Volusia County - Daytona Beach (Ridgwood Ave corridor)

The first known victim was 45-year-old Laquetta Gunther, who was found in an alley on December 26, 2005. She had been shot in the back of the head. DNA was recovered from the scene.[2] The second victim was 34-year-old Julie Green, found January 14, 2006. She had also been shot in the back of the head. No DNA was recovered, but tire tracks were found. The tires were for a 2003 Taurus or Sable and in fact the exact tires were later found.[2] Just over a month later, on February 24, 2006 police found the body of Iwana Patton, 35, on a dirt road. She had been shot, but not in the back of the head, and possibly had struggled with her killer. DNA was recovered, along with a shell casing that allowed police to identify the make and model of pistol used. (.40-caliber Smith & Wesson Sigma Series VE.)[2] Ballistics from recovered bullets and recovered DNA matched.[1][3] Authorities received an anonymous telephone call describing the location of Patton's body, but the caller was eventually identified and questioned, and is not a suspect in the killings. All three women are believed to have worked as sex workers in the Daytona Beach area.[1] Police believe the victims voluntarily accompanied their killer, possibly in a vehicle, and were subsequently murdered and dumped in the same area of Daytona Beach. The killer did not attempt to conceal the bodies.

The remains of Stacey Charlene Gage, 30, were found on January 2, 2008. She had been shot in the head.[2] Police believe she was killed December 11, 2007. Police have further stated that the circumstances surrounding the case are eerily similar to the three previous unsolved homicides. Unlike the first three victims, Gage did not have a criminal record involving prostitution. However, she did have a history of drug problems. The van Gage was driving the night she disappeared was later recovered.[3]
Daytona Beach killer - Wikipedia

I don't know if the article tells you what the Palm Beach County case is or when it happened because i can't access it from my region. I searched this forum and there's a few recent cases there that are unsolved with victims roughly fitting the victim type and age. Wonder if it's any of those, again if the article doesn't say because i can't read it. I'm guessing it's older though.
I can’t find the name identified as the Palm Beach woman. I’m relatively sure someone will come along and fill us in. There are a lot of observant WSers on here that recall details so well.

First Name ROBERT
Middle Name TYRONE
Last Name HAYES
Suffix
DOB 03/12/1982
Race B
Sex M
Arrest Date 09/15/2019
Filing Date 09/16/2019
Offense Date 03/07/2016
Case Status Open

Count 1
Statute 782.04(1A1)
Description MURDER PREMEDITATED

Date 09/16/2019 09:00 AM
Description FAP - FIRST APPEARANCE
Location GB
Room #1 (Gun Club)

eCaseView

Old article about Rachel:

Mar 11, 2016

[...]

Rachel Bey’s body was found by workers about 50 feet from the road on Beeline Highway near Pratt Whitney Road Monday. The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office did not say how long it believed the 32-year-old’s body had been there, but it ruled her death a homicide.

[...]

Aliahu Bey, who was the only child between his parents who met in the military before his father died, said his mother had another son, then adopted two girls and then Rachel when she was 3 months old.

Though the family is originally from North Carolina, it moved to Port Salerno in Martin County in 1989. Growing up, the family was often around nursing homes and Rachel was always first to volunteer and help out, Bey said. As a teen, she got into drugs and other problems, which Bey said was hard to watch.

“It’s the typical story: a kid hanging out with the wrong group of people,” he said.

When Bey joined the Army and left Florida, he said he saw his sister change for the better, including becoming a certified nursing assistant working in the home-care and nursing home industry.

Though most of the family has moved out since then, Bey said Rachel stayed behind, getting into deeper trouble and drugs.

“We all wanted to rescue and steal her away,” he said. “But we knew that choice had to be hers. And she wanted to have that kind of change.”

Brother recalls 'loving and caring' woman found dead on Beeline

upload_2019-9-16_15-50-17-png.204613

A judge Monday denied bail to Robert Hayes in the March 2016 death of Rachel Bey, whose body was found along the Beeline Highway.

A man facing charges in the 2016 killing of Rachel Bey may be tied to at least four other women’s deaths in central Florida, authorities said.

Arrest made in 2016 PBC homicide tied to suspected Florida serial killer

An elusive killer, who for almost 14 years had Daytona Beach Police detectives working the brutal murders of three prostitutes shot in the head execution-style, was arrested Sunday in South Florida.

Palm Beach County sheriff’s authorities arrested Robert Hayes, 37, late Sunday in the March 7, 2016, killing of 32-year-old Rachel Bey, whose body was found about 50 feet off the Beeline Highway west of Jupiter.

Hayes faces a first-degree murder charge and appeared before a judge for a bail hearing Monday morning. Hayes was ordered held without bail.
Daytona serial killings arrest: Suspect charged, held in South Florida

Robert Hayes, 37, was booked Sunday for the 2016 murder of 32-year-old Rachel Bey, whose body was found 50 feet off a highway near Jupiter, Florida, according to the Palm Beach Post.

The slayings occurred between 2005 and 2007, and in each case the women were found with a .40 gunshot wound to the back of the head. Two of them were found with the killer’s semen in their heads along with the bullet from the gun.
Man believed to be 'Daytona Beach serial killer' arrested

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back