Victim: Amber Lynn Costello, 27, missing Sept 2010, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *Rex Heuermann charged*

Come on, Guys, I think this is funny, but lets not get carried away here. I am a recovered alcoholic, and it is most likely this man is a good guy, so let's tread lightly.

He's got ties to Manhattan and Oak Beach-two locations involved in these crimes. Does he also happen to run a rehab program out of his house? This youtube ad should be sent to Melissa's family members and Shannan's mother ASAP. Does anyone want to contact them? I know that Shannan's mother can be reached on Facebook. She might be able to pass this along to Melissa's family since she's in touch with them. Someone should do this quickly before this ad "disappears" from Youtube. I'd volunteer to do this, but I'm not from the area and I don't know as much about him as you guys seem to. If nobody wants to, then I can do it.

It would be illegal for him to run a treatment program from out of his house, and I doubt he would want to risk losing his drug treatment center's accreditation by working out of his home. But knock yourself out. How many people that live on Long Island have connections or work in Manhattan?

I think it would need to be verified that she actually went through that treatment program. Prostitutes don't usually have health insurance and it doesn't look to me like the treatment program would be cheap or free.

I think it would need to be verified that she actually went through that treatment program. Prostitutes don't usually have health insurance and it doesn't look to me like the treatment program would be cheap or free.

Good point, although I do know that there are a lot of treatment programs that accept Medicaid. It's possible that her treatment was paid for through Medicaid or as part of a court order. I didn't think it was his LI connection in particular that made him sound suspicious, but rather his Oak Beach connection. He lives in that neighborhood. Since SG's mother reportedly received a phone call about Shannan supposedly being in treatment, it raised my suspicion. Just my opinion.

From much experience with other recovering alcoholics, I can tell you that Medicaid will not cover private treatment facilities. They probably cost about $30K at least now. I think it is more likely Amber's roommate made up this story of how they met. The real way they met would probably not be something he would tell everybody.

He has weird eyes! They are spaced a little further apart then most and that left eye is almost a lazy eye! Didn't the cops show some of the victims families a picture of a guy with a lazy eye?

From this past Sunday's Newsday (I know a lot of people don't have access but they do name the rehab Amber went to):

"She attended a 28-day rehab program at St. Charles Hospital in Port Jefferson, where Brodsky said he met her. Both of them relapsed into drug use by the following spring."

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/did-gilgo-victims-let-their-guards-down-1.2950472

ETA: That's not to say Amber hadn't been to other rehabs in the past, it's not uncommon for addicts to be in and out of different detox or rehab facilities

RBBM
Unless she injured herself, I don't think this is the hospital she was at... Looks to be physical type rehab for accidents, strokes... etc. I couldn't find any reference to drug rehab. (Link)

Come on, Guys, I think this is funny, but lets not get carried away here. I am a recovered alcoholic, and it is most likely this man is a good guy, so let's tread lightly.

Thanks redbird. This recovering drug addict was feeling the same way. Although this guy may need some sleuthing his past or any of ours doesn't equal serial killer. It equals one crappy disease!

It would be illegal for him to run a treatment program from out of his house, and I doubt he would want to risk losing his drug treatment center's accreditation by working out of his home. But knock yourself out. How many people that live on Long Island have connections or work in Manhattan?

If that was a general question all I can offer is MANY as an answer. Tyring to use that as a searching tool is like a needle in a haystack.

From much experience with other recovering alcoholics, I can tell you that Medicaid will not cover private treatment facilities. They probably cost about $30K at least now. I think it is more likely Amber's roommate made up this story of how they met. The real way they met would probably not be something he would tell everybody.

Redbird you are correct here I was going to say that medicaid can be aquired at many facilities to pay for treatment. I know for a fact that St. Charles is one of them. You do not need health insurance to go there.

RBBM
Unless she injured herself, I don't think this is the hospital she was at... Looks to be physical type rehab for accidents, strokes... etc. I couldn't find any reference to drug rehab. (Link)

I beleive it was answered but, yes there is definitely a drug treatment program at St. Charles. It's a great hospital as well!

Also just my opinion but have to throw it out there.
That rehab looks like a big scam to me. Not many of the good ones around have commercials like that on TV. That looks like one of those bad lawyer commercials you see while watching Jerry Springer! :floorlaugh:

Also just my opinion but have to throw it out there.
That rehab looks like a big scam to me. Not many of the good ones around have commercials like that on TV. That looks like one of those bad lawyer commercials you see while watching Jerry Springer! :floorlaugh:

I was googling last night and the rehab commercial on youtube was actually done way back in 1993....

also, I was wondering yesterday if Gilbert's mother or Barthelemy's sister might recognize the voice....by the same token, I wonder if Brewer's voice was familiar to either of them??

What struck me as strange with this victim (ALC) is that her previous residence was in the Tampa Bay Florida area - there is a confirmed serial killer working in the Daytona Beach area - and there have also been media reports that 19 unsolved homicides tallied from Tampa to Daytona may be the work of one or more serial killers. The fact that she didn't follow her normal safety precautions may mean she was familiar with her potential "date" - could the LI serial killer case be related to one or more serial killers operating in Central Florida?

What struck me as strange with this victim (ALC) is that her previous residence was in the Tampa Bay Florida area - there is a confirmed serial killer working in the Daytona Beach area - and there have also been media reports that 19 unsolved homicides tallied from Tampa to Daytona may be the work of one or more serial killers. The fact that she didn't follow her normal safety precautions may mean she was familiar with her potential "date" - could the LI serial killer case be related to one or more serial killers operating in Central Florida?

Why, yet again, does my mind fly right back to HA? Ties to AC and one of the AC victims, ties to Long Island, ties to Fl... :waitasec:

ALC went missing on 2 Sep 2010 isn't that the day hurricain Earl made land fall? That is very risky. The storm did not hit LI direct on, but to pick up a prostitute the day the storm might hit is pretty nuts. Locals? Any help?

ALC went missing on 2 Sep 2010 isn't that the day hurricain Earl made land fall? That is very risky. The storm did not hit LI direct on, but to pick up a prostitute the day the storm might hit is pretty nuts. Locals? Any help?

Ill think about it, but honestly i dont remember earl well and i pray for hurricanes for waves, and usually remember where I was etc. Now if it was Irene that might tell us some thing.....
Maybe he has ermengency services to provide during such events ...wink wink.
And you can cross off boat use for anyone who still has it on their whiteboard.

Ill think about it, but honestly i dont remember earl well and i pray for hurricanes for waves, and usually remember where I was etc. Now if it was Irene that might tell us some thing.....
Maybe he has ermengency services to provide during such events ...wink wink.
And you can cross off boat use for anyone who still has it on their whiteboard.

Maybe his job was such that he was unable to work during inclement weather. Fisherman, someone who worked on homes or in various construction jobs, so forth.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back