it was. RAT was living in the camper, which is why it was well kept, and ran electricity to the camper from the house. That would be cheaper than trying to heat or cool an entire house, and be responsible for keeping up and repairing a house, to a man without a full time job, or any job after the SC investigation for that matter.

Grandmother lives in the house it seems. It was abandoned for a few years, when she went to live with her daughter. He went to live with his mother @ the SC investigation (see below)

"Taylor lived in the trailer and ran power from the house to his home, said the owner of the 19-acre plot, Margaret Turner, who is the grandmother of Taylor’s teenage son.

Turner said she began fielding calls “from half of Nelson County” after investigators descended on her property early last week.

“I didn’t know what was going on until the FBI came to see me,” she said. “I don’t know what to think or what to do.”
The house sat vacant for years after she moved to Roseland to live with her daughter and Taylor’s son, Turner said.

The couple broke up when their son was a toddler and he lived with Taylor for years before moving in with his mother, she said.

The pair are on good terms and share time with their son, who was with Taylor all day the Monday after Murphy went missing, Turner said.

“What in the world is happening, I don’t know,” she said. “[His son] is crazy about his dad and his daddy loves him, I know that.”

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_55d4637c-048a-11e3-8856-0019bb30f31a.html

NG asked what her last text was. I already knew, but makes me sad.
It's so eerie that Alexis tweeted, "I actually look cute right now.", only minutes before she disappeared.

My hubby can't stand Nancy Grace.He said all she does is yell and talk down to people lol.What I think that really did it was when she

said you can't put perfume on a pig.He shook his head and walked out of the room.I told him at least she is getting it out there to the

public.You can never get enough media attention for the missing!

the guy NG just had on just said that her last tweet was at 7:40??? what about the info that her last phone activity was 7:20??

smdh

:::floridamomma throws open door:::

i was busy all day, but checked in on my phone in random places. ya know: red lights, in line at the pharmacy, dr waiting room, etc.

NOT ONCE COULD I FIND THIS THREAD!!

anyway, im here now, carry on. i was about to file a missing thread report!

im off to catch up!
I'm sorry you had a hard time finding the forum, floridamomma, but there is a redirect in the Missing Forum.

question: he was at the bliss store (drawing a blank on the name) at 5:00. her last phone activity was at 7:20 (to her voicemail) -- i've pulled these times from previous posts/upthread. so, how much time did he have from the time he could have arrived at the gas station (assuming he went straight there) and the time of her last phone activity?

It would take approximately 30 minutes to get from the store in Charlottesville to the gas station in Lovingston. It is approximately 1/4 mile from the Bliss store to the exit onto Route 29 towards Lovingston.

If this guy's DNA was sent in,assuming they already it on file, a week ago Monday, they could have had results within a week, IMO, with the FBI making the request, to check against Morgan. I am pretty sure they are all desperate to get the guy in her case. But I still think it is more likely the suspect in her case is AA and that LE knows it but does not want to open a can of worms by officially stating it, JMO.

I hope the LE finds something soon because already people are taking the side of RAT.

Randy Taylor’s Attorney Discusses Client's Legal Process

"This is a class 5 felony, carries anything for punishment up to 10 years. There's another type of abduction with the intent to defile. That is a much more serious charge that carries up to life in prison. But they don't have him charged with that they have him charged with simple abduction," Hallahan said.

Not only does the charge suggest to Hallahan that law enforcement doesn't have a lot of evidence, but he also points out that most defendants see the court in 30 days, but Taylor will sit in jail until January - nearly five months that will allow the prosecution to prepare its case.

Hallahan believes that, if left to their own devices, law enforcement and the commonwealth won't give him what evidence they do have until next spring, but he intends to get more information sooner than that.

"The best way to get information is to schedule a bond hearing because the commonwealth is required to tell why they need to be held in jail why they're a danger," Hallahan said.

Look at some of the comments that have been left under the article.

http://ht.ly/nWid8

Her last tweet was at 3:40:

I actually look cute right now.
Reply Retweet Favorite More
RETWEETS
FAVORITES
3:40 PM - 3 Aug 13

I understand the last call on her cell phone was at 7:20 to voicemail.

Unless the time on the twitter feed is not EST.

uote:
"This is a class 5 felony, carries anything for punishment up to 10 years. There's another type of abduction with the intent to defile. That is a much more serious charge that carries up to life in prison. But they don't have him charged with that they have him charged with simple abduction," Hallahan said. ***snip***http://ht.ly/nWid8

IMO, they have him charged with whatever they needed to keep him locked up until they can find as much as possible. They would have to have something (as an example, video of him dropping off her car-not saying they do, just an example) because after the last fiasco with Samantha Clarke, I cannot imagine any LE would put themselves in a position where they didn't have at least the charge they have against him rock solid.

The prosecution must have made a case for complexity to get the extended time (see below) or RT has a trial for the other case (petit larceny) and the time he will be in trial for that case is excluded from computing allowable time under the speedy trial rule. (See Excluded periods below)

http://www.americanbar.org/publications/criminal_justice_section_archive/crimjust_standards_speedytrial_blk.html

"b)The presumptive speedy trial time limit for persons held in pretrial detention should be [90] days from the date of the defendant’s first appearance in court after the filing of a charging instrument. "

and

"(d) Provision should be made for the court to determine, on motion of the prosecution or the defense or on its own motion, that a case is of such complexity that the presumptive speedy trial time limit should be extended in order to enable the parties to make adequate preparations for pretrial proceedings or for the trial itself. The court should give substantial weight to a motion for extension of the speedy trial limit on these grounds that is made, with good cause shown, by either the prosecution or the defense. In the event that a determination of complexity is made, the judge should establish a revised time limit and should state on the record the reasons for extending the time. A motion to extend the speedy trial time limit because of the complexity of the case should be made as soon as practicable."

Excluded periods
The following periods should be excluded in computing allowable time under the speedy trial rule or statute:

(a) The following periods should be excluded in computing allowable time under the speedy trial rule or statute:
(i) time that elapses during other proceedings in the case against the defendant, including but not limited to an examination and hearing on competency, a period during which the defendant is incompetent to stand trial, and any interlocutory appeals;
(ii) time that elapses during a period when the defendant is on trial or engaged in proceedings in a different case in the same or a different court and was therefore physically unavailable;

Sorry if this has already been posted but this is a good video from Vinnie Politan on HLN.
I warn you it is heartbreaking! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-04mNlnz2w"]Message to missing teen: We'll never stop looking! - YouTube[/ame]

the guy NG just had on just said that her last tweet was at 7:40??? what about the info that her last phone activity was 7:20??

smdh

WOW, he got that completely wrong. AM last tweet was at 6:40pm EST according to her twitter account @RealForlarin

Just maybe the *advertiser censored* store is only a marker that shows where the perp went after he left the gas station. Could mean nothing more. IMOO
I'm pretty sure he was at the *advertiser censored* store about 5pm on the Saturday, then headed to Lovingston, where Alexis was his quarry around 7.15pm.

If he rented (we really can't trust MSM if he bought or rented going with their form so far in this case and many others !) the videos, he would probably have to return them on Monday morning.
Someone said they saw the car in the Carmike lot at 10.00am that very morning.
He could have dumped the car, then arranged a meet up with his son as if everything was just normal and continued about his business hoping the coast was clear.

NG just said "Does RT have a secret lakeside hideout?" She says 30 police officers, K9 handlers, and agents are on scene. Dogs and ATVs are out there.

Maybe I've missed something...but I don't remember reading anything about a lake.
It has been mentioned by witnesses that he 'parked' his camper in an area around 'Greene Lake', before settling in Lovingston last Fall.
IIRC that lake is in the Ruckersville area.

Grandmother lives in the house it seems. It was abandoned for a few years, when she went to live with her daughter. He went to live with his mother @ the SC investigation (see below)

"Taylor lived in the trailer and ran power from the house to his home, said the owner of the 19-acre plot, Margaret Turner, who is the grandmother of Taylor’s teenage son.

Turner said she began fielding calls “from half of Nelson County” after investigators descended on her property early last week.

“I didn’t know what was going on until the FBI came to see me,” she said. “I don’t know what to think or what to do.”
The house sat vacant for years after she moved to Roseland to live with her daughter and Taylor’s son, Turner said.

The couple broke up when their son was a toddler and he lived with Taylor for years before moving in with his mother, she said.

The pair are on good terms and share time with their son, who was with Taylor all day the Monday after Murphy went missing, Turner said.

“What in the world is happening, I don’t know,” she said. “[His son] is crazy about his dad and his daddy loves him, I know that.”

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_55d4637c-048a-11e3-8856-0019bb30f31a.html
This doesn't say she lives on the property, only that she owns it, and that RT lived in the trailer. I read the BBM as Taylor's son lived with Taylor for years before (the son) moving in with his (the son's) mother.

The owner of the property is not RTs mother, it is RT's son's grandmother, maternal.

I have not seen an MSM about other things. The last one I saw was a directly quoted store employee stating he bought movies, and was there at 5. Does anyone have the article that states "other" things??

That is coming from me... My memory...

I will go back and check to see if I was correct..

Unless someone has found a link...

JMO

Her last tweet was at 3:40:

I understand the last call on her cell phone was at 7:20 to voicemail.

Unless the time on the twitter feed is not EST.
If you aren't logged into Twitter, it defaults to PST. (I looked that up last week) Makes the last Twitter time 6:40.

WOW, he got that completely wrong. AM last tweet was at 6:40pm EST according to her twitter account @RealForlarin

Hmmm...when I look at it it says 3:40. ??? I copied it above directly from the feed. I always thought as much of a tweeter that she was it was strange that she tweeted "Burg bound" at 3:40 and wasn't at the gas station until around 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675