VT VT - Marble Arvidson, 17, Brattleboro, 27 Aug 2011

I stumbled across this thread some time ago and have kept an eye out for any news about Marble since... Perhaps this story strikes home on a personal level as I used to live in Brattleboro, even attended Brattleboro Union HS for a stint, and often visit as I have friends/family up there (the last time I was in Brattleboro was a only a mere 3 weeks ago). Such a heartbreaking story and such bizarre circumstances. I hope we get some new news and resolve very soon.
Where are you, Marble??

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Well obviously someone knows something and that person he went off with hasn't come forward so that pretty much tells me a lot. If you don't have anything to hide, why would you not come forward and offer the family any information you can give. It seems there are a lot of places you could hide a body and I'm sure that storm/flood bought that person some more time. You can look up the present day police logs and read the comments on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/brattleboro.police/?ref=search. and see how many times people have been arrested in association with that area where he used to hang out. I'm sure not a lot has changed since he went missing. I spend a lot of time reading the logs and it took a while to get through the past 2 months. I wonder who he hung out with that summer. Those people would be about the same age as some of the people that are getting arrested down there. It appears to be a tight community, and I could see people keeping secrets. Hopefully someones guilt will get to them one day.

I was at the Brattleboro food co-op again this weekend. I thought about Marble as we drove in the area and across the CT River. I hope someday he will be found.

I heard about a case in Colorado of an unidentified deceased man. Colorado Investigators Release 3-D Reconstruction of Suicide Victim in Hopes of Identifying Him
The investigators may be off on the age of the victim but the stories seem to match. A young man who was an Avid hiker in Vermont would be comfortable in the mountains of Colorado. Summit County Colorado is home to some of the biggest ski resorts. Marble may have ended up there looking for work or he knew people from Vermont who moved out there for the ski mountain work.
Today I reported it to the detective in Vermont who has the case. Maybe they already have been through this Colorado case before. If not maybe DNA solve these cases.

Marble was suggested on this UID thread..
CO - CO - Summit Co., WhtMale, 30-50, Blonde, Wire Glasses, Indiglo Watch, Glock, July'16

5317DMVT - Marble Ace Arvidson

5317DMVT.jpg
5317DMVT1.jpg
5317DMVT4.jpg
5317DMVT5.jpg

The image on the right has been age-progressed to 23 years.

Name: Marble Ace Arvidson
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: August 27, 2011
Location Last Seen: Brattleboro, Windham County, Vermont

Physical Description
Date of Birth: June 4, 1994
Race: White
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 165 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Marb, Ace
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scars on his arms and body from cutting himself

Thinking about Marble for some reason today. One thing I don't understand is there has to be a better description of the person that came to his house. They said he was around the same age but shorter. Why not put out a sketch of this person a long time ago? Maybe someone could have seen him and narrow down a timeline. I mean maybe they could have looked for signs a person he knew was doing more drugs being more reckless, acting out in ways. That's a lit of guilt to carry. Unfortunately I don't think he's with us as anymore. I hope his loved ones get closure one day.

Thinking about Marble for some reason today. One thing I don't understand is there has to be a better description of the person that came to his house. They said he was around the same age but shorter. Why not put out a sketch of this person a long time ago? Maybe someone could have seen him and narrow down a timeline. I mean maybe they could have looked for signs a person he knew was doing more drugs being more reckless, acting out in ways. That's a lit of guilt to carry. Unfortunately I don't think he's with us as anymore. I hope his loved ones get closure one day.

Hi Debbie- curious if you remember where you read that the visitor was shorter- I have followed this case awhile and don't remember reading any visual description of that visitor, only that he had been overheard. Would love to read what you may have read, and thanks!

I heard about a case in Colorado of an unidentified deceased man. Colorado Investigators Release 3-D Reconstruction of Suicide Victim in Hopes of Identifying Him
The investigators may be off on the age of the victim but the stories seem to match. A young man who was an Avid hiker in Vermont would be comfortable in the mountains of Colorado. Summit County Colorado is home to some of the biggest ski resorts. Marble may have ended up there looking for work or he knew people from Vermont who moved out there for the ski mountain work.
Today I reported it to the detective in Vermont who has the case. Maybe they already have been through this Colorado case before. If not maybe DNA solve these cases.
The DNA Doe Project is actively working the Summit Doe Case. Maybe we'll have answer to that case soon.

Hi Debbie- curious if you remember where you read that the visitor was shorter- I have followed this case awhile and don't remember reading any visual description of that visitor, only that he had been overheard. Would love to read what you may have read, and thanks!
Gosh, that's been so long ago. I'll have to poke around some more. Sorry.

https://player.fm/series/true-crime-bullsh/ep-0414-follow-the-hurricanes

Marbel's case was discussed on the investigative podcast True Crime Bullsh**, a serialized podcast on Israel Keyes. The host Josh Hallmark obtained new information about Marbel via a FOIA request and discussed the possibility of Keyes involvement in Marbel's disappearance.

Sorry, but Bullsh** seems about right for the title. There's a lot of "could have happened" connections like some arsons and an as yet unsolved bank robbery in VT by a man wearing a black fedora near that time, and of course, the Currier murders in Essex VT by Keyes three months earlier (Essex is about 2-3 hours away). It's an interesting theory but the biggest link is that Keyes chose his victims at random, and this would truly have been random.

To be fair, TCB shared a lot of info that hasn't been previously brought up before about Marble such as Marble's aunt having a heated argument with one of Marble's associates (one later convicted of other crimes). And it's a good reminder that his disappearance happened right before a major natural disaster hit VT. Is TCB an approved source at WS?

In addition, since it was brought up a few messages earlier in this thread, here is the source for the unknown visitor being shorter than Marble:
rsbm
Mike Zaransky, one of Marble's roommates, had left the previous day to spend the weekend with his girlfriend, Emma Mullen. Zaransky said he called and spoke to a fourth roommate, who stated Marble was doing fine. When he called the next day the other roommate said someone had knocked on the door, Marble answered it and their interaction seemed to be friendly.

The unknown man was described as about the same age as Marble and a little shorter.

http://www.reformer.com/localnews/ci_23950128/2-years-later-still-searching-marble

20110906_053116_MissingKid.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back