Victim: Melissa Barthelemy, 24, missing July 2009, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *Rex Heuermann charged* #2

Is it possible that Melissa Barthelemy’s sister would ever forget EXACTLY what that caller’s voice sounded like? Not in a thousand years...

She would be able to recognize his voice IMMEDIATELY if she ever heard it again. Have law enforcement (SCPD/FBI) ever had her review voice samples of any one who was ever considered a POI/suspect? And if not, why not?

Is it possible that Melissa Barthelemy’s sister would ever forget EXACTLY what that caller’s voice sounded like? Not in a thousand years...

She would be able to recognize his voice IMMEDIATELY if she ever heard it again. Have law enforcement (SCPD/FBI) ever had her review voice samples of any one who was ever considered a POI/suspect? And if not, why not?
I've always wondered about this too, I mean its the closest link in all of this.

They MUST have done that...
Right?
And if they didn’t do it...
Again. why not?

They MUST have done that...
Right?
And if they didn’t do it...
Again. why not?
I can't remember which doc it was, I think it was The Killing Season when they interviewed her and had her wear head phones regarding a certain POI's voice. She said it wasn't him. I do remember her saying in one interview that she is tired of the attention that its bringer her way...can't say I blame her for that, its gotta be hard. I agree why wouldn't they get the POI's in and record there voices and have her listen to them? I can't say I've heard anything about that being done.

While I’m sure that she does not want to relive those experiences, and relive the emotional trauma that they surely produced, and will surely reproduce again if she revisits them, she is one of the only individuals—perhaps the only one—who is not tied to Suffolk County directly in relation to LISK investigation who could possibly identify the killer (by voice). And whatever recordings that exist (and text messages, I believe as well), are some of the only pieces of hard evidence in this case that exist. Positively identifying this individual’s voice may be the key to opening up the door in obtaining subpoenas of phone records and possibly search warrants.

While I’m sure that she does not want to relive those experiences, and relive the emotional trauma that they surely produced, and will surely reproduce again if she revisits them, she is one of the only individuals—perhaps the only one—who is not tied to Suffolk County directly in relation to LISK investigation who could possibly identify the killer (by voice). And whatever recordings that exist (and text messages, I believe as well), are some of the only pieces of hard evidence in this case that exist. Positively identifying this individual’s voice may be the key to opening up the door in obtaining subpoenas of phone records and possibly search warrants.
Yes exactly! Thing is, are the records still there? Things seem to mysteriously disappear in this case when it comes to evidence. The calls that were made to her were threatening as well, I can't imagine how terrifying its been for her knowing he knows who she is, what she looks like and where she lived (at the time). Nothing like looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life. Does anyone else have any info as to if these calls had been investigated more?

Yes exactly! Thing is, are the records still there? Things seem to mysteriously disappear in this case when it comes to evidence. The calls that were made to her were threatening as well, I can't imagine how terrifying its been for her knowing he knows who she is, what she looks like and where she lived (at the time). Nothing like looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life. Does anyone else have any info as to if these calls had been investigated more?
Well I do recall that it was the NYPD, and not SCPD, that worked with Melissa’s family re: the initial missing persons report filing (which is detailed pretty thoroughly in the Season 1 LISK: Long Island Serial Killer podcast) and subsequent wiretap/recordings...
So at least those are somewhat separate from whatever SCPD did or didn’t do under the Burke/Spota regime.

Thanks for that info, I will listen to that podcast (its been a while). I remember John Ray saying in one of his media interviews that with all the stalling, cover ups etc.,... things go stale...meaning people with info die, dna ( if any) goes stagnant etc., everything just gets old and "gone". Sometimes I think that because of the corruption, they covered it up knowing that it would compromise their "boys club". Perhaps its someone that no one is looking at? It's out there but a person has to consider this. I was just studying Dennis Gatskill, he was arrested on September 4th 2010. Amber and Meagan were both murdered prior to this date after SG. Any thoughts?

Thanks for that info, I will listen to that podcast (its been a while). I remember John Ray saying in one of his media interviews that with all the stalling, cover ups etc.,... things go stale...meaning people with info die, dna ( if any) goes stagnant etc., everything just gets old and "gone". Sometimes I think that because of the corruption, they covered it up knowing that it would compromise their "boys club". Perhaps its someone that no one is looking at? It's out there but a person has to consider this. I was just studying Dennis Gatskill, he was arrested on September 4th 2010. Amber and Meagan were both murdered prior to this date after SG. Any thoughts?
I strongly believe he was responsible for the AC4.

I’m not familiar with the name; I’ll have to check it out...
It’s possible for sure; or something similar, i.e. someone that had already been checked out ( y’know and ‘cleared’) under the Spota/ Burke regime, that is either still living or now deceased. There has been more than one WS member that has claimed that incriminating photos of some type had been uncovered in a safe in Bissett’s office.

I can't remember which doc it was, I think it was The Killing Season when they interviewed her and had her wear head phones regarding a certain POI's voice. She said it wasn't him. I do remember her saying in one interview that she is tired of the attention that its bringer her way...can't say I blame her for that, its gotta be hard. I agree why wouldn't they get the POI's in and record there voices and have her listen to them? I can't say I've heard anything about that being done.
Yes, it was T.K.S.

Right, which implies that she WOULD most likely be able to recognize the voice of the individual who made the calls if she heard a sample of his voice. I wonder how many samples of past POIs she was asked to listen to by LE (if any), for example:
Joe Brewer?
Peter Hackett?
James Bissett?
Jimmy Burke?

On the phone calls, did the killer ever refer to Melissa as a shrew (in addition to calling her a half-breed)? Does anybody know? Just curious.

Where the cell phone thing is concerned I know I had pics on my phone in 2009 also. He hunted them on Craigslist AND used their phones to stalk them. He could have found out everything about those girls via phone stalking and yes it was available at that time. That is why he is obsessed with the phones.

I have been interested in this case since I saw the story on TV. I feel so sorry for the victim's family's. I put together some of the clues. I like to think outside of the box. My suspect is Marilyn Manson. He fits the description of a sick killer. He was arrested in New Hampshire in 2019. He is an artist. All his wife's were similar to the woman who were killed in looks. Just a guess. Innocent until proven guilty.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back