Victim: Melissa Barthelemy, 24, missing July 2009, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *Rex Heuermann charged* #2

I have been interested in this case since I saw the story on TV. I feel so sorry for the victim's family's. I put together some of the clues. I like to think outside of the box. My suspect is Marilyn Manson. He fits the description of a sick killer. He was arrested in New Hampshire in 2019. He is an artist. All his wife's were similar to the woman who were killed in looks. Just a guess. Innocent until proven guilty.

I like thinking outside of the box, too, Pulled Onion, and your suspect is an interesting one. Only problem that we have with Marilyn Manson would be that he was on tour, in the west/southwest during Melissa's disappearance; and I think was also on tour during Maureen's disappearance, which would break up thinking GB4 are related to one another. It's an interesting premise though, and one never knows--especially with this case! Here's a link I found for some of Marilyn Manson's former tour dates:

https://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Marilyn_Manson_tours

I like thinking outside of the box, too, Pulled Onion, and your suspect is an interesting one. Only problem that we have with Marilyn Manson would be that he was on tour, in the west/southwest during Melissa's disappearance; and I think was also on tour during Maureen's disappearance, which would break up thinking GB4 are related to one another. It's an interesting premise though, and one never knows--especially with this case! Here's a link I found for some of Marilyn Manson's former tour dates:

Marilyn Manson tours - The Marilyn Manson Wiki
He is my second choice for a suspect. My first choice might get me in hot water. What if it's someone connected to all of them. The drug dealer.

LE
... go to 15:17. It says police were able to tap Amanda's phone and listen to LISK' voice??? If this is true, why have they not released the calls?
LE doesn't need Amanda to ID killers voice..
LE has it.
It's been yrs since the killings.
Wish they did release.
Guess they don't want 10,000 callers saying they recognize the voice

LE

LE doesn't need Amanda to ID killers voice..
LE has it.
It's been yrs since the killings.
Wish they did release.
Guess they don't want 10,000 callers saying they recognize the voice

Anything to substantiate this? Opinion, or based on factual knowledge? I understand sometimes people know things they are not at liberty to say publicly, and I don't expect an answer, given that. You've been heard, that's all I can say, I can imagine what it is in regard to, but nothing else.

I understood LE were trying to trace the call so logic would also dictate they would have recorded the voice.

If following correct police procedure. And in this case bugger knows if they did.

I understood LE were trying to trace the call so logic would also dictate they would have recorded the voice.

If following correct police procedure. And in this case bugger knows if they did.
I too believe LE has the killers voice.
LE would not set up the technology to try and catch him and not have a recording of what the killer said to Amanda.
The FBI should release part of the tape.

I don’t agree. LE is prevented from wire taps without probable cause. Melissa was reported missing, not abducted or murdered so no real urgency in the beginning. Once everyone figured out what was going on, getting the warrant would take some time and I’m sure the jurisdictional issues slowed things up.

Interestingly, Melissa's mother told People.com that her daughter made a number of phone calls to Manorville. I went back to the old thread and found the pages from the date when she said that (Sep 2017), but it was never mentioned on here.

I can't find a reliable source, but I know it was said that Melissa's best friend was Rita Tangredi's daughter and that that family lived in the Manorville area.

It's possible that it's Tangredi's daughter, but they probably would have been able to track that number if it was her?
This sounds like the police asked Melissa's mother if she knew anyone in Manorville because they weren't able to figure out who owned the number she was calling (burner). Bearing in mind that they never recovered Melissa's phone, so it would have had to be the police who told her about those calls.

In saying that, you could be right. She could have misremembered.

I can't find a reliable source, but I know it was said that Melissa's best friend was Rita Tangredi's daughter and that that family lived in the Manorville area.
Yes, I believe that I read that also. Manorville is also where John Bitrolff resided, and where Jessica Taylor partial remains were discovered way back in 2003.

The family lived in Buffalo NY.

News Nation reported new information was released by SCPD.
They said calls from the killer were also made from Freeport and Lindenhurst Long Island.

News Nation reported new information was released by SCPD.
They said calls from the killer were also made from Freeport and Lindenhurst Long Island.
I believe that's where her phone pinged cell towers.

The calls were made near Penn Station and the Port Authority Bus Terminal. Busy places where it would be virtually impossible to track him. He would have been like a needle in a haystack in those places.

Of course, he knew this.

From the Long Island Press re: Melissa Barthelemy:

"On the night she was last seen, she told a friend she was going to see a man and would be back in the morning, but offered no other details, according to investigators. Her cellphone records show she traveled from the Bronx to Manhattan, most likely via taxi, police said.

Records showed cell phone activity in Manhattan, Freeport, Massapequa, and Lindenhurst and motels in and near these neighborhoods were investigated, authorities revealed. The killer later called her sister, making calls near the Port Authority Bus Terminal and Penn Station in Manhattan. Police said the areas were “thoroughly canvassed immediately following the calls,” but no leads were developed due to the large amount of pedestrian traffic in those areas." Suffolk Police Release New Info on Gilgo Beach Murder Victims

My guess is that Melissa arranged the date with LISK, and then traveled out to Long Island to meet him. Taxi from her home to Manhattan would be feasible. From Penn Station in Manhattan she would have taken the Long Island Railroad Babylon line to Long Island, in this order: 34th (Penn Station), Jamaica, Rockville Centre, Baldwin, Freeport, Merrick, Bellmore, Wantagh, Seaford, Massapequa, Massapequa Park, Amityville, Copiague, Lindenhurst. I lived in West Babylon, and did not drive at the time, so often I was picked up at the Lindenhurst or Babylon station, or took car service to my house from one of those two stops. This was before Uber. I think parking was easier at Lindenhurst, or it was easier to get to, by those who picked me up. So, Melissa could have been picked up there or Babylon stop by LISK, or taken car service from there to meet LISK. Those are my conjectures, having lived in the area and actually taken that line fairly frequently.

Last edited:
Does anyone have faith this case will be solved?
I don't.

I believe that's where her phone pinged cell towers.

The calls were made near Penn Station and the Port Authority Bus Terminal. Busy places where it would be virtually impossible to track him. He would have been like a needle in a haystack in those places.

Of course, he knew this.
The calls were made from Penn Station and Times Square.

It was reported on News Nation that the killer also made calls from Freeport and Lindenhurst.
MB stepfather said the calls were made around 5:30 in the evening.

I don't think the killer made the calls from the Railroad.
But than again, you never know.

If someone could direct me to the right thread-
much appreciated

IDK the rules and hope i am not breaking them

Just my opinion

I wonder. Using the information given via MB sister’s phone calls- the use of the term “half-breed”, could the SK be themselves “half-bred”.

Okay so follow me.

I wonder if SK grew up in a cultural environment as someone who did not “look” part of their culture, and it was repeated to them a lot.

I do agree - the term “half breed” is very old fashioned , and not typically how a Caucasion male racist would word this expression given the intention. The wordage is atypical considering the widely used verbal attack language used in American culture since IDK way before this person was alive.

But - maybe it used often to SK in another language and loosely translated

SK may sound white because he doesn’t sound specifically any other dialect/accent

Were any of the GB4 sexually assaulted? Or any indication? Aside from being naked

From my research, the AC4 were not.

Certain aspects of the 4GB and the AC4 are eerily similar. The spatial awareness holds me- from an aerial map view, the placement is so specific.

I am by trade a visual artist/sculptor - and the placement of these women from an aerial Google map perspective are very striking as a graphic. Highly specific. Not the same, but closely related.

This is how you build an art show, the work feels related enough to be in the same room and also independent. Not saying SK is an artist BTW.

I am also an avid Geocacher- i wonder if the spacing is based on pacing, very Boy Scout- counting each step you walk/heel to foot.

Maybe some of the larger variations in distance between each victim could indicate sometimes SK is drunk, as MB boyfriend/pimp said.

IMO it does seem possible SK does partake/drink/party sometimes, maybe only for the purpose of targeting. Perhaps each victim had contact previously and assumed it would be a similar, non-threatening experience.

It is noted ALL 8 of the AC4 and GB4 were identified immediately- I wonder if SK chose women who had family strategically to be noticed. (versus several LI Jane Doe for example)

There is a theory SK is a drug dealer because some victims gave an impression of a short, momentary, interaction or a person known or trusted.

I wonder if it could be as simple as SK likes to party and is wealthy. Very wealthy and seemingly non threatening. “I am heading up to LI, we are going to party our faces off - come up I will pay you well”

Aerially, 4GB - LE would know exactly where to look given the data. As PB pointed out- (1) was in the middle, and it went Left, Right, Left, and we could presume Right

The AC4 - I do not know the area, but the same goes essentially - 1 far 2 short 3 far 4 short and so on..

One thing is certain, each set of (4) women are exclusively a set. Highly specific.

(4) burlap sacks.

(4) in a drainage ditch in a row

Specifically intended burial distances, positioning, and dress. (naked in burlap/fully clothed w/o shoes.

I doubt any of the other victims on LI or AC found during the investigation are related. IMO.

I imagine this person studies burial rituals, maybe as part of a religion but maybe as a hobby.

Is there any indication the GB4 were sexually assaulted? Has LE looked outside the US for a similar pattern?
Welcome to WS. I have followed this case from the beginning. Your questions are good and relevant. One of the saddest points to the GB4 and other victims found is that there was corruption within the police department. Unfortunately, it is unknown what or if all evidence was gathered and/or logged.
IMO the GB4 could have been "planted" purposely by an individual who knows the area, frequently drove on that road, and enjoyed knowing where his victims were.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back