Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAT's story was made up after evidence led to him and he was questioned.

The evidence they have is enough to hold him and charge him.

There is a gag order on the case, partly due to witness testimony. Witness testimony that most likely proves his story is bogus.

RAT has a rap sheet a mile long.

RAT is a liar and storyteller. That's who he is and he has had many years of practice doing it.

When I combine all of the above together, I see no reason to even discuss his "story" beyond the fact that it's a lie. Unfortunately, I've encountered the compulsive liar type and it's almost like they seem to believe what they say. That's why con artists are so successful. It's not until you get to know the person well enough, or catch them in enough of their lies that you begin to figure them out. I've seen con artists, con other con artists.:floorlaugh:

Sorry, I'm just venting. IMO, he is responsible for other deaths and got away with it and that makes me furious that he roamed free to kill again. When I see his picture the creep factor seems to permeate my computer screen.

What still terrifies me is that the drug dealer story was fabricated after the lawyer or someone else read people discussing the possibility, after having discovered AM's twitter etc weed references. It's too coincidental otherwise that RAT and his team made up a story that creates reasonable doubt because that SM "evidence" is there.

What still terrifies me is that the drug dealer story was fabricated after the lawyer or someone else read people discussing the possibility, after having discovered AM's twitter etc weed references. It's too coincidental otherwise that RAT and his team made up a story that creates reasonable doubt because that SM "evidence" is there.

Was there more than just her references to smoking weed and his story involving weed?

I'm glad you know how far a dealer will go to make a sale.. Truth is you don't!!! $60 is likely a slice or a cut aka an eighth (3.5 grams). Some dealers are " night riders" meaning they drive around, some hang on the corner, and other stay home and make you come to them. Where you're coming up with your logic is beyond me. Nobody but AM and RAT know what truly happened, and it's possible they met at a midway point to get the smoke. $60 worth of pot could also be a quarter or a half if the weed is brick weed instead of hydro, so getting rid of a quarter or a half is a big deal. In all likely hood RAT story is bogus, and I can't imagine why a girl who looks like AM would give someone who looks like RAT the time of day let alone get him smoke. He's creative I'll give him that, but he's lying and I would venture to say the video at the gas station will show how she got into his car or how he got into her car and my guess is the vid isn't going to be pretty.

Im sorry im city lawyer for over 45 yrs. I have seen some biggest drug dealers on east coast in the state of virginia you never heard of.. So trust me I know how drug dealers work.

I have seen kids 14 yrs old making 5 thousand a week , So trust me when it tell you $60 is not enough for 3 people to drive miles to do that deal. Maybe your thinking it is so but trust me its a petty every day sale. I have talked to many drug dealer in my life time and 60$ is not enough to do a client hook up for miles away to drive among 3 people. 350$ is the norm, calling is the norm.

I don't know if your following this case or was just venting because in Mr.T aylor own claim They drove to see this dealer and then all 3 drove back to his camper. So I don't get how you came up with he abducted her on video tape in gas station. If this was the case. \They'd have a pending murder charge on him.

But just for saying sake did you see him do these acts in the gas station that day.?Because this is 1st time I heard this version of the acts your talking.

I wouldn't presume to comment on the drug scene in a big city, but in our suburban-to-rural area, there's a low-end market that caters to the occasional small-scale buyer. You could probably call it the party market or something. People who want a couple of pills for a concert or a couple of joints for a party. I'm not up on the precise terminology these days but it's the same ballpark as the story RT made up.

Con men like this always amaze me with their ability to put together totally untrue stories in which no individual piece is identifiably false. Like the character of Verbal in the movie Usual Suspects.

I think Rat's lawyer just threw a bone out for the Prosecution with the fact he "sold" $60 worth of pot. Lower charge...heck yea. The tweets gave the dude the means to do it. "My client is guilty of selling under" an ounce or whatever. "He's guilty of that, but not murder,"....

The only thing that has been good to watch, is the tensed up, high anxiety twitchings of RAT in court.

Power to the Prosecution. Darn bad it's gagged.

RT made up this whole story but he also threw in that AM didn't participate in smoking with them. I wonder why he would add that in?

I'm glad you know how far a dealer will go to make a sale.. Truth is you don't!!! $60 is likely a slice or a cut aka an eighth (3.5 grams). Some dealers are " night riders" meaning they drive around, some hang on the corner, and other stay home and make you come to them. Where you're coming up with your logic is beyond me. Nobody but AM and RAT know what truly happened, and it's possible they met at a midway point to get the smoke. $60 worth of pot could also be a quarter or a half if the weed is brick weed instead of hydro, so getting rid of a quarter or a half is a big deal. In all likely hood RAT story is bogus, and I can't imagine why a girl who looks like AM would give someone who looks like RAT the time of day let alone get him smoke. He's creative I'll give him that, but he's lying and I would venture to say the video at the gas station will show how she got into his car or how he got into her car and my guess is the vid isn't going to be pretty.

I'll agree with this all other than the delivery, no need to be hostile, not everyone here has bought drugs or sold them - so not everyone knows the way it works.

I'll echo though that it makes no logical sense that Alex would hook HIM up. He's older, why the hell is he asking a young female where to score? Even the 17 year old version of me (who was using much heavier things) would have thought "Okay Mister officer.. sure, let me call someone" (not). I would have been so hinky on that. I get that she's from a small town and I'm from Chicago but even the suburban girls I knew wouldn't have went with someone like that, unless they were "sick" and Alex wasn't using hard drugs, getting a cut of the money or a close friend. In other words, no incentive and no cool points for certain. I don't know why RAT thought his story made any damn sense.

I think RAT followed her case immediately afterwards and read her social media, from there he concocted a story. The drugs are his story that he concocted. I really hope her family gets closure this holiday season. I really do.

Im sorry im city lawyer for over 45 yrs. I have seen some biggest drug dealers on east coast in the state of virginia you never heard of.. So trust me I know how drug dealers work.

I have seen kids 14 yrs old making 5 thousand a week , So trust me when it tell you $60 is not enough for 3 people to drive miles to do that deal. Maybe your thinking it is so but trust me its a petty every day sale. I have talked to many drug dealer in my life time and 60$ is not enough to do a client hook up for miles away to drive among 3 people. 350$ is the norm, calling is the norm.

I don't know if your following this case or was just venting because in Mr.T aylor own claim They drove to see this dealer and then all 3 drove back to his camper. So I don't get how you came up with he abducted her on video tape in gas station. If this was the case. \They'd have a pending murder charge on him.

But just for saying sake did you see him do these acts in the gas station that day.?Because this is 1st time I heard this version of the acts your talking.

As a recovering junkie (addict would be too kind), I know low level dealers that would have carried weight for 60.00 or had their runners do it and often do. If I made a phone call right now someone from brooklyn would come into manhattan to deliver 20.00 worth. It happens. Would they be pleased? no, it doesn't even cover the cab ride - which is why they try to hook you onto something else while there to make it worth it or to buy more. Even low level guys do this crap. "Hey man, know anyone that would want this? Trying to get rid of it? Got an extra 20 and I'll toss you a bit extra?". When you're put on the spot in an intimidating situation, you are likely to impulse buy. It's about delivery and consistence of the operation as well as what they are getting rid of. 60 bucks of pot depends on the strain. You could get a lot or very little. 60 bucks of smack in Chicago is 6 bindles (10 a bindle) and 60 dollars worth of pills.. you get the point. Depends on how much for that amount.. They want you to continue use their service with the least amount of running back and forth to where things are kept. Now, that's SOME and not all. Not too many dealers want addicts of any kind knowing where they live, for numerous reasons - just like tons of addicts don't want their dealers to know where they live. That's why people get busted doing deals in parking lots, bars and gas stations. I don't know of too many that welcome you over to their home, I would be a tad weary of hanging out at a known dealers house.

It's shady and 60 dollars is 60 dollars. Higher-ups employ runners and runners employ peddlers (people that do it for a cut of the drug and not the money). I do not think RAT's story is true though, just wanted to point out from the perspective from a drug user reality. My point is that if you're pretty, female and don't get in the way, even dealers will do a lot for your 20.00. That's just fact.

Could there have been additional charges considering her age?

Yes. He is still going to get that charge regardless( illegal dist to a minor) you have to do drug with them, its that that he has minor there doing drugs.. As a for drinking beer. You cant drink it around a minor or buy with a minor. it wont be dropped.

I think they will single file the charges ,which best thing to do for him. More time

18.2-248.02 States Allowing a minor or incapacitated person to be present during manufacture or attempted manufacture 10-40yrsmax

18.2-248.01 states- Transporting controlled substances into the Commonwealth; penalty 5- 30 yrs, and 10k fine

18.2-248 1.1 States-Penalties for possession, sale, gift, or distribution of or possession with intent to sell, give. 5-30yrs max, 5k$ fine

That's about 80 yrs even with murder charge if set at max. but thats nt allthe charges they can hit him with I'm counting 23.

These are not counting the abduction charges or what ever else that are pending or assumed. The federals will seek max sentence on every charge, that's how thy work

As a recovering junkie (addict would be too kind), I know low level dealers that would have carried weight for 60.00 or had their runners do it and often do. If I made a phone call right now someone from brooklyn would come into manhattan to deliver 20.00 worth. It happens. Would they be pleased? no, it doesn't even cover the cab ride - which is why they try to hook you onto something else while there to make it worth it or to buy more. Even low level guys do this crap. "Hey man, know anyone that would want this? Trying to get rid of it? Got an extra 20 and I'll toss you a bit extra?". When you're put on the spot in an intimidating situation, you are likely to impulse buy. It's about delivery and consistence of the operation as well as what they are getting rid of. 60 bucks of pot depends on the strain. You could get a lot or very little. 60 bucks of smack in Chicago is 6 bindles (10 a bindle) and 60 dollars worth of pills.. you get the point. Depends on how much for that amount.. They want you to continue use their service with the least amount of running back and forth to where things are kept. Now, that's SOME and not all. Not too many dealers want addicts of any kind knowing where they live, for numerous reasons - just like tons of addicts don't want their dealers to know where they live. That's why people get busted doing deals in parking lots, bars and gas stations. I don't know of too many that welcome you over to their home, I would be a tad weary of hanging out at a known dealers house.

It's shady and 60 dollars is 60 dollars. Higher-ups employ runners and runners employ peddlers (people that do it for a cut of the drug and not the money). I do not think RAT's story is true though, just wanted to point out from the perspective from a drug user reality. My point is that if you're pretty, female and don't get in the way, even dealers will do a lot for your 20.00. That's just fact.

I understand your points and respect your saying because alot of what you say is the break down of the whole matter. Thank you

Yes. He is still going to get that charge regardless( illegal dist to a minor) you have to do drug with them, its that that he has minor there doing drugs.. As a for drinking beer. You cant drink it around a minor or buy with a minor. it wont be dropped.

I think they will single file the charges ,which best thing to do for him. More time

18.2-248.02 States Allowing a minor or incapacitated person to be present during manufacture or attempted manufacture 10-40yrsmax

18.2-248.01 states- Transporting controlled substances into the Commonwealth; penalty 5- 30 yrs, and 10k fine

18.2-248 1.1 States-Penalties for possession, sale, gift, or distribution of or possession with intent to sell, give. 5-30yrs max, 5k$ fine

That's about 80 yrs even with murder charge if set at max. but thats nt allthe charges they can hit him with I'm counting 23.

These are not counting the abduction charges or what ever else that are pending or assumed. The federals will seek max sentence on every charge, that's how thy work

RAT telling a story and what actually happened are two different things though. They can't charge him for offenses that never occurred. What is the difference in him soliciting a minor to obtain drugs for him and her actually participating in smoking with him. Either way it paints him in a bad light and smoking pot these days is so freely and openly done. It's not considered as taboo as it used to be and people don't go find hiding places to smoke or make transactions. They do it in broad daylight in parking lots.

Maybe he stated that she didn't smoke with them, in case her body was found with no THC content. That would cover his butt in his story, if he were later requestioned about the events.

I don't understand how the statutes that you have cited, would have any bearing on this case.

Alexis is still gone. RAT was the last one to see her. This is what I believe.

I hope he's finally ran out of luck or his deal with the devil expired because this guy has gotten away with his own agenda for too long.

Somehow I doubt this guy will ever confess to anything, i.e the location of Alexis or Samantha. He made such a fuss about being investigated last time. I hope they are found somehow, but it won't be due to help from him, IMO.

RAT telling a story and what actually happened are two different things though. They can't charge him for offenses that never occurred. What is the difference in him soliciting a minor to obtain drugs for him and her actually participating in smoking with him. Either way it paints him in a bad light and smoking pot these days is so freely and openly done. It's not considered as taboo as it used to be and people don't go find hiding places to smoke or make transactions. They do it in broad daylight in parking lots.

Maybe he stated that she didn't smoke with them, in case her body was found with no THC content. That would cover his butt in his story, if he were later requestioned about the events.

I don't understand how the statutes that you have cited, would have any bearing on this case.
BBM: Considering how well informed RAT appears to be regarding the law, this makes the most sense to me. But then, that would mean he DOES have some fear, (however remote we don't really know), that she COULD be found and tested. hummmmmm

BBM: Considering how well informed RAT appears to be regarding the law, this makes the most sense to me. But then, that would mean he DOES have some fear, (however remote we don't really know), that she COULD be found and tested. hummmmmm

Thats always what I thought too. He threw that out there in the chance she would be found.

I understand your point of view. As from a law perspective. its doesn't matter if its a lie or the truth , Either way he will be charged with it because he presented a violation of the law within a minor. If its a lie then he'll get a perjury charge among other charges like false information and etc. Very serious on federal level.

If its the truth( from his own claim) they can hit him with those charges if they find her body or not. She does not have to take part in the drugs using, she was there to buy the drugs and set drug transactions, she is a minor also setting up drug deal in the future with him ( his claim). He is going to get that charge regardless. That a very serious charge which is hard to beat on a federal level.

He can even be charged with a forming a drug ring within a minor. I'm just going by his claim. I'm not saying or claiming they actually did this. This is just going by his own say.

Either way he is done. Lie or not.

yes what I cited is going by his claim they cn charge him with those automatic, because he brought it as proof to his case to defend himself.

I understand your point of view. As from a law perspective. its doesn't matter if its a lie or the truth , Either way he will be charged with it because he presented a violation of the law within a minor. If its a lie then he'll get a perjury charge among other charges like false information and etc. Very serious on federal level.

If its the truth( from his own claim) they can hit him with those charges if they find her body or not. She does not have to take part in the drugs using, she was there to buy the drugs and set drug transactions, she is a minor also setting up drug deal in the future with him ( his claim). He is going to get that charge regardless. That a very serious charge which is hard to beat on a federal level.

He can even be charged with a forming a drug ring within a minor. I'm just going by his claim. I'm not saying or claiming they actually did this. This is just going by his own say.

Either way he is done. Lie or not.

These are the Virginia codes that you cited in your previous post none of which apply to his lie or truth whichever way a person tends to look at it.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+TOC18020000007000000000000

The first one cited applies to the manufacture of meth and is the only one of the three that has language concerning a minor

§ 18.2-248.02. Allowing a minor or incapacitated person to be present during manufacture or attempted manufacture of methamphetamine prohibited; penalties.

Any person 18 years of age or older who knowingly allows (i) a minor under the age of 15, (ii) a minor 15 years of age or older with whom he maintains a custodial relationship, including but not limited to as a parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, or who stands in loco parentis with respect to such minor, or (iii) a mentally incapacitated or physically helpless person of any age, to be present in the same dwelling, apartment as defined by § 55-79.2, unit of a hotel as defined in § 35.1-1, garage, shed, or vehicle during the manufacture or attempted manufacture of methamphetamine as prohibited by subsection C1 of § 18.2-248 is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not less than 10 nor more than 40 years. This penalty shall be in addition to and served consecutively with any other sentence.

§ 18.2-248.01. Transporting controlled substances into the Commonwealth; penalty.

Except as authorized in the Drug Control Act (§ 54.1-3400 et seq.) it is unlawful for any person to transport into the Commonwealth by any means with intent to sell or distribute one ounce or more of cocaine, coca leaves or any salt, compound, derivative or preparation thereof as described in Schedule II of the Drug Control Act or one ounce or more of any other Schedule I or II controlled substance or five or more pounds of marijuana. A violation of this section shall constitute a separate and distinct felony. Upon conviction, the person shall be sentenced to not less than five years nor more than 40 years imprisonment, three years of which shall be a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment, and a fine not to exceed $1,000,000. A second or subsequent conviction hereunder shall be punishable by a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of 10 years, which shall be served consecutively with any other sentence.

The last one you cited applies to synthetic drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member