W.S. Exclusive. Cindy A. Tells Websleuths Owner Her Lawyer Is Taking On Websites!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little insulted, actually. WS is THE best websites and Cindy hasn't checked us out?

Maybe she's mixing up message boards with websites?

Here is my theory about the discussion.

I have run across this before on my blog. CA may have been trying to feel Tricia out about the fact that Tricia does have the ability to moderate posts, and I don't think that it was bad language that she was objecting to.

There have been a couple of posters who say they have emailed Cindy about WS. I can't remember who the other was. The lady who dug through the Anthony's trash found prints of WS posts. And if Cindy has been on WS making prints then she has at some point seen the mods warnings about the discussions, giving warnings about banning and pulling posts.

So she knew, she just wanted to get Tricia to acknowlege it IMO. I think what she was actually thinking about was the posts that referred to Casey as a murderer. I mean, why would she care if Tricia allowed bad language? People hit blogs like this all the time and the usual objection is "innocent until proven guilty". In other words, don't accuse my friend/family- even in cases where there is a witness/evidence they will say that. I think she may be trying to set up for a slander/libel suit.

JMO of course!

Very Interesting and could be true. I did think I might have, I want to stress might have, heard someone in the background whispering. Could be my hearing is out of whack like everything else on my body ;)

If this is the case, and you do bring up great points, then I am ready, not worried, and wont' hold my breath.

Any lawyer worth his salt would not take the Anthony's money to do something like you suggested Mysterview because they couldn't win. It would be a massive money drain.

Hey, if anyone wants to try and cause me enough trouble to say, "to hell with it" and shut WS down...IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

If I can handle some of the posters we have had to ban this year I can handle anything else that comes our way.:woohoo::woohoo:

PS> I am constantly being threatened with lawsuits. Literally from the first day I took over WS. It is just an annoying buzz around my head when anyone says, "I"M GOING TO SUE YOU."

Thank you, Tricia!
I don't think I have ever been a participant on a forum where the owner thinks so much of the members. You're amazing to say the least and your battles will be won.

In the meantime...

What happened to priorities?? Where is Caylee?
That should be first and foremost ... BEFORE worrying about what people are saying! Bejeezus!

Originally Posted by SoCalSleuth
I'll represent you for free if her attorney contacts you. I teach internet defamation and have been a lawyer forever (or so it seems

WOW. This is a very generous offer my dear. Thank you. I may just take you up on it if something happens but I really doubt it. Still, very kind of you.

notmykids, I said voluntary, I realize not everyone can afford... besides Tricia already said she cannot accept. sorry if I confused my intent.

Tricia, unless and until you hear from an attorney I wouldn't worry too much. These people are in the public eye and as such should expect website postings that are both pro and con, complimentary and brutal. It comes with the territory when a person or family is in the public eye. Unless she's looking for a lot more angry people and a lot more publicity, I would hope she'd concentrate on what's happening with her daughter and grandchild instead of attempting to insinuate threats and/or intimidation of websites.

I've been around on the internet since its inception and I've seen some pretty horrendous sites due to my occupation and this is the best and most well-moderated site I've seen.

Tricia, I know what you are going to say but I still feel compelled to write this. I would be more than happy to donate the first $100 towards a new laptop for you. Just tell me where to sent it. You have provided us with a wonderful web site, let us repay you in a small way.

Warmest regards,

Montana
me too - I can't afford $100 but will gladly donate what I can.

If my child (or grandchild) were missing, I'd come on here and invite you all to make fun of my clothes, my hair, my family, my car, my house ... say what you want

BUT HELP ME FIND MY BABY

Because really ... isn't that the only thing that should be on her mind?

IMO of course ...

I'll represent you for free if her attorney contacts you. I teach internet defamation and have been a lawyer forever (or so it seems).
Righton SoCal! And Tricia...you need to get a paypal up to donate for you to get a new computer! YOU are the reason we are able to be here. What you do is beyond words! I, for one, will gladly donate! Thanks again, Tricia:clap:

Okay....well.....it's official....they have officially gone way off the deep end.

I also don't believe that they have not been here looking around. Katie herself said that she had invited her here.

Too bad they don't spend as much time looking for their missing grandchild. Can I say that without having to deal with legal action?

Agree. One poster here "sounded" very much like CA and used terminology that she would use (as a nurse.) Another poster called her on it and even called her by name "C****" The CA-like poster became annoyed and accused the second poster of "name calling" which struck me as pretty funny since it wasn't really name calling but rather guessing at the identity (hope that makes sense.)

Dear Tricia,

I would also like to contribute... Please consider putting a paypal button on the site.. then people can contribute any time they want. It's really easy...

she just wants to stop websites from saying ANYTHING negative, even the words casey is guilty , or casey buried her daughter are bad words to her. not gonna happen, not in a million years, but I'm all for her wasting her money trying!

gee, I wonder why she was so vague about "katie526".....can't imagine....

Didn't they have ws printouts in the trash? absolutely.

Tricia, I know what you are going to say but I still feel compelled to write this. I would be more than happy to donate the first $100 towards a new laptop for you. Just tell me where to sent it. You have provided us with a wonderful web site, let us repay you in a small way.

Warmest regards,

Montana

Montana, I cannot accept your 100 dollars.

You are so kind and generous but no. I am really fine and never should have mentioned it.

Life will be good when the ads hit. I promise.

In the meantime you all repay me by thinking, posting, researching and making WS the best place on the Internet.

I wonder what Cindy's email to myfoxorlando said? lol, It was prolly some generic type email addressed to all. KWIM

Kids,

I am signing off for the night and may not be on until tomorrow afternoon.

Have fun and behave now....:crazy:

Mods, you have my cell if you need me, anytime.

Tricia

Thank you Tricia! I am sorry about your computer...is there anyway your homeowners will cover it?

Reading your thread really bothered me...the A's have a missing granddaughter and they are concerned about the language used on the internet?? Strange priorities, I guess.

It is Tricia thanks to great leadership

Montana, I cannot accept your 100 dollars.

You are so kind and generous but no. I am really fine and never should have mentioned it.

Life will be good when the ads hit. I promise.

In the meantime you all repay me by thinking, posting, researching and making WS the best place on the Internet.

I've got a question being a newbie and not knowing the laws..

Can we get into trouble for posting pictures that are freely found on the internet? There is no copywrite on the photo's.

I hope someone sees this and can answer it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo