Deceased/Not Found VT - Bill, 49, & Lorraine Currier, 55, Essex, 8 June 2011

I see that LE is looking at phone records. I wonder if this means incoming and outgoing phone calls ? How about cell phone pings ? I'm sure that if the FBI is involved that has been looked into as well.... MOO

All of these things (cell phone, etc.,) to look into is standard --- therefore the police department was sure to have done this from early on. However, it does take time to do this between the protocol that must be followed, etc.

Sometime it appears that people think that the FBI comes in / brought in, because the local authorities are stymied and the case is too complex for their local department. This is not necessarily true ... most of the time it is because of the cost of working the case. Most department's do not have a huge budget and it doesn't take long before (for example), overtime for paying the officers, detectives and crime scene technicians, 'eats up' their budget.

By bringing in the FBI, this allows for more state and federal funds to be used to help with the investigation.

A longtime friend of Lorraine Currier says Currier feared for her safety before she disappeared. Linda Pratt tells WPTZ-TV that Currier recently told her she was afraid of a man who had been bothering her. "She never mentioned a name," Pratt said. "She just said, 'This guy, at this point I'm scared to death of him, it's like he's stalking me.'"

http://www.necn.com/06/17/11/Was-missing-Vermont-woman-a-stalking-vic/landing_newengland.html?blockID=535665&feedID=4206

Wow... This reminds me of the elderly woman in Vermont who was also abducted and her car was taken. She was murdered, and AFAIK her killer(s) never were found... I read about the case here on WS ... Does it ring a bell with anyone ? It was just as strange as this case. I wonder if the FBI got any usable prints from both vehicles that might be a match for the abductor .... MOO

JMO

All of these things (cell phone, etc.,) to look into is standard --- therefore the police department was sure to have done this from early on. However, it does take time to do this between the protocol that must be followed, etc.

Sometime it appears that people think that the FBI comes in / brought in, because the local authorities are stymied and the case is too complex for their local department. This is not necessarily true ... most of the time it is because of the cost of working the case. Most department's do not have a huge budget and it doesn't take long before (for example), overtime for paying the officers, detectives and crime scene technicians, 'eats up' their budget.

By bringing in the FBI, this allows for more state and federal funds to be used to help with the investigation.

TY, K9Chaser, for this most useful information.

Wow... This reminds me of the elderly woman in Vermont who was also abducted and her car was taken. She was murdered, and AFAIK her killer(s) never were found... I read about the case here on WS ... Does it ring a bell with anyone ? It was just as strange as this case. I wonder if the FBI got any usable prints from both vehicles that might be a match for the abductor .... MOO

JMO

Do you mean Mary Pat O'Hagan? I don't recall that her car was taken, though my memory may be faulty.
http://www.dps.state.vt.us/vtsp/homicide/ohagan.html

Do you mean Mary Pat O'Hagan? I don't recall that her car was taken, though my memory may be faulty.
http://www.dps.state.vt.us/vtsp/homicide/ohagan.html

Bench-monkey,
Thank you for finding the link.Yes, this is the case I meant. Looks like there are some strange similarities.MOO This does not sound good at all.... IMO

JMO

ETA You are right, her car was not taken.Other than that,though, I do see similarities. I was actually thinking of another case involveing a missing fam8ly whose car was found close to their home.... TY again...

I wonder if Lorraine's purse was left behind at their home ?

JMO

Hi all,

I am a reporter at Channel 5 who has been covering the Currier disappearance since it began -- we're the ones who talked to Lorraine's friend, Linda Pratt, who said Lorraine may have been scared of someone in her life.

I want to keep this story out there and, as many of you have mentioned, help find out what happened.

If anyone is willing to chat, particularly if you are in the Essex area, please don't hesitate to contact me.

I'm available by phone at 802-233-3327 or email at jglavan@hearst.com

Thanks for any help,

Jill Glavan
Newschannel Five

What I find interesting is that Mr. Currier's family are the only family members out there in the news. What about Lorraine Currier's family? I guess it's possible that she doesn't have any other living relatives, but wouldn't you expect that something along those lines would have been mentioned at some point? Or are they involved and I have totally missed that...

Hi all,

I am a reporter at Channel 5 who has been covering the Currier disappearance since it began -- we're the ones who talked to Lorraine's friend, Linda Pratt, who said Lorraine may have been scared of someone in her life.

I want to keep this story out there and, as many of you have mentioned, help find out what happened.

If anyone is willing to chat, particularly if you are in the Essex area, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks for any help,

Jill Glavan
Newschannel Five

Welcome Jill,
I am an employee at UVM and work in the same builiding as Mr. Currier. I also am an acquaintance of one of his sisters. That being said, I haven't heard a lot about the dissappearance beyond what has been in the news or other rumors posted here. I hope this means that the police are keeping a tight lid on things. However, I noticed this weekend and today that there are no new stories regarding the Curriers. Does this mean people are already losing interest?

Welcome Jill,
I am an employee at UVM and work in the same builiding as Mr. Currier. I also am an acquaintance of one of his sisters. That being said, I haven't heard a lot about the dissappearance beyond what has been in the news or other rumors posted here. I hope this means that the police are keeping a tight lid on things. However, I noticed this weekend and today that there are no new stories regarding the Curriers. Does this mean people are already losing interest?

Thanks for the reply. From what I've heard from police, they are still going through surveillance video and records trying to turn something up. As far as interest, I've gotten the feeling that people are certainly still interested, there's just not much new information out there to go on...

Hi all,

Thanks for any help,

Jill Glavan
Newschannel Five

Hello Jill,
Welcome to the WS forum. It's great tohave a local reporter who is interested enought to come here...

Hi Jill....thanks for joining the thread!

Here's a little bit more info...not much...

http://www.wcax.com/story/14942507/investigators-probe-disappearance-of-essex-couple

"Police are still considering this a missing persons case even though they've declared the home a crime scene. They've seized personal records looking for clues and say the couple's handgun is missing from the home's inventory."

I don't recall reading that the home was a crime scene before. This is just so odd in every way....

Thanks for the reply. From what I've heard from police, they are still going through surveillance video and records trying to turn something up. As far as interest, I've gotten the feeling that people are certainly still interested, there's just not much new information out there to go on...

Is there a website or facebook page dedicated to them? If not, maybe one of the locals can contact family or LE to set one up?

Was anything ever said as to whether Bill collected guns before or not? I'd be curious to know if the gun he bought was the only one he owned.

Have the neighbors said anything about seeing their car at the residence after work (5pm) that day?

Another member asked earlier, was Lorraine's handbag found in the house?

Do they have any pets? and if so, were there any signs the pet had been feed recently?

Wondering if they even made it home from work that day.

Have the neighbors said anything about seeing their car at the residence after work (5pm) that day?

Do they have any pets? and if so, were there any signs the pet had been feed recently?

It would seem that they did come home.MOO The phone lines to the house had been cut, and a window near the carport area was broken. Also, a neighbor did report that her dog acted as though something was going on outside.But she didn't check...

Does anyone know how close together the homes on this street are ? If an intruder came in, was he on foot ? And then he took both members of the couple out of the house,and drove off in their car with them ? It is hard to visualize. MOO

They were seen coming home from work, safe.

As for the purse, I'm not sure, all I know is the police said the couple seemed to have left hastily, so I'm assuming nothing was taken along with them.

Normally a woman would bring a purse and her keys when leaving the house right? Well since the police said hastily I'm assuming everything was left behind.

Bill may have had his wallet on him unless they left out in the early morning when everyone in the neighborhood was sleeping.

Maybe the person had been hiding in the garage waiting for them to come home from work, then held them hostage till the early morning hrs so they could have a clean escape without people noticing and everyone sleeping.

Tomorrow is going to be two weeks, and the police are no closer to solving it then the day it happened. I'm just praying there will be one BIG huge crack in the case soon. The family deserves it.

Has there even been a search for them? Not just the police and the dogs I'm talking about the community? How does one go about doing that? Is it through the police department or what?

It would seem that they did come home.MOO The phone lines to the house had been cut, and a window near the carport area was broken. Also, a neighbor did report that her dog acted as though something was going on outside.But she didn't check...

Does anyone know how close together the homes on this street are ? If an intruder came in, was he on foot ? And then he took both members of the couple out of the house,and drove off in their car with them ? It is hard to visualize. MOO

If you look on Google maps, you will see that their street is very populated. I imagine if they were removed from their house against their will it had to be a gunpoint, and in the middle of the night.

They were seen coming home from work, safe.

As for the purse, I'm not sure, all I know is the police said the couple seemed to have left hastily, so I'm assuming nothing was taken along with them.

Normally a woman would bring a purse and her keys when leaving the house right? Well since the police said hastily I'm assuming everything was left behind.

Bill may have had his wallet on him unless they left out in the early morning when everyone in the neighborhood was sleeping.

Maybe the person had been hiding in the garage waiting for them to come home from work, then held them hostage till the early morning hrs so they could have a clean escape without people noticing and everyone sleeping.

Tomorrow is going to be two weeks, and the police are no closer to solving it then the day it happened. I'm just praying there will be one BIG huge crack in the case soon. The family deserves it.

Has there even been a search for them? Not just the police and the dogs I'm talking about the community? How does one go about doing that? Is it through the police department or what?

I'm curious about a possible volunteer search as well -- I think the police dept. usually facilitates that and I'd imagine they'd be the ones to call. Would like to know if this happens!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back