Deceased/Not Found VT - Bill, 49, & Lorraine Currier, 55, Essex, 8 June 2011

I don't think they have been found. I roughly checked dates but the search of the empty lot may coincide around the time Keyes was interrogated for Sam's murder. IMO that would make sense.

He was arrested March 15th in Texas. Extradition took a while. IIRC, when he was being held in Texas he refused to speak to LE. Here's a timeline;
March 15: Anchorage police announce that Israel Keyes was arrested in Lufkin, Texas on a financial fraud charge, and that he's connected to Koenig's disappearance. Police say they don't know where Koenig is, however.

March 22: Sworn statement by FBI agent in the Keyes fraud case is made public. He's accused of stealing a debit card and then using it in Anchorage, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, the FBI says.

March 27: Keyes pleads not guilty to charge of using stolen debit card. Additional documents are filed under seal. A magistrate judge orders him held without bail.

March 30: Agents seize storage shed from Keyes' home in West Anchorage.

April 2: Anchorage police and the FBI announce that Koenig's body was discovered beneath the ice in Matanuska Lake, off the Glenn Highway near Palmer.

April 18: Indictment charging Keyes with kidnapping resulting in a death, possession of ransom money, and using a stolen debit card is made public.
http://www.adn.com/2012/04/18/2429498/authorities-plan-announcement.html
A significant development in the case came in April 2012, when police received “an investigative lead,” Donovan said. Since then, he added, “substantial aspects of the lead have been corroborated by both state and federal law enforcement officials.”

Responding to the lead, officers descended April 12 and 13 on 32 Upper Main St. in Essex. The lot had contained a two-story stone and wood home, which was leveled last year after adjoining property owner Betty Atkins bought the land. Dump trucks later hauled the debris to the dump in Conventry, one of two landfills authorized in Vermont to accept construction ruins.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20120720/NEWS/307200011/Authorities-Curriers-were-abducted-and-killed-in-random-act-Vermont?odyssey=mod|mostview

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&g...=C-oKUJSzCMndrAGZg5HMCg&sqi=2&ved=0CAUQ8gEwAA

Map shows the property with a cabin owned by Keyes, in Constable NY, Currier's home and the property searched by LE in April of this year. Whatever lead LE received about the home which was demo'd, it must have been substantial. They spent quite a bit of money and time searching the landfilled debris.

Google shows the property after the home was demolished, it is in a rural area. How did Keyes know about this out of the way property?

ETA-Keyes put Sam's body in a lake. Perhaps VT LE should consider he did the same with the Currier's.

You would think that DNA could link Keyes to the Currier's green Saturn that an eyewitness said they seen someone driving in the area where the car was found abandon after the Currier's disappeared. The eyewitness gave a description of the driver from which the sketch that resembles Keyes was produced.

There were also swamplands behind the apartment complex where the car was found according to the following linked article. If Keyes likes placing his victims in the water this might of been were he disposed of the Currier's. JMO

Behind the apartment complex where the Curriers' car was dumped is acres of swampland. Police say they've checked here and three other wooded areas in Essex and have found no evidence of the missing couple. Police dogs trained in water rescue have been unable to find a scent. http://www.wcax.com/story/14904570/still-no-word-on-missing-essex-couple

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&g...=C-oKUJSzCMndrAGZg5HMCg&sqi=2&ved=0CAUQ8gEwAA

Map shows the property with a cabin owned by Keyes, in Constable NY, Currier's home and the property searched by LE in April of this year. Whatever lead LE received about the home which was demo'd, it must have been substantial. They spent quite a bit of money and time searching the landfilled debris.

Google shows the property after the home was demolished, it is in a rural area. How did Keyes know about this out of the way property?

ETA-Keyes put Sam's body in a lake. Perhaps VT LE should consider he did the same with the Currier's.

The demolished house really isn't in a rural area. It's a well traveled road - even at night.

and, if true, Vermont and Alaska....how many other victims and where, because the entire continental US is in between virtually. Wasn't he arrested in Texas, IIRC, too? No way these are his only abductions. JMO.

I wonder where Keyes was when Maura Murray disappeared.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&c...=okIKUJ2AOtGbqwHasdizCg&sqi=2&ved=0CAUQ8gEwAA

Hopefully the link will hold. If not Google 8 Colbert St, Essex Junction, VT.
I thought the home would be in a rural area, with no neighbors around. Not the case at all. How the heck did Keyes target this couple?

That is a great question. The whole thing is very strange..... MOO

But, I do remember reading that she told a colleague that some man had been bothering her. She said she thought that he might have been obssessed with her ? Never heard any more about it,though ? JMO

CONSTABLE, N.Y. - Neighbors say no one has lived in the cabin at 511 Poplar Street in Constable, N.Y., for years.

"The Amish lived in there a few years ago and they didn't stay very long. It's very run down," said Megan Clookey, a neighbor.

"They had, I think, two kids and they were the only ones. I didn't know of anybody else who lived there," neighbor Willard Patnode said.

Nor have they met the man who owns the property.

"It's kind of weird because there are not too many people who are on this road and we usually know everybody," Clookey said.

Perhaps that's because the owner is in Alaska, living behind bars while federal prosecutors decide if he should face the death penalty. That man is Israel Keyes, 34. He's already charged with kidnapping and killing an Anchorage teenager and he's the prime suspect in the double murder of Bill and Lorraine Currier, a Vermont couple randomly abducted from their Essex home and murdered more than a year ago.

According to town records, Keyes purchased the Constable cabin and 10-acre property in 1997. And he's kept up with his taxes ever since.

http://www.wcax.com/story/19150460/how-murder-suspect-israel-keyes-is-linked-to-our-region

19150460_BG3.jpg

Keyes is 34, he bought the property when he was 19, interesting.

I still haven't seen anyone connect the dots, this guy is still largely a mysterious figure. I wonder if his family is in contact with him?

IIRC, Keyes lived in Utah during his early years, then moved to WA State. Or maybe he ended up in WA when he joined the Army. What is his connection to New York State?

I dislike Federal cases, so much more difficult to find information on and follow.

Wow! IIRC, one of our members, posting in Samantha's thread, posted about a Vermont connection. And wondered about other victim's.

Police found a crowbar and a pry mark on a door to the Essex home of Bill and Lorraine Currier when investigators first searched the house last year after the couple’s mysterious disappearance, newly released law-enforcement documents state.The authorities also recovered 15 fingerprints from a deadbolt, the home’s garage door and doors to the backyard and the kitchen.

A window pane in the kitchen door had been shattered, sending shards flying far into the house. The pry mark was on the door, which, by the time police found it, had been left unlocked.

That information was revealed for the first time Friday in four search warrants and supporting documents that were released by the Vermont Supreme Court in Montpelier. The warrants have been the subject of ongoing public-records requests and a court case initiated by the Burlington Free Press on June 15, 2011 — six days after the couple was reported missing.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20120803/NEWS02/308030015/Exclusive-Last-Currier-case-warrants-detail-June-2011-break-in?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|FRONTPAGE

Much more at link!!

Initially, I thought Keyes must have confessed to the murders of Bill & Lorraine while being questioned in the Samantha Koenig murder case.

Now I see there were prints, a hair and perhaps even DNA recovered from the car and home, not so sure he uttered a word. I have to look back, but I think the timing works for this scenerio; Booked, fingerprinted and DNA sample obtained in Sam's murder case. May have popped up as a match in the Currier case. Both cases involved the FBI.

Just a few thoughts ... Hope we learn more about how the cases are linked to Keyes.

19150460_BG3.jpg

Keyes is 34, he bought the property when he was 19, interesting.

I still haven't seen anyone connect the dots, this guy is still largely a mysterious figure. I wonder if his family is in contact with him?

IIRC, Keyes lived in Utah during his early years, then moved to WA State. Or maybe he ended up in WA when he joined the Army. What is his connection to New York State?

I dislike Federal cases, so much more difficult to find information on and follow.

I knew a real estate agent back in the 80's, named Keyes (married name), in that general area.

Bethanie Dougherty missing April 1, 2008 Killawog NY

Lutricia Steele missing May 1, 2008 Schenectady, NY

Kellisue Ackernecht missing September 30, 2008 Amsterdam/ Johnstown NY"kelli drove a green Saturn Sedan"

Corrie Anderson missing October 28, 2008 Jamestown NY

Where was Keyes in 2008

I knew a real estate agent back in the 80's, named Keyes (married name), in that general area.

Interesting. Virtually nothing about his family mentioned anywhere. Irrc he was estranged from them.

Pat O'Hagan, a 78 year old widowed lady in Sheffield Vermont 'went missing' from her home in October 2010. Nearly three weeks after she was abducted.. Ms. O'Hagan was found in the woods murdered..10 miles away from her home. Police still have no suspect(s). I mention her case because it kind of reminds me of the William and Lorraine Currier case in Burlington, Vt. I haven't heard Pat O'Hagan mentioned anywhere so thought I'd bring it up.

There was a 78 year old lady in Vermont(Sheffield) that lived alone in her house..Pat O'Hagan..that disappeared from her home..her body was found 10 miles away in the woods a few months later. Police suspected she was abducted from her home. Police have never found out who did it. It was a year or two ago. I mention her case because it kind of reminds me of the Currier case in Burlington, Vt. I haven't heard her mentioned anywhere so thought I'd bring it up.

I'm us sing a tablet on the road. Can't link to news story on pat. How far is Sheffield?

Thank you mikkismom for adding that link, I don't know how to add links. Knox..the town of Sheffield is a TINY town(700+ people)located North Easterly in Vt. on state highway 91..Pat O'Hagan's home is located right on state highway 91. I'm sorry for taking so long with the information, I wanted to be sure it was accurate.

Thank you mikkismom for adding that link, I don't know how to add links. Knox..the town of Sheffield is a TINY town(700+ people)located North Easterly in Vt. on state highway 91..Pat O'Hagan's home is located right on state highway 91. I'm sorry for taking so long with the information, I wanted to be sure it was accurate.

Maybe you should call le and ask them to look at a possible connection. That nancy1954 good find.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapper_physicist
Back