Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know many discount what RAT said in regards to the drug dealer and the caprice classic, but with rat's way of providing an ounce of truth into every lie I can understand why this could be important on so many levels. From what I understand it was said the car was 20 years old. Did LE provide a pic of the body style or were year ranges given?

I ask for a few reasons. In the previous thread there were two pics posted of a caprice classic, but the pics were of the body style older than that. In 1991 (22 years ago) the body style was completely changed to the more rounded style.

Also, has anyone here that's local actually seen either?

I don't think LE ever really publicly commented on RT's story. We heard like a week later they'd had a BOLO for the car and had (maybe?) talked to the guy, but overall they are not talking to the public about it nor soliciting help. Hopefully that means they can completely discount the story.

I drove down 29 south today and thought (without checking sources) that the fundraiser event would have been at the Liberty gas station. It was eerie being at the location AM was last seen. Additionally I drove north on 29 toward Charlottesvile looking for any possible spots to potentially dispose a body. Essentially all turn offs look similar. She could be anywhere (if he had to dispose her. I hope not.). No police activity anywhere with one exception. A single cop SUV was investigating something on the northbound side of 29. I was going south at the time so I do not know what he was looking at. By the time I went north, the cop was gone.

Matt Talhelm (@MattTalhelm) tweeted at 9:48 PM on Sat, Aug 24, 2013:
Find out how much $ a benefit cruise-in raised to help the family of #AlexisMurphy in their search to find her...next on CW29 News at 10

I don't think LE ever really publicly commented on RT's story. We heard like a week later they'd had a BOLO for the car and had (maybe?) talked to the guy, but overall they are not talking to the public about it nor soliciting help. Hopefully that means they can completely discount the story.

Thanks. I have quite a feeling his story will come into play when it comes to trial. Of course, this is only my opinion...but I really do...even in the event of it being discounted. I think the car he refers to exists, as does the man, as do the drugs. I wonder if the car still belongs to the man though.

Here's a thought...

There's a man trying to sell his car... being RAT worked at a car lot, whether this man visited this lot or not...RAT would be more likely to notice
things like that. I don't think RAT would pick out a car and driver at random, especially not knowing anything about the driver...as the driver could end up being someone who retaliates against RAT if he goes free. So RAT gives a physical description of the man that owned and sold the car months ago knowing this man/car combo wouldn't likely be seen now...and also knowing there could still be people who verify they've seen a car driven by such a person a while back. RAT can then say...see he does exist, now go find him...believing no dots will be connected.

Just a thought.

I can understand where people not from around here may get certain lines of thinking...... this is the main reason both Trina and Angela have been the faces in the media... because Laura and Troy have enough to deal with already without having to deal with media too... just to add a little more clarity to the "type" of family this is... it is extremely close-knit... extended family members within this family are as close as one might find in most immediate families... this is a good family... a close, loving, and supportive family... the type of family many people wish they had... sorry... I just felt I needed to put that out there... :twocents:

"a little more clarity to the "type" of family this is... it is extremely close-knit... extended family members within this family are as close as one might find in most immediate families... this is a good family... a close, loving, and supportive family... the type of family many people wish they had... sorry..."

One can only imagine the horror and need for these men to find her. The father is surely leaving no known stone unturned. I know what its like. I saw my Dad and Uncles divide up and go on searches to every tip we got during our case. I imagining that there is some sign or even so horribly thinking about what is in the trunks of cars. How horrible to have to even think of looking for shallow grave. With us it was looking at every body of water. Looking for approaches or tire tracks.

I am sure your right and I hope and pray that male members of the family have many friends to keep them focused. I know how hard this is for them. I hope the closeness of the family keeps all as strong as possible.

This is so horrible, unless you have been in this phase, it is be-fare the most difficult. Until she is found the men and women are in he worst pain anyone could ever imagine. Please let her be found!

The problem with your analysis is that the DNA found matched DNA from a previous rape case.

That is not the problem, that is the point. If Taylor were involved he could have preserved the t-shirt for his insurance. Then displaying it. Thus taunting the Police, the family as well as sending a clear message.

Hey man, you though we disposed of that shirt. Well guess what, get out of the state you know the drill! Or else, I will tell em your real name and your parents name and your children's name.

See, this guy pointing to that beer container just maybe his undoing. Also he opened the door for LE to field test everything. They don't need a warrant at all.

He and his attorney opened the door! Field test all of he properties, all of the vehicles and his work places.

And the post above (#494) made me think about this scenario:

What if RAT gave a quick and barely noticeable puncture to AM's tire....you know the kind that would have made a slow yet steady leak? Easy enough to do it.

And in so doing, he creates a "damsel in distress" situation whereby he secretly follows her and invariably presents himself and pretends to be the hero and offer to fix her flat tire.
Throw in a little charm along the way plus let's not forget that he may seem somewhat "safe" 'cause he just chatted with her a little while before at the convenience store.....and then she is at his mercy. Abduction.

Just throwing it out there as a possibility.....

I have read that the Murphy family is tight-knit, etc. I don't doubt that it's true. But one thing doesn't make sense. It was reported that Alexis didn't even know where her grandma and uncle lived. That strikes me as odd for this family.

Also, I assume that it has been established that the scent the dogs picked up in the apartment complex lot was the scent of someone other than Alexis. That scent also leads me to believe the driver of the car didn't tow it. Otherwise, there would be no trail leading away from the car like that. I think police know that he had a helper. And here's the thing. If the helper was someone relatively oblivious to what RAT did, then that helper likely wouldn't have thought to keep his/her phone from pinging. I assume they have a good idea who may have met him in that parking lot. But I doubt that they have anything to warrant checking the person's phone pings.

I have read that the Murphy family is tight-knit, etc. I don't doubt that it's true. But one thing doesn't make sense. It was reported that Alexis didn't even know where her grandma and uncle lived. That strikes me as odd for this family.

Also, I assume that it has been established that the scent the dogs picked up in the apartment complex lot was the scent of someone other than Alexis. That scent also leads me to believe the driver of the car didn't tow it. Otherwise, there would be no trail leading away from the car like that. I think police know that he had a helper. And here's the thing. If the helper was someone relatively oblivious to what RAT did, then that helper likely wouldn't have thought to keep his/her phone from pinging. I assume they have a good idea who may have met him in that parking lot. But I doubt that they have anything to warrant checking the person's phone pings.

Not sure, but I thought it was said she did not know that the uncle lived there with grandmother...not necessarily that she did not know where grandmother lived. Maybe someone can clarify?

Not sure, but I thought it was said she did not know that the uncle lived there with grandmother...not necessarily that she did not know where grandmother lived. Maybe someone can clarify?

I saw on a local news report that some of the family had just moved into the apartment complex and she didn't know they lived there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

I'm suffering from information overload. I think I read it both ways in news reports.

In any case, I looked over some old posts, and there was some rumor that she had been spotted on 29 walking with a white male. I wonder if that was true.

Benefit was awesome.... Huge turn out, the Nelson community at its finest... Don't know how much they raised for family but it had to be a good bit, to say the least...

Also as side note, and please bear with me because I'm not feeling well... But talk in earlier posts about MH, and how tip described guys, one resembling Rader as reference... I watched show on MH again last night and happened to pause it while Rader was speaking... It was a big wow moment... I can certainly see how those tips should be considered as a theory concerning partners, with RAT as possible... The rssembance to description was uncanny... IMO ...that said I'm going to bed... Feel very yucky :(

Feel better, Moxie. Thanks for posting.

I drove down 29 south today and thought (without checking sources) that the fundraiser event would have been at the Liberty gas station. It was eerie being at the location AM was last seen. Additionally I drove north on 29 toward Charlottesvile looking for any possible spots to potentially dispose a body. Essentially all turn offs look similar. She could be anywhere (if he had to dispose her. I hope not.). No police activity anywhere with one exception. A single cop SUV was investigating something on the northbound side of 29. I was going south at the time so I do not know what he was looking at. By the time I went north, the cop was gone.

Charlottesville was bumped to the top on my radar after reading Aeronomy's recent post in the background thread. Here's the link to the post:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9782349&postcount=390"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9782349&postcount=390[/ame]

(I also still think that 20-30 miles South of the gas station is still a possibility based on red herrings/ patterns that have I have found in studying distance in other cases. JMO.)

Benefit was awesome.... Huge turn out, the Nelson community at its finest... Don't know how much they raised for family but it had to be a good bit, to say the least...

Also as side note, and please bear with me because I'm not feeling well... But talk in earlier posts about MH, and how tip described guys, one resembling Rader as reference... I watched show on MH again last night and happened to pause it while Rader was speaking... It was a big wow moment... I can certainly see how those tips should be considered as a theory concerning partners, with RAT as possible... The rssembance to description was uncanny... IMO ...that said I'm going to bed... Feel very yucky :(

I think that the tip was on the money that is why we saw Rader and others reaching out to the tipster. Rader even apologized publicly to the tipster for it being misfiled. Then again reached out to the tipster.

As too another's post as why do tips need to be posted here, that they should go to LE. Well we can see that VSP missed a few. So, I agree to contact FBI first. Then if a week goes buy or if time is the overwhelming issue posted parts of it here. Never post the sensitive parts.

This important to prove time stamps.

Say 3 months go by, now you can see the info was a good tip due to facts that could not have been possible known to the public at the time of the tip.

This is tried and true.

One can even say the post about the tipster being pissed at local LE and VSP being overlooked was time stamped correctly on a board. THEN VSP had to respond.

Posting certain things here can aid in the investigation.
Remember FBI and local LE are overwhelmed. Providing a chronologically log allows them to discard tips as well as give others merit.

Anyone that has lost a family member due to murder knows to not revile certain details. Time stamps are so important.

WHat if a tipster says she changed her nail polish color. Well maybe only mom or her friend knew that. Having not been released it allows LE to zero in on other information in the tip.

Posting her can help. It also does allow other victim's families to express thoughts. That is needed and perhaps this family will someday use this exercise. God bless them!

And, Taylor does look like Rader! Thanks for speaking up!

I did originally have the thought that the "familial ties to FBI" meant that a family member of AM was an FBI agent...

but then... I wouldn't think that information would be put out to the public in that way...

It could be perceived that since AM is related to someone in the FBI... That she is getting more attention/service by LE/FBI... Than someone in the public who does not have family ties to the FBI...

It could be perceived as "favoritism" ... And could cause backlash from the public...

Just some thoughts...

"There are also a few on the way to Charlottesville. Im told they are mostly filled with water and very deep"

I mile due south of Anchorage Farm, with railroad access! Quarry! Remember this: Creosote!

"There are also a few on the way to Charlottesville. Im told they are mostly filled with water and very deep"

I mile due south of Anchorage Farm, with railroad access! Quarry! Remember this: Creosote!

Why is it the bodies of water are not mentioned. It's a fact that lakes were being looked at.

Do his vehicles have tailor-hitches, come on! If I was her father I would gather all of my friends and go to the lakes. Just bow up the photos of tire tracks!

Man, her family must be just lost on where to look. Start there! look for those type of track!

My money is a cheap or combo ski- fishing boat. Maybe just a aluminum canoe. But darn'it. If you need a place to start once again this may not just be shot in the dark.

The longer it goes without her being found, a body of water is worth the resources.

Gods Speed!

It was obvious his employment was based around autos due to fact based accounts; that he liked cars. An anonymous person stating he was "an avid car buff" is not a fact; it is Anon's view of RAT's fondness.

And his criminal record is public. An "anonymous" and un-named source mean nothing to me. I could care less what one neighbor's opinion is of him- especially an un-named one.

I am entitled to my opinion and how and what I wish to view as important pertaining to any case on WS.- per the TOS of this site. Agree to disagree;

Hi Mom, what article, and who is Anon? Did I miss something? Just wanted to say, maybe I'm wrong, but most people on here are anonymous. Everyone
deserves the right to a fair trial. I'm not a seasoned WSer, but even I am picking up on the fact that this RAT is probably not going to go free. He has done something that the judge feels he can't go free until said fair trial. And while people, myself included, can feel Christian empathy for a person who has thrown their life away to the Devil, I don't see very many on this board
defending him; but I do see alot of people brainstorming as to where he might have placed Alexis.

He has an arson conviction where he burnt a car to try to collect insurance. He also has worked as a repo man. Not car theft, but it means he would have the skills if he ever wanted to. All the jobs we know about his having center around cars.

Was the arson of the vehicle by RAT in 2002, for insurance fraud or for other nefarious reasons? Arson is a common practice used to destroy dna/forensics and other indicting evidence by predators. Was there any violent unsolved sexual assaults or missing persons cases prior to the 2002 arson incident?

Taylor's encounters: Aquaintances recall abduction suspect as hearing looms

<sniped & BBM>

After hanging out with Taylor for six months, the former friend says, it seemed to him "there was something off with Randy. Everything was always someone else's fault."

In 2004, according to Albemarle County District Court records, Taylor faced a number of charges, but despite pleading guilty to arson for the 2002 torching of a Dodge Ram conversion van, he served no time.

Taylor, who was born in Pensacola, Florida, according to Albemarle district court records, had lived in New Jersey and told the former friend he didn't like going to the Garden State because "the cops harassed him." The former friend says Taylor didn't offer more details on that alleged harassment.

In Virginia, the former friend says, Taylor enjoyed watching crime shows&#8212; 48 Hours and CSI were his favorites, says the friend&#8212;

http://www.readthehook.com/110023/taylors-encounters-aquaintances-recall-abduction-suspect

My opinion of RAT, based on his past antisocial and criminal behavior and other known personality traits and acts:

As in any culture, or in any community spread across this great nation. There are those among us who refuse or are unable to adapt to a civilized society, skirting the rules and laws that guide the rest of us through life. Fortunately they are the exception rather than the rule.

Due to their selfish need to fulfill their evil desires or sexual fantasies, their lack of empathy for humanity, as well as their self assurance of remaining anonymous or stealth by hiding behind their masks of normalcy (at least in the darkness of their minds), they resort to the unimaginable, or unconscionable deviant behavior..

These psychopathic predators, who know no boundaries of sanity, prey on unsuspecting innocent victims.

Many of these predators hone their skills with each innocent victim devoured, increasing their confidence, while causing escalation.
Although, most of these predators have an uncanny ability to shield their motives, with their expressionless faces, while hiding behind their fake smiles, combined with their lifeless eyes can not conceal their true intentions.

The only effective weapon that we all posses, is detection: Be cautious, adhere to personal safety rules, and 'Trust your Natural Instincts'.

We all must be on guard 24/7-365, and look out for one another. No one, in any US town is immune to becoming an innocent victim of the silent epidemic of missing/murdered persons, imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc