Victim: Samantha Clarke, 19, missing from Orange County VA, Sept 2010 -- Link??

Discussion in 'Randy Allen Taylor' started by bessie, Aug 13, 2013.

1. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Suspect Connected to the Samantha Clarke Case
    Living in the shadow: As Samantha Clarke's family mourns, a suspect claims police harassment
    Much more at the link

2. Loading...

3. bessie

4. bessie

Randy Taylor, Suspect In Alexis Murphy Disappearance, Is Person Of Interest In Another Disappearance

5. bessie

Suspect in Murphy Case Has Touched At Least One Other Missing Teen Case

6. katinva

katinva New Member

I think its obvious RAT is connected to this one.

7. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

8. ktgirl

ktgirl Verified College Instructor

Did Samatha have a car? If not, when she told her brother she'd be back and left, I wonder if she left on foot or a vehicle (maybe RAT's picked her up). Just wondering if he picked her up or asked her to meet him somewhere.
    I can't find any info on a car on Samantha's NAMUS page, so I'm assuming she didn't have a car.

Sam's NAMUS page:
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11591/0/

9. forestchilde

forestchilde New Member

http://m.washingtonpost.com/local/l...501fe4-0597-11e3-bfc5-406b928603b2_story.html

10. astridxx

astridxx New Member

Coming up on ABC 13 News at 5, I am clearing up a rumor about the Samantha Clarke investigation and that GPS device that was planted on Taylor's car.

https://www.facebook.com/ParkerABC13

11. Bsublime

Bsublime Member

Let us know if they say anything interesting. I am on a business trip and can't watch :(

12. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

13. astridxx

astridxx New Member

14. katinva

katinva New Member

Do we know how in depth the other 2 young guys were interrogated by the cops? It seems like there was nothing on this case until the Hook article came out.

15. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

It's difficult to find much information about Samantha. From what I recall, her and her mother had been at a bar right before she disappeared. They met some guys at the bar, and one even came home with them and spent the night. Now, the two guys worked with RAT, but whether RAT had ever been to her home, or even knew where it was... I don't know!!! Nothing that I could find stated he even knew where she lived. He called her several times, from long distance. Soooo if the call was long distance, how does that place him in the area at the time she left???? Can't figure that one out yet. IMO, it would appear the other two guys needed heavy questioning because they DID know where she lived. They searched a lake at least 10 times that was where RAT had a camper at the time. Probably same camper he was living in before being arrested. Otherwise, not even sure where else they searched.... So much missing.

16. katinva

katinva New Member

Yeah I heard the bar story but thats about it. Nothing further.....so odd!

17. Just K

Just K New Member

Long distance would be any phone number outside of the local area code. The mother had the cellphone so he was calling the home phone/landline.

18. Deba

Deba New Member

I believe the landline only had local calling. I think, but am not sure, that RAT had a cell phone because he had texted the cell phone which was in the mom's possession.

ETA: Here is the information concerning the text:

http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

19. MoxieThyme

MoxieThyme New Member

long distance wouldn't necessarily be out of the area code or far away.... especially if she only had a local calling plan... I'll give an example... it takes me maybe 15 minutes to drive to my mom's house, but on the local calling plan it is considered non-local (even though we have the same area code) and therefore you either cant call it or you have to pay long distance fees to call it... it's one of the reasons we got rid of our land line and opted just to use our cell phones... which brings me to my other point/clarification... I bought my cell phone in Madison Heights, Va at the Walmart... but the phone number assigned to it is a Charlottesville number... so even though I live an hour away from Charlottesville, that's what I got... so if someone where I lived only had a local land line, they wouldn't be able to call me on my cell phone even if I was standing right next to them at the time... Maybe samantha couldnt call RAT's cell because it was considered long distance, and yet he could have been right outside her house.... also, I thought in another article it stated that Samantha was supposed to meet RAT that night to ride along on a car repo... I know I read that in an article, but I have no idea which one... anyway, all of this is just FYI and MOO :)

20. Deba

Deba New Member

You are correct on all counts.

I believe in the article I linked it says RAT's area code on his cell phone was different from Samantha's landline area code making it long distance but that doesn't mean RAT wasn't near her home. He could have been in a car outside.

I don't think it was the night Samantha disappeared the repo ride was to take place - it had taken place earlier and one of the young men she met in the bar asked her to come along - RAT was also among the group on the repo ride.

21. katinva

katinva New Member

No your article did say she had plans to go out again that night with them. Im pretty sure because when you posted it this week I learned a few things I didnt know. Like, she had just met these guys (including RAT) a few days before her disappearance.