VT VT - Brianna Maitland, 17, Montgomery, 19 March 2004

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by Doyle, Mar 30, 2004.

1. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Of course the Brianna Maitland disappearance occurred a few weeks after that of Maura Murray and another anniversary is coming up unfortunately. Here is a You Tube video about the case. With some of these You Tube videos the age of the video makers worries me a little but this one although a lot younger than I am is a bit older. The other thing that worries me in cases like the Dorothy Scott one and the JonBenet Ramsey one I would not put it past the killer actually going after one of the video makers if he was still out there:

2. yeshax

yeshax Member

That is one scary thought. Hope that never happens.

jaejae likes this.
  3. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

I know it sounds a bit far fetched but there are many young people that post videos about true crime and they are of course horrible cases and if you look at cases like the Dorothy Scott case the stalking in that case is scary. Back to Brianna's case I hope there can be some progress with the case if that is what her family and friends want and I assume it is. In my opinion I do not think it will be a nice resolution though in this case though but I am sure most posters would also have worked that out as well. There may be some more information with the up coming anniversary.

4. Tarik

Tarik Active Member

I'm not sure why the age of the video makers matters, what matters is actually finding Brianna and bringing her home finally.

enter_a_name likes this.
  5. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

I agree with you about finding Brianna and bringing her home. To be blunt like many others I think unfortunately she is dead though. I actually find the fact young people and particularly young females are so interested in true crime very interesting as a social phenomenon. It is something I have observed when studying various cases. I have actually seen real youngsters make videos about nasty cases obviously hiding it from their parents. Brianna of course was just a child herself and this is a sad part of the case. I hope like you there can be some progress in her case for her family.

6. neverletgo

neverletgo Well-Known Member

15 years today :(

15-year anniversary of Brianna Maitland's disappearance
    Posted: Tue 7:52 AM, Mar 19, 2019 | Updated: Tue 11:27 AM, Mar 19, 2019

Snipped:

Link: 15-year anniversary of Brianna Maitland's disappearance

The Farm and jaejae like this.
  7. Tarik

Tarik Active Member

New podcast episode, questions and answers with the two private investigators involved in the case : Please spread the word!

8. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Here is a blog entry about the case and the recent anniversary in the case:

Fifteen Years Gone

9. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

Here is a recent You Tube video about the case:

10. PensiveByNature

PensiveByNature New Member

I'm a lurker here, stopping by every few months to see if there's anything new on cases in New England. I'm one of those people who just won't say anything unless I have something to add that hasn't been addressed.

The Maitland case is particularly interesting as I'm a fairly recent transplant to Vermont.

Reading above and taking the temperature of the forum in general, it appears there's a trend of folks on YouTube making videos to rehash known information and combine it with personal insight. Some of what the YouTube creators say will spark some ideas in my mind.

Does anyone here have any input on the gentleman on YouTube calling himself Terrafullsight Dutrisac? I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting his videos. The grammar and preparation leaves much to be desired, and the host wanders off-topic quite often, however he brings some interesting angles to past discussions. I'm not sure if I'm watching someone's audio/visual media class creations, an attempt at amateur journalism, or someone who has indeed done extensive research yet encounters difficulty expressing himself. Of late he has touched upon the Maitland, Murray, and Lawson cases. There seems to be an attempt at some supernatural explanations in some of his videos, which unfortunately are buried within hours of random comments and within videos with misleading titles.

I've been listening to this person's material in the background the past couple of months as I do projects around the house and felt it was time to jump on here and get some opinions or see if anyone knows the guy. I've been catching up on a lot of his recent videos and I'm just not precisely certain what he's doing.

Criminal Justice mom likes this.
  11. Tarik

Tarik Active Member

I haven't heard of him but based solely on your descriptions, I don't think that's the kind of information that can help this case move forward in the right direction.